American woman (teacher) mugged in Songklah.

Seastallion

I have read that a female American was badly hurt in a mugging in Songklah recently. This is hearsay amongst Hatyai/Songklah teachers.

I can't find any reported news of it, but of course it is of great concern. Has anyone seen a news report, or heard first-hand about this worrying event?

Yes, there was a mention on a Facebook group about it .. details are a little hazy, but true. Yes, an American girl. I can't find the post now. but from memory.

The girl was pulled off her bike, by a guy who had been following her around. She has been hurt pretty bad, a broken bone in her eye socket and is returning the the US. Her phone and purse were found close by.

I apologise for any inaccuracy in the post, maybe someone else can confirm or deny.

Probably her own fault.

Was she in a bikini?

She was on her way to a beach bonfire, which apparently is some sort of regular casual event on Samila Beach. She's a friend, and a wonderful woman. Not knowing anything about it, as you obviously don't, why would you want to say something so ignorant and offensive?

Archived