Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

The head RTP man was heard to say, "It was 100% Miller's phone we found behind the Burmese room, and we know this 100% because we put it there.

Now will you do gooders bugger off and allow us to kill these pesky Burmese".

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am almost certain that the initial DNA tests were not performed in Thailand I think Singapore The story seems to change as it goes along

Reports since last Sept have said testing has been carried out by the Police Forensic Institute in Bangkok.

OK!

Since my first Post to this was BLOCKED! I will try to reword it.....

"Was not the original DNA Testing done in Singapore???"

Why and how did the Thai Police get credit and under what Authority were they even Authorized?

Does it not take 24 hrs for Lab's to complete each test of each DNA Sample for a correct comparison?

I do not know a any Country in the World where "B.S. doesn't Stink" Manure is a smelly substance regardless of where it came from....

Yes it was... Because Equipment in Thailand at the time was Broken! I will answer this myself so I don't get trolled and subject get smothered and changed!

I'm not allowed to post a link to it but the 30th Sept, 2014 edition of the Bangkok Post quotes the head of the RTP's own forensic unit in Bangkok saying that they were doing their own testing.

Miller had two phones, one his regular iPhone (the one allegedly taken by the men on trial) and a cheaper phone that he could actually use while in Thailand since the iPhone was blocked; that's the one found at the beach.

This has been known for a long time already.

First I've heard of a phone being found on the beach, its also not in any crime scene photos, can you provide a link to the "thats the one found on the beach" statement? Because you seem to know more than the RTP He failed to confirm whether the mobile phone and SIM card found on the beach belonged to Mr Miller

Sure, I'll give you a link:

"The distraught family of murdered Brit backpacker Hannah Witheridge last night “begged” for horrific pictures of her corpse to be removed from the internet.

Our family have been further traumatised by reports that there are numerous unnecessary and senseless photographs circulating across the Internet.

We beg that Hannah and David are afforded privacy and dignity through the removal of these pointless and insensitive reminders."

Miller had two phones, one his regular iPhone (the one allegedly taken by the men on trial) and a cheaper phone that he could actually use while in Thailand since the iPhone was blocked; that's the one found at the beach.

First I've heard of a phone being found on the beach, its also not in any crime scene photos, can you provide a link to the "thats the one found on the beach" statement? Because you seem to know more than the RTP He failed to confirm whether the mobile phone and SIM card found on the beach belonged to Mr Miller

"The distraught family of murdered Brit backpacker Hannah Witheridge last night “begged” for horrific pictures of her corpse to be removed from the internet.

Our family have been further traumatised by reports that there are numerous unnecessary and senseless photographs circulating across the Internet.

We beg that Hannah and David are afforded privacy and dignity through the removal of these pointless and insensitive reminders."

your responding to the wrong post, obviously you don't have a link then, perhaps you better look for one or be honest and say there is no link to that because its never been reported

"The distraught family of murdered Brit backpacker Hannah Witheridge last night begged for horrific pictures of her corpse to be removed from the internet.

I really wish sites wouldn't host photos this disturbing, and this far ahead of an actual trial, but here the images have been one of the only pieces missed by the KT clean up mob.

Nobody wants to see a friend or loved ones brutalized remains.. And normally they wouldn't have to.. As we all know, TIT..

I long for the real killers to be executed. No matter who they are.

The unknown whereabouts of nom sods dna according to what was said in court as reported in the daily mail is just another example of gross police incompetence.It would seem the police would rather be seen as bumbling idiots rather than criminals. My hunch is that it has been conveniently misplaced for fear that a retest might bring up some unwanted surprises.

On a side note I read some comments made by Heidi Ana an associate of Andy Hall on Facebook in wich she states that things are going to get worse for the RTP,TAT and prosecution and the case is about to get even more ridiculous. The way things are looking I'm more hopeful that eventually we will find out roughly what happened and the parents can get justice.

going to try and make this my last comment today on this thread

My mind keeps going back to the "running man" cctv and how it is definitely not any of the accused and I am 100% sure of that - body and clothing do not match and no wristbands.

It is also an extreme likeness for Nomsod in so many ways

I'll bet the transferred cop is being cursed every day for releasing that footage to the public otherwise I honestly don't believe we'd ever have seen it

That is an accusation you base upon a very poor cctv image . I can point at 100's of boys that would match nomsod. Over and over again , we hear about nomsod but the boy was not on the island. What about all the other guys that was on the island. Thais, Burmese, and Asian tourists that could also match the cctv footage. The problem is that you're stuck with nomsod because theres no other names to pick .

