Koh Tao Murders: Trial starts tomorrow, July 8th

webfact

Koh Tao Murders: Trial starts tomorrow
By Coconuts Bangkok

kohtao.accused.jpg
Photo: Migrant Workers Rights Network

KOH TAO: -- Prosecutors in the Koh Tao murders trial will present their witnesses for 12 days when the long-awaited trial begins tomorrow.

Ten months after the brutal murders of two Britons on Koh Tao, the trial will get underway at the Koh Samui Court with hearings and cross-examination of witnesses for the prosecution, according to a trial brief prepared by the defense.

In the trial’s beginning hours, the court is expected to finally address an April motion from the defense team asking for an independent review of physical evidence to be presented against Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo, the two Myanmar men accused of murdering tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller this past September.

“A fair trial for Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo is essential to ensure, with more confidence, that those guilty of this crime are held accountable, and that there is no punishment of the wrong people,” Ko Sein Htay, president of the Migrant Workers Rights Network said of their crowd-funded defense team.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/07/koh-tao-murders-trial-starts-tomorrow

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-07

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but there's nothing anyone can say that will convince me that these two "midgets" committed those murders.

Sorry, but there's nothing anyone can say that will convince me that these two strong physical laborers did not commit those murders.

Sorry, but there's nothing anyone can say that will convince me that these two "midgets" committed those murders.

Sorry, but there's nothing anyone can say that will convince me that these two strong physical laborers did not commit those murders.

If you want to make a serious comment please be informed. Did you presume they were laborers because they were Burmese? They worked in bars and dont look very strong to me.

Sorry, but there's nothing anyone can say that will convince me that anyone on TV could possibly have evidence one way or the other. Yes, you can choose to interpret the meager evidence in one direction or another, but at least from what I've seen discussed, there is not obviously solid evidence of anything. But maybe you folks are hiding something from me...

I wonder who these two Burmese guys think killed the Brits. They surely have an idea and they need to start releasing their ideas to the press ASAP.

My mind is not made up yet as the entire matter has been a mess from the start.

I just hope justice is served in this life and the after...

Well this is going to be interesting. Sat on the edge of my seat. The defence have got some help from the ICJ and few things up their sleeves I hope. Let justice prevail that's all I can say. The 2 victims deserve it along with the 4 family's and 2 defendants

Of the two, only one of them is taller than 5'3", both of are slight build, and as Mooner stated, they worked in bars, so they were not "physical laborers".

David was over 6 foot tall, and very good physical condition.

Knife marks on the back of David's head were consistent with knife use by a LEFT HANDED person. Both these boys are RIGHT HANDED.

Police "found" Hanna's cell phone in the bushes behind the room where the two boys stayed. The SAME cell phone that was turned into police the day AFTER the murders, and actually PHOTOGRAPHED sitting on the cops desk.

Supposedly a garden hoe was used by the attackers, but no fingerprints were found on the hoe that would link these two boys.

DNA tests were taken of all Burmese workers, and the DNA of these two boys PASSED the test the first time around.

The son of the Big Man on the island fled the island early the next morning, returning to university, where a number of students observed in with multiple scratches on his arms and hands. He claimed to be at the school at the time of the incident, but records, and witnesses, clearly showed and stated that he wasn't. In other words, he lied out his A$$.

After their arrest, the Big Man on the island gave the police a very handsome "reward" for a "job well done".

Do I need to go on? I'm not stating "opinions" here, but actual facts as reported by various news agencies.

You might have read some of them yourself, but failed to put it all together in your head. Try that sometime. You might be amazed at what you come up with.

If you want to make a serious comment please be informed. Did you presume they were laborers because they were Burmese? They worked in bars and dont look very strong to me.

how many people died by dead sentence or are still on dead row and who are possible innocent, dough they are already found guilty and being convicted by court of law ?

and i am not talking Thailand....

They are accused, so now a prosecutor needs to convince a court of their guilt and they have to defend themselves...

innocent until proven guilty by a court of law...

Of the two, only one of them is taller than 5'3", both of are slight build, and as Mooner stated, they worked in bars, so they were not "physical laborers".

Knife marks on the back of David's head were consistent with knife use by a LEFT HANDED person. Both these boys are RIGHT HANDED.

Police "found" Hanna's cell phone in the bushes behind the room where the two boys stayed. The SAME cell phone that was turned into police the day AFTER the murders, and actually PHOTOGRAPHED sitting on the cops desk.

Supposedly a garden hoe was used by the attackers, but no fingerprints were found on the hoe that would link these two boys.

DNA tests were taken of all Burmese workers, and the DNA of these two boys PASSED the test the first time around.

The son of the Big Man on the island fled the island early the next morning, returning to university, where a number of students observed in with multiple scratches on his arms and hands. He claimed to be at the school at the time of the incident, but records, and witnesses, clearly showed and stated that he wasn't. In other words, he lied out his <deleted>.

After their arrest, the Big Man on the island gave the police a very handsome "reward" for a "job well done".

