Page Of Remembrance

Gonzo the Face

On 3/25/2022 at 7:57 PM, worgeordie said:

I met Ron at Jack & Tar Bar on Soi6 Pattaya owned by Kiwi Bruce Allport [DCD] & UK Paul-- since changed hands. Ron then came to ChiangMai & started the CM Saloon. Hadnt seen him for a few years.... Sad ending RIP Ron.............

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 3:06 PM, anto said:

RIP ,Used see him many times when i would go for a quiet afternoon drink at the SM Salon next to the UN irish .That was 2018 to early 2019 ,They had happy hour Big Chang B75 .He used zip about on an old Honda wave .He looked early 60s .Kind of young to die .Sounds like it was a quick death ,which is how i would like to go .

I met Ron in 2002 at the CMS and he was in his 60's then I would have thought.

He aged well.

With all the ways to go in Thailand a freak accident takes a long term resident.

RIP Ron

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Used to talk quite frequently with John (Shedrick).  I know he was in the hospital for a while and he said that his cancer had spread.  Didn't sound good and then he was gone  RIP friend John.

Gonzo 

Edited by ThePunPun
Spelling

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 10:40 PM, malcy said:

Just heard that Maurice Weber of true blue has passed away , i have no more details at this point RIP great bloke .

Any more info on Maurice?  Knew him back in the days when he had the True Blue.

• 1 month later...

Nat Hix passed away last December.

Nat was a true gentleman, a former FBI employee, a cigar aficionado, and was involved in some regard with the CM Gate Theater group (kinda fuzzy on that one.)  One of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet with a terrific sense of humor, so sorry to see him leave us.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 11:14 PM, elektrified said:

I just heard that Ron Parker passed this month. He lived here for many years. We were friends years back.

I knew Ron as well.  RIP to an interesting fellow.

• 4 months later...

One of the unfortunate aspects of getting older and is that we tend to leave more and more friends and dear ones in the rear view. I remember talking to my grandmother when she was 98, and she said with the exception of you guys every single person I've ever known in this lifetime is gone. 

• Thumbs Up 1