Ali g "Miller had two phones, one his regular iPhone (the one allegedly taken by the men on trial) and a cheaper phone that he could actually use while in Thailand since the iPhone was blocked; that's the one found at the beach.
This has been known for a long time already."

Any iPhone in 2014 could have a burner sim, a unregistered 7-11 sim... I have no idea about his phone status, but any iPhone could receive a temporary data/call package from 7-11.

With all respect, not trying to be disrespectful.

Chetzee ....... and talking about disrespect ALe G what is it with you that you choose to be so impersonal by using just Miller to discribe a young man beaten to death .

smacks of second rate private school , the militarty or shere ignorance .....

your responding to the wrong post, obviously you don't have a link then, perhaps you better look for one or be honest and say there is no link to that because its never been reported

I think these links are spy links, meaning if you click them it shows where you are posting from.

This is an old trick that has been used before by the RTP's people.

I must congratulate the 2 men on trial for the brotherhood they have shown since being rounded up and turned into goat's.

They have never turned on each other or one try to blame the other for what has happened to them.

They have shown far from being boys they are proper men. Men of whom their families can be proud. Unlike several posters on here who's families would likely disown them if they realized what they were doing.

My mind keeps going back to the "running man" cctv and how it is definitely not any of the accused and I am 100% sure of that - body and clothing do not match and no wristbands.

I'll bet the transferred cop is being cursed every day for releasing that footage to the public otherwise I honestly don't believe we'd ever have seen it

That is an accusation you base upon a very poor cctv image . I can point at 100's of boys that would match nomsod. Over and over again , we hear about nomsod but the boy was not on the island. What about all the other guys that was on the island. Thais, Burmese, and Asian tourists that could also match the cctv footage. The problem is that you're stuck with nomsod because theres no other names to pick .

well if the cap fits ! know what i mean

and while your digging out that link Ali G , give jtj a nudge about the Panya quote he's looking for !

So, IF the accused are found guilty they will be handed down the death sentence - at least that's what we hear, read and was also mentioned yesterday in "Deutsche Welle's" (Germany's voice to the world) main news block.

Just in on a German news tickers (http://www.wochenblitz.com/nachrichten/65996) today:

A Thai male, who raped ten (10) girls (minors) and murdered four (4) of them, got sentenced for life yesterday for the rape and murder of a four-year old in February 2013 in the province of Loei.

The court had solid proof of the case and found the accused guilty as charged in all points. The 38-year old man "Khun Nui" already had received a sentence in December 2013 for the rape and murder of a six-year old. The rape/murder took place in Samut Prakarns Sukhumvit Road Soi 105 (Soi Lasalle). At that time Bangkok's police chief Kamronwit Thoopkrajang explained the press, that said girl was the youngest victim of a total of ten minors since 2008. Nui admitted having searched for one victim per month. He had killed two kids in Loei and another in Bangkok's district of Bang Bon. Six of his victims survived.

The same media reported earlier on the very same case (http://www.wochenblitz.com/nachrichten/46402) with full details of the rape and murder.

The relevance to the Koh Tao case is, that the entire world is watching on how this possibly very heavily tainted case is getting dealt with. Here they talk about mandatory death sentence and, irrespective of outcome, millions of people wonder what really happened at that night on Koh Tao and it might have become simply impossible for the courts to figure that one out. A mistrial might be the court's only way out and also secure the image of the courts; the police' image on how they handle(d) the case tainted their image beyond reasonable doubt already.

All the while a very, very, very sick man is locked up in jail - again - for the rape of murder of kids and possibly will be handed down a pardon whenever pardons are handed out again. If you have death penalties, then apply these appropriately across the board, if you have evidence enough (as seems the case with this monster). Quite obviously not the same court/judge/jury.

If you have a mistrial (and Koh Tao might be a prime example for the court) then .......... The scape goat though is not identified yet!

I thought " No Thai could ever commit such a crime"

Sickening stuff really. Would be a laughable comment if it weren't so sick.

PM must be very proud having jails which don't contain a single murderer or rapist.

I've just read the latest daily mail article wich gives the most detailed account of Friday's trial that I've seen. The daily mail is banned in Thailand but there are ways to get round this. If you haven't read it, read it! More police incompetence or criminality,make of it what you will. If any of the morons apologists try and spin this one there will be no doubt as to their motives!

There are a few points worth mentioning from the Daily Mail article entitled "Will British backpacker murders ever be solved?

