New Visa Regulation -- The Poll

chanchao

New Visa Regulation -- The Poll  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Poll...

If I forgot options then let me know, I can add them.

I know I left out 'visa on arrival' for citizens of some non-western countries, but as these were only 15 days they were not a feasible way to stay in Thailand long time. Citizens of those countries would have needed other visas (included in the poll) to stay long term.

Edited by chanchao

Have been here for 14 years on one-year extensions with work permit so they have no immediate effect on me. However my concerns are what else will change over the next few years when I decide it is time to retire. That does make me nervous.

Haven't voted due to the circumstance I'm too slow to figure where to put myself ...

The all-embracing "Non Immigrant Visa, incl. extentions, multiple entries, etc" would have sufficed. But since the poll disquinvishes (sorry to the English teachers, this difficulty word probably isn't spelt correct - now you've got the chance to correct me) between this and "1 year work visa (incl work permit)" and "1 year 'other' visa (spouse, education, religion)" ...

Where the heck am I supposed to put myself if I am here on a: "1 year 'other' (spouse) work visa (incl work permit)"

> Haven't voted due to the circumstance I'm too slow to figure where to put myself

Well, pick either. I agree with you that the point of the poll is merely to see what the ratio is between affected and unaffected people, not so much to correctly classify every single case out there. And clearly you are not affected by the new regulations so feel free to pick one as you please.

[ Note though that when applying for that 1 year extention at the immigration office you are likely using one or the other reason to actually apply for that extention: If you find that this one year thing at immigration involves some trips to the labour office and the associated company paper work, copies of diplomas and certificats then I would pick "1 year work visa". If on the other hand the documents submitted relate to your marital status, then pick '1 year 'other' (spouse)'. ]

But if it really is both then feel free to pick either.

Edited by chanchao

> I have to get written permission every time I want to LEAVE the

> Country which costs 1000 Baht a pop.

Technically you don't get permission to leave, you get permission to re-enter on your existing visa. It's called a re-entery permit. :o You can also get a multiple re-entry (unlimited re-entries on the same visa) for 3800 baht. This works best of course with a visa/allowed stay that actually is 1 year continuous without the need to leave every 90 days. Then for 3800 baht you can leave and enter as you please all year long.

Cheers,

Chanchao