Do I need to go on? I'm not stating "opinions" here, but actual facts as reported by various news agencies.

You might have read some of them yourself, but failed to put it all together in your head. Try that sometime. You might be amazed at what you come up with.

you are not stating facts, only spreading "hear say"

The son of the Big Man on the island fled the island early the next morning, returning to university, where a number of students observed in with multiple scratches on his arms and hands. He claimed to be at the school at the time of the incident, but records, and witnesses, clearly showed and stated that he wasn't. In other words, he lied out his <deleted>.

No, you are not stating opinions, or facts for that matter, you are simply parroting an assortment of social media speculation and misinformation.

"Knife marks on the back of David's head were consistent with knife use by a LEFT HANDED person. Both these boys are RIGHT HANDED."

Are you a trained pathologist to make that call? I am not, but I saw the photos and the cut on the side of his head was the result of a glancing blow that scalped the area around the cut, definitely not the work of a knife.

"Police "found" Hanna's cell phone in the bushes behind the room where the two boys stayed. The SAME cell phone that was turned into police the day AFTER the murders, and actually PHOTOGRAPHED sitting on the cops desk."

The phone was not Hanna's at any point, it was always identified as the same brand, model and colour (different from Hanna's) as David Miller's phone, furthermore the two men on trial have already admitted in court of having that phone since the day of the murders, plus two other witnesses confirmed it.

"Supposedly a garden hoe was used by the attackers, but no fingerprints were found on the hoe that would link these two boys."

How do you know there are no fingerprints from them? All the police said at the time was that other people handled the hoe so they couldn't use fingerprints to establish who used it as a weapon.

"DNA tests were taken of all Burmese workers, and the DNA of these two boys PASSED the test the first time around."

The old chestnut... :rolleyes: It was false the first time, it was false the second time and it's been false every other time, there is absolutely no report that the two men on trial passed a DNA test before their arrest, none, zilch, nada. This is nothing than inbred speculation from social media armchair detectives.

"The son of the Big Man on the island fled the island early the next morning, returning to university, where a number of students observed in with multiple scratches on his arms and hands. He claimed to be at the school at the time of the incident, but records, and witnesses, clearly showed and stated that he wasn't. In other words, he lied out his <deleted>."

This is all, again, founded on inbred social media speculation. and completely false. There's both CCTV footage and university documents proving he was in Bangkok at the time of the murders.

"After their arrest, the Big Man on the island gave the police a very handsome "reward" for a "job well done"."

More rumor mongering coming out from social media...

"Do I need to go on? I'm not stating "opinions" here, but actual facts as reported by various news agencies."

Well, can you provide a link to any report from news agencies in support for any of your "facts"?

I cannot understand what kind of human would commit a crime like this and allow some innocent persons to pay the price for it. If police take bribes for covering up a crime, then they are worst than the lowest scum. Citizens need to respect the law and those who are supposed to enforce it. For policemen to take a bribe and allow an innocent person to suffer, then this is not the kind of law enforcement any country needs.

I am not saying that any of those things did happen , particularly in this case: However, if they did happen, then this is very disturbing.

The World will be watching when this charade starts ...

Meanwhile the real murderer(s) are enjoying a Cold one in a cool bar on Death Island - Welcome ...

Sorry JL, the world will be watching the crisis in Greece, China and the continuing bloodshed in The Middle East with ISIS.

A few interested people will follow this story.

No, you are not stating opinions, or facts for that matter, you are simply parroting an assortment of social media speculation and misinformation.

"Knife marks on the back of David's head were consistent with knife use by a LEFT HANDED person. Both these boys are RIGHT HANDED."

Are you a trained pathologist to make that call? I am not, but I saw the photos and the cut on the side of his head was the result of a glancing blow that scalped the area around the cut, definitely not the work of a knife.

"Police "found" Hanna's cell phone in the bushes behind the room where the two boys stayed. The SAME cell phone that was turned into police the day AFTER the murders, and actually PHOTOGRAPHED sitting on the cops desk."

The phone was not Hanna's at any point, it was always identified as the same brand, model and colour (different from Hanna's) as David Miller's phone, furthermore the two men on trial have already admitted in court of having that phone since the day of the murders, plus two other witnesses confirmed it.

"Supposedly a garden hoe was used by the attackers, but no fingerprints were found on the hoe that would link these two boys."

How do you know there are no fingerprints from them? All the police said at the time was that other people handled the hoe so they couldn't use fingerprints to establish who used it as a weapon.

"DNA tests were taken of all Burmese workers, and the DNA of these two boys PASSED the test the first time around."

The old chestnut... :rolleyes: It was false the first time, it was false the second time and it's been false every other time, there is absolutely no report that the two men on trial passed a DNA test before their arrest, none, zilch, nada. This is nothing than inbred speculation from social media armchair detectives.

"The son of the Big Man on the island fled the island early the next morning, returning to university, where a number of students observed in with multiple scratches on his arms and hands. He claimed to be at the school at the time of the incident, but records, and witnesses, clearly showed and stated that he wasn't. In other words, he lied out his <deleted>."