The article concerns the testimony of Investigating Officer Cherdpong Chiewpreecha (my paraphrasing):

1) He failed to confirm whether the mobile phone and SIM card found on the beach belonged to Mr Miller

2) He did not know the whereabouts of a green towel that was found on Hannnahs body, and claimed that it was not relevant as he believed it was placed on Hannahs body after it had been discovered.

3) He did also not know who had reported the discovery of the bodies, because the police had not logged the name of the caller.

4) He did not know whether he would have expected the clothes of the suspects to be covered in blood after the violent attack.

5) He did not know who the garden hoe that police had previously suggested was used to kill the pair belonged to.

There is much more, but you will have to read the full article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3173235/Catalogue-police-blunders-including-failure-investigate-evidence-chase-suspects-revealed-court-judge-doubts-case-conclusive-outcome.html

I had to enlarge #4 above. Ask any 4 year old if playing in the mud will get a person dirty. I have addressed the issue of missing bloody clothes several times, from several angles. For example:

>>> where is laundry done in vicinity of crime?

>>> where does Mon do laundry? were those facilities checked by investigators?

>>> how does a very bloody crime take place with no bloody clothes/items outside the crime scene

>>> even many of the items at the scene, like David's shorts, are clean, as if laundered that morning. Mon must have been busy.

>>> Why have police not looked at or talked to Stingray Man, Mon's cop friend, other tough guys who hang out at AC bar?

With so little trial time remaining, few if any such important items will be addressed. If this week's testimony from Thai police experts is any indication: All they'll say to any questions is "DUH, I DON'T KNOW."

Still awaiting an answer to my question. seems to been ignored by the RTP supporters. If this was a family member. Would you be happy with this investigation?

If you choose to ignore this post again I will name you directly. Man up and make a divinative statement. Yes or no please! Please do not use beliefs linked to irrevalant beliefs.

The question is very simple!

I've just read the latest daily mail article wich gives the most detailed account of Friday's trial that I've seen. The daily mail is banned in Thailand but there are ways to get round this. If you haven't read it, read it! More police incompetence or criminality,make of it what you will. If any of the morons apologists try and spin this one there will be no doubt as to their motives!

There are a few points worth mentioning from the Daily Mail article entitled "Will British backpacker murders ever be solved?

The article concerns the testimony of Investigating Officer Cherdpong Chiewpreecha (my paraphrasing):

1) He failed to confirm whether the mobile phone and SIM card found on the beach belonged to Mr Miller

2) He did not know the whereabouts of a green towel that was found on Hannnahs body, and claimed that it was not relevant as he believed it was placed on Hannahs body after it had been discovered.

3) He did also not know who had reported the discovery of the bodies, because the police had not logged the name of the caller.

4) He did not know whether he would have expected the clothes of the suspects to be covered in blood after the violent attack.

5) He did not know who the garden hoe that police had previously suggested was used to kill the pair belonged to.

There is much more, but you will have to read the full article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3173235/Catalogue-police-blunders-including-failure-investigate-evidence-chase-suspects-revealed-court-judge-doubts-case-conclusive-outcome.html

I had to enlarge #4 above. Ask any 4 year old if playing in the mud will get a person dirty. I have addressed the issue of missing bloody clothes several times, from several angles. For example:

>>> where is laundry done in vicinity of crime?

>>> where does Mon do laundry? were those facilities checked by investigators?

>>> how does a very bloody crime take place with no bloody clothes/items outside the crime scene

>>> even many of the items at the scene, like David's shorts, are clean, as if laundered that morning. Mon must have been busy.

>>> Why have police not looked at or talked to Stingray Man, Mon's cop friend, other tough guys who hang out at AC bar?

With so little trial time remaining, few if any such important items will be addressed. If this week's testimony from Thai police experts is any indication: All they'll say to any questions is "DUH, I DON'T KNOW."

I would love to see an RTP promotion exam.

Question 1, There has been a murder and a gun has been found close to the victim. What is the first thing you would do,

A, I don't know.

B, I don't know.

C, I don't know.

D, I don't know.

Answer, if you have answered 'I don't know' to the above question you have passed the exam.

Still awaiting an answer to my question. seems to been ignored by the RTP supporters. If this was a family member. Would you be happy with this investigation?

If you choose to ignore this post again I will name you directly. Man up and make a divinative statement. Yes or no please! Please do not use beliefs linked to irrevalant beliefs.

