New Immigration Office

Tywais

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am informed by a source I regard as reliable that the move to Promenade is a temporary move while the original premisses are refurbished.

On completion Immigration will move back into their Airport premisses.

john

So they have moved from the Airport area to a temporary office across from Promenada, then will move to a much nicer temporary office in Promenada, then back to the Airport area?

If there was no immigration department, what would you all do with your extra time and free brain power?

Hamburger and Pizza threads with the odd coffee thread.

How about we start up a movie thread?thumbsup.gif

I would love a movie thread. I am a movie buff tired of all the new offerings and re-offerings numbered 1-2-3-4-5-6 repeats mostly of number 1. I am going back in time now to pick up all the golden oldies. I am sure there are other old codgers who are movie critics along with myself. It would be a nice break from the verbal battles that ensue here. At my age all the old movies are new. I love watching an old movie a time capsule of the slow paced common sense great world we grew up in. I can remember when I was around 12 years old(it was safe to go out alone then) hitch hiking(I was very independent due to necessity) into the city and lining up at the old Century (I think every city had one and a Fox to) to watch Gene and Roy back to back battle the bad guys what great times. We had no money for allowances back then then family was to poor and I used to shovel manure for a farmer every Sunday to get movie money. Sunday evenings I would hog the small mantel radio we had and starting at 6.30 it was Sky King, The Lone Ranger, The Green Hornet, Jack Benny and many more that I cannot remember. They tell me now are the "Golden" years but I beg to differ I think way back then things were more golden. Life was more of an adventure and I lived it. My apologies for going so far off topic my mind wanders at times.

I am informed by a source I regard as reliable that the move to Promenade is a temporary move while the original premisses are refurbished.

john

That would make sense as it does seem odd to seperate the services. I'll set the line at 3yrs for refurbishment. Over / under anyone?

Had a wander down to the Prom yesterday and checked out the new office...not a lot happening ...but assume they will have everything in place for Fridays 'blessing"

There was nobody around and since somebody left the door open........I....err.......anyway...

john

Got the same advice some time ago.Was told they will extend over the current small car park and there will be 2 levels.

Pity they don't have the sense to tell us what plans they have on their web site or some public announcement.

Even which location will handle what would be handy.

john

Drive a D-9 through it and start from scratch.

john

That would make sense as it does seem odd to seperate the services. I'll set the line at 3yrs for refurbishment. Over / under anyone?

I would vote for over. Immigration is bringing a captive audience to Promenada. Would not surprise me if they didn't make a few sheckles on the deal possibly free rent for vacant space. I would also be surprised if under the circumstances that immigration would spend bahts to fix up the airport location. I think that spending money on services for us is the bottom rung of their priority ladder think subs number 1. To be fair as the man says above lets see what 3 years brings(I hope I am still around then) I would be happy if in that period of time they could possibly get the online 90 registration working properly as I could handle 1 trip a year to the new location providing I did not have to try for weeks to get an online queue for my annual renewal. More queue spots and more staff would help fill the breach. With a little imagination and fine tuning immigration could be run out of a telephone booth.

I am also curious as to how the retirement/marriage extension division between the offices will work out. I am on a retirement extension, and was just yesterday able to get the last appointment (1530) on the last day before my extension expires. I don't really like to cut things that close, so may end up using a visa agent this year.

Something that hasn't been talked about much, is how quiet the old office will be. For those of us on marriage, work or student extensions this could be amazing.

My guesstimate is that 70-80% of people at immigration are there for tourist / retirement extensions, re-entrys or 90 day reports. Take these out and the old office will seem like a ghost town.

Something that hasn't been talked about much, is how quiet the old office will be. For those of us on marriage, work or student extensions this could be amazing.

My guesstimate is that 70-80% of people at immigration are there for tourist / retirement extensions, re-entrys or 90 day reports. Take these out and the old office will seem like a ghost town.

Staffed only by the student intern. laugh.png

This is the first thing I thought of when some suggested ext based on marriage would stay at the airport.

That would be a very nice deal for us wink.png

Stay tuned! We might be surprised what actually will (happily) happen. Sorry to be cryptic, but it is not my place to make announcements! Just rumors! biggrin.png

If it wasn't for rumors we would have had no topic at all :)

As I have my July 13 appointment for my annual visa extension by marriage, I'll ask and post regarding if this type of extension will be handled at the new office (sure would make sense).

