New Immigration Office

Tywais

As I have my July 13 appointment for my annual visa extension by marriage, I'll ask and post regarding if this type of extension will be handled at the new office (sure would make sense).

According to CMI, extension of Visa by marriage remains at the old location by CNX - retirement visa extensions do move to Promenada. Just completed mine yesterday with an online appointment.

Very smooth sailing and I was in and out in about one hour and 10 minutes.

I guess there will be a lot of afternoon appointments at the Promenada so folks can grab a Dukes hamburger before Immigration's 1PM reopen.

With ref to appointments, GRAB what you can thumbsup.gif

They are going to have to modify their appointment system if they have two locations; or they take the easy way out and just disable the appointment system altogether instead of upgrading it. Hate to be cynical, but a lifetime of reality smacking me in the face year after year tends to mold you. Again, I'm not a pessimist; I'm a realist. There is a difference.

If something doesn't work, I'll point it out. If something works well, I'll give it kudos and accolades.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote It is unclear if the current location will continue to accept 90-day reports submitted in person or by post Unquote. If anyone can clear this statement up it would be appreciated by me as I do not want to make the trip to the new location for my 90 day report because of distance and the online system does not work. My deadline for mailing this report is next week. One would think that if they mailed it to the old address it would be forwarded to the new address as they must be couriering information back and forth but I have learned here never take things for granted. I have the address for Promenada mall and if I mail it there will they get it.

Thanks

As I have my July 13 appointment for my annual visa extension by marriage, I'll ask and post regarding if this type of extension will be handled at the new office (sure would make sense).

According to CMI, extension of Visa by marriage remains at the old location by CNX - retirement visa extensions do move to Promenada. Just completed mine yesterday with an online appointment.

Very smooth sailing and I was in and out in about one hour and 10 minutes.

I guess there will be a lot of afternoon appointments at the Promenada so folks can grab a Dukes hamburger before Immigration's 1PM reopen.

They are going to have to modify their appointment system if they have two locations; or they take the easy way out and just disable the appointment system altogether instead of upgrading it. Hate to be cynical, but a lifetime of reality smacking me in the face year after year tends to mold you. Again, I'm not a pessimist; I'm a realist. There is a difference.

If something doesn't work, I'll point it out. If something works well, I'll give it kudos and accolades.

The sad thing about aging (especially in the madcap world we live in today) is that it has a tendency to drive you into the pessimist camp especially after ones face turns raw from the smacking. I like your post a good balanced presentation refreshing. A gentleman in today's world is hard to find there are darn few of us left. Tywais is a gentleman for sure a selfless giver and he deserves our thanks for keeping us on track.

Does anyone have a clue where to mail the 90 day report after July 20th, which is exactly the day I need to mail mine out???

Also, doesn't some 'connected' expats within Chiang Mai have access to the Chief of Chiang Mai immigration? Isn't it about time to get some solid, well-explained, detailed information about the move - and - any changes to the immigration procedures that will effect expats here in Chiang Mai.

Quote It is unclear if the current location will continue to accept 90-day reports submitted in person or by post Unquote. If anyone can clear this statement up it would be appreciated by me as I do not want to make the trip to the new location for my 90 day report because of distance and the online system does not work. My deadline for mailing this report is next week. One would think that if they mailed it to the old address it would be forwarded to the new address as they must be couriering information back and forth but I have learned here never take things for granted. I have the address for Promenada mall and if I mail it there will they get it.

Thanks

I did send mine to the old address on the afternoon of 13th and it arrived on morning of the 14th with EMS showing the signature of the recipient. Hopefully when the office opens on Monday someone will ask if the old address will be valid indefinitely or not.

Does anyone have a clue where to mail the 90 day report after July 20th, which is exactly the day I need to mail mine out???

Also, doesn't some 'connected' expats within Chiang Mai have access to the Chief of Chiang Mai immigration? Isn't it about time to get some solid, well-explained, detailed information about the move - and - any changes to the immigration procedures that will effect expats here in Chiang Mai.

Put on your hard hat the monkeys will come out of the trees soon throwing bananas at you on this one. Your asking for things to make sense forget it I have banged my head against this wall before all you get is a headache. This is Thailand love it or leave it is about all your going to get. The powers that be have basked in the sunshine to long here doing nothing but collecting tourist dollars. Maybe the drought is a blessing in disguise as they might finally have to get off of their keisters and do something. The drought has sure put them on a learning curve. After we have run through all the reading chicken entrails ideas maybe something concrete will happen.

Thanks

Mail a copy to both.

The sad thing about aging (especially in the madcap world we live in today) is that it has a tendency to drive you into the pessimist camp especially after ones face turns raw from the smacking. I like your post a good balanced presentation refreshing. A gentleman in today's world is hard to find there are darn few of us left. Tywais is a gentleman for sure a selfless giver and he deserves our thanks for keeping us on track.

Why would they have to modify their appointment system? Just change the location. It would how ever be nice if they made it more available.

Why would they have to modify their appointment system? Just change the location. It would how ever be nice if they made it more available.

The issue, at the moment,is it appears some annual extensions, retirement, are in the new office and the rest at the old office. I guess it would work alright now that I think of it. Make the online queue and go to the office serving your specific extension request and hope that the queue information is passed to either both offices or at least to the correct one. Still an unknown that hopefully will be clear in a week or so of their opening.