Of course not. And we are not RTP supporters any of us. We try to have an open mind. Is there a chance that B2 commited the murders ? Yes there is. If I were in family with the victims I would never be happy about the investigation. But that doesnt mean that B2 are completely innocent.

it is not an accusation as you say, it is an observation, your understanding of English gives you away my friend, and yes it could be perhaps a match for tens of thousands of Asians from all over Asia which is why I used the word "likeness" - I am not saying it is him thumbsup.gif

but since we are only talking about Ko Tao it does narrow it down somewhat

Here's the transcript:

The Metropolitan Police says there's confusion and inconsistencies in the investigation in Thailand into the murder of 2 British tourists on the island of Koh Tao. Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were killed in September. Scotland Yard, which is observing the Thai enquiry, says there are questions about the strength of the case against the 2 men from Burma charged with murder.

This was broadcast in late December and seriously counters the families statements

Perhaps everytime JTJ quotes the families we should throw this back at him!

Wow I missed that report.

Top Marks for picking that up.

Well lets see what Zoe (Reprieve), Andy and the UK lawyers have pulled out of the UK Authorities.

wai2.gif

Explain why he would take out a phone that was blocked. Wouldn't you keep it in your bag.

They didn't confirm it as it wasn't Davids Phone

Explain why he would take out a phone that was blocked. Wouldn't you keep it in your bag.

wifi still allows access to social media etc but not used for making calls

The unknown whereabouts of nom sods dna according to what was said in court as reported in the daily mail is just another example of gross police incompetence.It would seem the police would rather be seen as bumbling idiots rather than criminals. My hunch is that it has been conveniently misplaced for fear that a retest might bring up some unwanted surprises.

On a side note I read some comments made by Heidi Ana an associate of Andy Hall on Facebook in wich she states that things are going to get worse for the RTP,TAT and prosecution and the case is about to get even more ridiculous. The way things are looking I'm more hopeful that eventually we will find out roughly what happened and the parents can get justice.

You wont find out what happened IMHO but they will be proved not guilty

At the end of the case more unanswered questions than when we started. And the Threads will go on and on and on...LOL... Poor old Mods cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I think these links are spy links, meaning if you click them it shows where you are posting from.

This is an old trick that has been used before by the RTP's people.

Bery this isn't an IP finder link but many of those Bitly links are. They use another program 1st first then put it through Bitly for a link code.

If you hover over the link with your pointer then it will show you the destination. This one is the mirror newspaper.

wifi still allows access to social media etc but not used for making calls

Dohhhh... Its been a long day today and very hot fried my brain... anyway it wasn't Davids phone.

This was my initial reaction also, but consider this. All his friends' and family members' phone numbers were on his regular phone, and he might not have got around to copying them over. This could also explain why he did not just get a new sim for the iPhone.

I must congratulate the 2 men on trial for the brotherhood they have shown since being rounded up and turned into goat's.

They have never turned on each other or one try to blame the other for what has happened to them.

They have shown far from being boys they are proper men. Men of whom their families can be proud. Unlike several posters on here who's families would likely disown them if they realized what they were doing.

lets be very clear here, I am actually on the fence as to whether they were involved or not - if they were I do not believe they could have done it alone, but equally the police have made an absolute shambles of this investigation at every juncture, I cannot think of one thing that they have done or claim to have done that would stand up to any standard or scrutiny and convince me of guilt, in any western country this would never have a reached court, the case may or may not be rescued somewhat with retesting of DNA samples but by western standards it would have already been dismissed

It is a very sorry sad state of affairs especially for those connected to the victims, I have seen really sick stuff in my time but what happened on that beach early that September morning was very disturbing even for me

This was my initial reaction also, but consider this. All his friends' and family members' phone numbers were on his regular phone, and he might not have got around to copying them over. This could also explain why he did not just get a new sim for the iPhone.

exactly, many phones are locked to home networks and do not allow the use of none home network sim cards, wifi however allows the use of all social media apps like Facebook - line - email etc, I have seen some of my friends do exactly this, they buy a cheap phone for making calls locally which they seldom use, most bars hotels restaurants all provide free wifi allowing them to stay in touch with family and friends

But if his phone was not locked to a home network then there was absolutely no need for a second phone

If the victims were relatives I would be first shocked by gossip and speculation can be read here.
I think the biggest mistake the police was to have provided some information at the beginning of the case. They thus allowed the lounge detectives to trick their boredom by spreading day after day gross and improper assumptions.
I also think that DNA against-test will confirm the version of the police and that Scotland Yard also conducted verify at the bodies reception. For me that's why they broadly endorsed the investigation.
Unfortunately for relatives, the conspiracy will continue their cabal by questioning collecting on the victims' bodies. They will be fewer but still aggressive to avoid a too big ridicule.

Archived