According to CMI, extension of Visa by marriage remains at the old location by CNX - retirement visa extensions do move to Promenada. Just completed mine yesterday with an online appointment.

Very smooth sailing and I was in and out in about one hour and 10 minutes.

I guess there will be a lot of afternoon appointments at the Promenada so folks can grab a Dukes hamburger before Immigration's 1PM reopen.

As I have my July 13 appointment for my annual visa extension by marriage, I'll ask and post regarding if this type of extension will be handled at the new office (sure would make sense).

According to CMI, extension of Visa by marriage remains at the old location by CNX - retirement visa extensions do move to Promenada. Just completed mine yesterday with an online appointment.

Very smooth sailing and I was in and out in about one hour and 10 minutes.

I guess there will be a lot of afternoon appointments at the Promenada so folks can grab a Dukes hamburger before Immigration's 1PM reopen.

With ref to appointments, GRAB what you can thumbsup.gif

I was by Promenada this morning and it looks like they have moved some furniture into the new location... Nothing setup, just stacked in the middle of the floor and no one around...

I stopped in for a look this afternoon and all the chairs were arranged in nice rows. Looks like they just need to bring in the desks and computers for the staff and they will be ready.

I stopped in for a look this afternoon and all the chairs were arranged in nice rows. Looks like they just need to bring in the desks and computers for the staff and they will be ready.

Nicer chairs than the old location. Should keep the moaning old gits happy.

Nicer chairs than the old location. Should keep the moaning old gits happy.

Yeh they looked great, Lazy Boys for everyone. Individual TVs with headphones too.

Pattaya also needs to open a 2nd immo office more central than the exising jomtien office, but then what was the thai reasoning for opening a office at the furthest point within pattaya, which is and has been to small for the large influx of long stay short stay persons and has been extended on one occasion and seriously needs further work to improve the situation.

I don't blame people for using agents for whatever reason to extend staying in pattaya or anywhere else for that matter if it saves them having to queue for long periods, it's another form of revenue you lose thailand if you increase immo offices so head in the sand as norm.

Pattaya also needs to open a 2nd immo office more central than the exising jomtien office, but then what was the thai reasoning for opening a office at the furthest point within pattaya, which is and has been to small for the large influx of long stay short stay persons and has been extended on one occasion and seriously needs further work to improve the situation.

I don't blame people for using agents for whatever reason to extend staying in pattaya or anywhere else for that matter if it saves them having to queue for long periods, it's another form of revenue you lose thailand if you increase immo offices so head in the sand as norm.

Gives new meaning to the old saying "They are behind the curve" We just had our new office here in CM moved to the boonies. As previously stated if they could make this online 90 reporting work and have a swipe card to use at 7/11 (It was the April fool joke that really made a lot of sense) with all our information on it and pay 7/11 50 bahts to swipe on the annual due date they could run immigration out of a phone booth. Of course in Thailand a maze system is preferred rather than walking a straight line between two points.

According to CMI, extension of Visa by marriage remains at the old location by CNX - retirement visa extensions do move to Promenada.

Thank You for the update

I have no idea what the percentages are regarding married vs retirement extensions but in any case should help both with the lightened/split loads

Look at the picture of the sign stating what services were being moved to the Prom...Retirement,90 days,medical,re-entry & tourist

I cannot think of anything else that will be left at the airport except marriage based ext & maybe Education? Can anyone else?

I was by Promenada this morning and it looks like they have moved some furniture into the new location... Nothing setup, just stacked in the middle of the floor and no one around...

Where is the new Imm. office located within the Promenada complex?

Same building as Rimping, or the other building?

What floor?

Please share.

Look at the picture of the sign stating what services were being moved to the Prom...Retirement,90 days,medical,re-entry & tourist

I cannot think of anything else that will be left at the airport except marriage based ext & maybe Education? Can anyone else?

Any extensions work based including teachers.

What floor?

Please share.

Ground floor, Building A. See previous map in this topic.

What floor?

Please share.

Ground floor, Building A. See previous map in this topic.

BarnicaleBob

Did it look like there was going to be more room for desks. Also is the waiting area bigger. I know they are not doing every thing there so was wondering if they would make it roomier.

Any extensions work based including teachers.

what about extension 60 days for thai child , stil at airport or promenada ? i got online meeting in september

Archived