The issue, at the moment,is it appears some annual extensions, retirement, are in the new office and the rest at the old office. I guess it would work alright now that I think of it. Make the online queue and go to the office serving your specific extension request and hope that the queue information is passed to either both offices or at least to the correct one. Still an unknown that hopefully will be clear in a week or so of their opening.

One would hope that they would now open 10 slots for each location rather than 10 total for two locations.

Hopefully :)

Anyone notice the English version of Chiangmai Imm website is now in Thai?

http://chiangmaiimm.com/en.html

Address is correct as it shows en.html but it is showing the th.html

Maybe/hopefully just temporary

Edit: Actually none of the other languages are working either so maybe they are working on site?

Been like that for a long time actually as I check them out once or twice a week to see if they actually will update their news or any useful changes. What also would be useful if they actually had a working 'Questions are answered' section. Can't even sign up for it. They have one topic with last post in it dated 2013.

Edit: Actually none of the other languages are working either so maybe they are working on site?

Been like that for a long time actually as I check them out once or twice a week to see if they actually will update their news or any useful changes. What also would be useful if they actually had a working 'Questions are answered' section. Can't even sign up for it. They have one topic with last post in it dated 2013.

No English translation but they list Vietnam twice. I guess they trying to tell us something?

Thanks

I did send mine to the old address on the afternoon of 13th and it arrived on morning of the 14th with EMS showing the signature of the recipient. Hopefully when the office opens on Monday someone will ask if the old address will be valid indefinitely or not.

Lol, well there is nothing like being the canary in the coal mine. laugh.png I'm sending mine tomorrow from Chiang Mai Post Office, which means it should show up on the 20th or 21st. If I get a signature, all's good. If it's rejected, we'll know the score! I'll follow-up on this comment next week when I get the EMS tracking info back. At a minimum, we'll know if the old address is still valid for accepting 90 day EMS.

Now, what they do with them if they accept them????? Anybodies guess. whistling.gif

Put on your hard hat the monkeys will come out of the trees soon throwing bananas at you on this one. Your asking for things to make sense forget it I have banged my head against this wall before all you get is a headache. This is Thailand love it or leave it is about all your going to get. The powers that be have basked in the sunshine to long here doing nothing but collecting tourist dollars. Maybe the drought is a blessing in disguise as they might finally have to get off of their keisters and do something. The drought has sure put them on a learning curve. After we have run through all the reading chicken entrails ideas maybe something concrete will happen.

elgordo38,

Man, I love your posts. You make me look like an optimist. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, everything is in Thai, but this is the address they give in Thai which is the old address. Now, will that change on July 20th? One can only imagine. biggrin.png

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่

71 หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50200

โทรศัพท์: 053-201755-6

แฟกซ์: 053-277510

It's good of them to put transport on to the correct location. Free or not, it's a good idea, and certainly not what I expected.

Good on them. I think they deserve some credit for doing this.

It's good of them to put transport on to the correct location. Free or not, it's a good idea, and certainly not what I expected.

Look a couple of posts and the first old git has already had a moan about it.

Will they be issuing queue tickets at the bus stop? If not, all slots will be taken by the time folk get to Prom.

Queue tickets will be phased out within 100 days. The new set up will be fast and efficient so they will not be needed. You just get a ticket when you arrive, guaranteed to complete service within 4 hours, if not a free meal voucher for Dukes will be provided.

Look a couple of posts and the first old git has already had a moan about it.

I'm not old & I'm not moaning. Just having a laugh you miserable git.

Will they be issuing queue tickets at the bus stop? If not, all slots will be taken by the time folk get to Prom.

Considering the absolute lack of any credible information issued by CM Immigration, it's gonna be a real hoot to see how thing transpire between Monday to Wednesday. We ought to see about a quadrupling of posts (all good I'm sure Lol).

Well, it is mushroom season. Keep the farangs in the dark, feed them next to nothing other than the absolutely minimal SOS, and see if they grow at all, not that it matters. This must be just a thrill for the more sadistic types embedded in the Thai bureaucracy. Really! what is it: Overt sadism or totally, utter incompetence. From a project management perspective, what PM team keeps their target customers completely uninformed? Scope, schedule, budget. Obviously robust documentation was either out of scope or not budgeted. How does this country even manage to function. Let me guess: Foreign corporate investors bring in their own management teams. Yeah!

/parody on

Project Management in Thailand: Essential Concepts Test

In a medium project, which is the most important element for successful project implementation?

A. Budget

B. Scope

C. Schedule

D. Saving face

Correct answer: D

/parody off

Queue tickets will be phased out within 100 days. The new set up will be fast and efficient so they will not be needed. You just get a ticket when you arrive, guaranteed to complete service within 4 hours, if not a free meal voucher for Dukes will be provided.

Check the calendar...nope! Not April 1st. Really? If so, I may be dancing the hula there next July 4th, 2016. Lol

Just got my receipt back in the mail this morning (17th). It was signed at 16:07 on the 14th. About the same turn around time as the last times I've done it.

Just got my receipt back in the mail this morning (17th). It was signed at 16:07 on the 14th. About the same turn around time as the last times I've done it.

Exactly the same time as the last two that I've mailed in. Posted by me on day 1, received and processed on day 2, mailed back to me on day 3, and I received it in the mail on day 4.

Archived