4 dead, 30 injured in tram accident at Khon Kaen zoo

Lite Beer

I'm sick of people calling any criticism of the pathetic safety standards in this country racist.

Here's an idea....just fix the problem. Its like the US and their gun issue...so more people die at he hands of morons with guns in your own country than in any war but just work around the real problem.

More people die in vehicular "accidents" every year than 10 years in the southern "war". And its just accepted.

Every day I drive here I see an idiot nearly cause loss of life because he just has to get ahead of everyone else....leave 15 minutes earlier if it is that important you moron.

There seems to be no conception of the type of devastation caused in high speed collisions.

Maybe it would be a good idea to show road accident bodies instead of skin whitenining commercials on those nightly soap operas. Maybe the women can get their men to understand the consequended.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Failed brakes are said to be cause of the accident,

Nothing to do with excessive speed then?

They really can't take responsibility for anything, can they.

coffee1.gif

Disgusting cultural trait.

Of course nothing to do with lack of maintenance. The vehicle was made by Falang country. Not high Thai quality.

That's what a car can look like after some, doing 140 km/h overturns. Found the original photos of may accident in Germany, right opposite the local cemetery, only 450 meters away from the main hospital and 900 maters away from my house.

Isn't that freaking crazy, a sort of "My private Wheel of Life like in Nong Khai, made by the Burmese monk, a while ago. Wow, the whee of life is a must see. All the steps from birth until kicking the bucket

P.S. The photos are in a frame and not of best quality. Just found out that I brought them to Thailand many many moons ago, They even survived a flood. I apologize.

Let's all help that the injured kid and all included will get the right help and will fully recover in a short period if time.

Makes me sad to think about them in the hospital. OMG.........

Sorry, Mods. I thought it's worth to show what can happen when you fix your brakes alone to save money, or how Thai mechanics usually fix stuff.

post-158336-0-84518300-1436197244_thumb.

post-158336-0-82588500-1436197281_thumb.

post-158336-0-95977900-1436199333_thumb.

coffee1.gif

Brakes can indeed fail. Not just in this country. Tires blow and many other technical problems are causing accidents worldwide.

It seems that the driver had some issues with the brakes and crashed into another tram.I don't think that such an accident is wanted.

He stated among the tram’s motorists lost control because of an issue with the vehicle’s brakes and crashed in to the tram in-front, leading to both to overturn.

Source:

http://archynews.com/zoo-tram-accident-in-northeastern-thailand-kills-4-people/

Two trams in convoy have a crash because the "brakes failed" hmmmmm do we believe, I think not because we are not stupid. Of course they were racing and the passengers left alive will confirm that.

Now for the brakes :- Modern vehicle, I do not believe.

coffee1.gif

I know such "park trams" from Europe.

The will not go much faster than an average bicycle rider,

5 killed and 30 injured.

Must have sped like mad.

The European park is probably on a flat surface.

Apparently the zoo in Khon Kaen is hilly. Thus gravity... the force that pulls objects down a hill (and towards the center of the Earth)... could have sped up the tram considerably. And without the assist of the brakes to slow the tram down... it's easy to imagine it T-boning another tram, or even hitting a tree or a wall.

Gravity sucks.

5 dead apparently

Ive seen that "Brakes Failed" nonsense on many an accident report

The Brakes wont work and stop you in time is you are travelling faster that you should be. I hate the carnage these people cause through sheer ignorance and 3rd world mentality

I read nothing about excessive speed yet YOU mention it. Were you there ?

Well its pretty obvious isnt it ,if you don't stop in time you are going to fast , Complete brake failures seem to be very common in Thailand. Go and pick holes somewhere else , hasn't your missus done any cooking you can criticize, bet you're a right Barrel of laughs

I have only just started to follow this topic because it upsets me to see children get hurt or die

because of other peoples stupidity.

I had a very bad accident back in 1961, my Father was killed (driver) and I spent 3 months in hospital

so I know what car accidents can do.

I have said it before & I will say it again it scares the sh1t out of me driving in Thailand.

The biggest problem is no driver education & the Thai attitude of me,me, me, me first.

I think Thailand is really number one for road deaths in the world because they only count the ones killed at the scene of the accident, not the one that die on their way to hospital or a few days later.............Once again the Government trying to cover up the gross negligence.

RiP to the people that died in this accident and a fast recovery to the ones that were injured.

Jeeze, zoo's are becoming dangerous places, a Chinese tourist was killed on a faulty zip line at CM zoo last week or so.

Any place with a Thai driver behind the wheel is dangerous, brakes failed my @ss.

i live about 4 or 5 km from the zoo, haven't been up for about 4 years, though. (close enough to hear the lions roaring...likely feeding time...on most quiet mornings if i'm up early enough.)

g/f said now 7 dead (the village rumor) and that the guy driving was not the regular driver and that he was heavy on the grog the night prior. (the village rumor)

just a sad situation all around....

i live about 4 or 5 km from the zoo, haven't been up for about 4 years, though. (close enough to hear the lions roaring...likely feeding time...on most quiet mornings if i'm up early enough.)

g/f said now 7 dead (the village rumor) and that the guy driving was not the regular driver and that he was heavy on the grog the night prior. (the village rumor)

just a sad situation all around....

The accident or listening to village rumours?

Archived