What number is displayed when calling UK with Skype or Viber?

torrow

I want to call some landlines in the UK with either Skype (buy credit) or Viber out. What phone number, if any, will my contacts see when I call them from Thailand? My Viber is registered to my UK mobile number and I'm sure Skype had an option once to set the number for caller display.

The reason I want to do this is, I have a 'gold' UK mobile number which people recognize whereas an unknown Thai number may be ignored as a potential scam.

So have you tried Skype from Thailand before?

Unfortunately Thailand's crazy libel laws do not allow me to go further ......

Maybe I'm missing something here but I'm using the free Skype to Skype all the time on both desktop and mobile without issue. I've never ventured into buying credit and calling landlines though; please tell.

When I initially installed Viber, it was registered whilst I was in Cambodia using a Cambodian Sim Card. When I call the UK, USA or Thailand using Viber Out, it displays my now defunct Cambodian Cell/Mobile # on the receiving partys equipment. Even though I am calling from my phone with its now Thai Sim in it.

When I initially installed Viber, it was registered whilst I was in Cambodia using a Cambodian Sim Card. When I call the UK, USA or Thailand using Viber Out, it displays my now defunct Cambodian Cell/Mobile # on the receiving partys equipment. Even though I am calling from my phone with its now Thai Sim in it.

Thanks, that kinda answers my question. What's the call quality like to UK landlines please?

Call quality of every call I have made using Viber Out has been excellent. I switched from buying Skype credit due to their horrible call quality and high pricing when using a UK credit card as opposed to much lower pricing when using my VPN and my USA credit card.

Just an FYI, I have found calling contacts via Whatsapp to be very clear, but obviously it's only good for Whatsapp to Whatsapp calls and FREE.

I use Skype to landlines in the UK quite often, credit bought with Thai debit card. Quality is usually excellent, credit is valid for ever, as long as you make at least 1 call every 6 months. I was asked what number I wanted displayed when I created the account, but it only accepted a mobile number not my landline.

Skype normally shows a random number, unless you register your phone number, then it will show that number.

I have Skype on my phone, but have better experience with Line premium call. For calls to Belgium much better quality, especially when weak signal, and cheaper, unless you buy an unlimited plan with Skype.

Also uses only about a third of data for the same call.

Archived