This is all, again, founded on inbred social media speculation. and completely false. There's both CCTV footage and university documents proving he was in Bangkok at the time of the murders.

"After their arrest, the Big Man on the island gave the police a very handsome "reward" for a "job well done"."

"Do I need to go on? I'm not stating "opinions" here, but actual facts as reported by various news agencies."

Well, can you provide a link to any report from news agencies in support for any of your "facts"?

It must be great being you!,privy to all the incriminating evidence!....were you there?............Also to able to dismiss all reasonable doubts regarding the innocence of the Burmese two

Thank you. You have stated facts that are known all over the world, but have essentially been erased from the press here, as there is little freedom of the press. Most know these poor guys are innocent. More than likely the judge knows that too. Let us hope it is something that resembles a fair trial, and not an absolute monkey court. Let us hope that for Thailand's sake. It's reputation is on the line. It has suffered alot of negative press lately, alot of it justified. Let us hope the big man has enough common sense and reason to make sure the trial is fair. Though, I have my doubts. I honestly believe the truth is known at the highest levels and you have stated some sad, but true facts about this "case".

The old chestnut... rolleyes.gif It was false the first time, it was false the second time and it's been false every other time, there is absolutely no report that the two men on trial passed a DNA test before their arrest, none, zilch, nada. This is nothing than inbred speculation from social media armchair detectives.

It must be great being you!,privy to all the incriminating evidence!....were you there?............Also to able to dismiss all reasonable doubts regarding the innocence of the Burmese two

I'm not privy to all the incriminating evidence, I am privy to the public record regarding this case and reputable sources don't support any of Just1Voice "facts".

Hannah Witheridge and David Miller deserve better than people peddling such "facts" interfere with the course of justice.

I cannot understand what kind of human would commit a crime like this and allow some innocent persons to pay the price for it. If police take bribes for covering up a crime, then they are worst than the lowest scum. Citizens need to respect the law and those who are supposed to enforce it. For policemen to take a bribe and allow an innocent person to suffer, then this is not the kind of law enforcement any country needs.

I am not saying that any of those things did happen , particularly in this case: However, if they did happen, then this is very disturbing.

welcome to thailand

Thankfully the trial begins.

The 2 Burmese defendants get their chance to present a defense.

The prosecution gets to making its case.

The judges will decide on the merits. Then likely it'll go on to an appeals court.

My 3 scenarios:

1. The 2 accused are guilty of the crimes as charged.

2. The person(s) everybody knows who really did it did it.

3. The crimes were committed by fellow travelers who calmly left the island the next morning before exit from the island was blocked.

Great job AleG....a great summary of the information in this matter instead of the idiot spouting "hearsay" as you rightly stated.

The problem with the conspiracy theorists is thst they will never believe these two did the deed...no matter what the judges decide.

Give a 14 year old a hoe and a surprise attack on the back of your head and tell me the kid could not have killed someone...really stupid people out there. No one knows how it really went down in those moments of life and death except the victims and the two on trial.

That's my opinion. Let the court decide.

The old chestnut... rolleyes.gif It was false the first time, it was false the second time and it's been false every other time, there is absolutely no report that the two men on trial passed a DNA test before their arrest, none, zilch, nada. This is nothing than inbred speculation from social media armchair detectives.

Bravo AleG! A Job well done and truly stated. Nice to know there is at least one other guy here that actually reads the news and not just Hear Say or the Gossip Columns.

I find it so interesting when somebody else here also keeps repeating and bringing this part up over and over again. "DNA tests were taken of all Burmese workers, and the DNA of these two boys PASSED the test the first time around."

The Rape & Murders occurred on September 15th, 2014. Burmese Workers, which I believe included the 2 accused men, were all rounded September 16th, were questioned by the Police, DNA Samples collected, and then all of them released due to lack of evidence. Within the first few days over 200 DNA Sample were collect from various people on the island.

But what I find strange is that foreign DNA found inside Hannah wasn't confirmed until at least September 18th, and at least 2 days after everyone keeps saying the 2 boys passed the DNA Test first time around. They did not even know for sure Hannah was Raped and Sodomized until then. So I for one would sure like to know how the 2 accused passed the DNA Test when they didn't even have Hannah's DNA Sample to match it to yet.

Frankly, the evidence I am interested in seeing is what New Scotland Yard has as a result of their investigation and interrogations. I really don't have any idea what happened- so much speculation . However . there have been many high profile cases in Thailand which have remained unsolved , not adequately investigated or simply never heard of again. Google Sherry Ann Duncan and read about 'justice'. I will withhold judgement on this case. I better stop hear lest I say something I may later regret.

I do hope they give these boys a fair crack of the whip I don't believe they are guilty I never did the police in my opinion didn't do their homework did they try to find the two supposedly friends of david who disappeared shortly after the murders I don't think so did they do a check on the boys backgrounds I don't think so the police wanted scapegoats and these poor unfortunate boys fitted the bill.

Archived