REPORT: Visa run to Yangon, Myanmar

HUH

i got the same visa in March and it was only valid for 28 days

The OP was referring to length of stay, which is 60 days. If your tourist visa had an "use before" date of one month from issue that is uncommon and you could post it here after removing personal details.

HUH

i got the same visa in March and it was only valid for 28 days

The OP was referring to length of stay, which is 60 days. If your tourist visa had an "use before" date of one month from issue that is uncommon and you could post it here after removing personal details.

PAZ

NO:

he said

the receipt for my e-visa was all I needed to get a stamp on arrival good for 90 days in Myanmar.

He is referring to his MYANMAR visa NOT THAI

The receipt (that they email you) is valid for entry within 90 days

the visa is valid for ONLY 28!

I have done it twice now

That is correct. The e-visa receipt is good to use for 90 days but once it is used for a stamp it only allows a 28-day stay in Myanmar. I'm on a taxi going home but I will update the OP later and add some details like the days of the week and the fact that the flight was from Bangkok. Good catch!

• Like 1

Somebody tried a Non-O there ?

I do get a Non O (Based on child) 1 year multi entry in Yangon Thai Embassy without any problem but I am working in Myanmar and also have 1 business multy entry for Myanmar. That might help as it clearly explain that i work in Myanmar while visiting regularly my son in Thailand

Somebody tried a Non-O there ?

I recall that the Thai embassy in Yangon does process non-o visa applications, but of course I don't have experience getting one. I think they do all types of visas, including education and non-immigrant visas. I imagine that the process would be the same but with a higher fee.

That is correct. The e-visa receipt is good to use for 90 days but once it is used for a stamp it only allows a 28-day stay in Myanmar. I'm on a taxi going home but I will update the OP later and add some details like the days of the week and the fact that the flight was from Bangkok. Good catch!

Anyone know why I can't edit my own posts? There is no edit button anywhere on the page.

I'm very happy to read a positive travel story about Myanmar.... You obviously know how to travel.!! and gave us good information....

THX for sharing this with us.

best regards,Off Road Pat

• 1 year later...

Just done my Non O based on child and no hassles at all. Super friendly people. No long lines. In and out in 10 minutes. USD80 must be crisp notes. Also application forms are not for Non O.  Just fill in the form given and let them know at the counter.

Now that Air Asia flies direct at 870 baht it's the best place to go and hang out. Return flight at 5pm means you have plenty of time to pick up the visa and get to the airport.

52 minutes ago, RayHaas said:

Just done my Non O based on child and no hassles at all. Super friendly people. No long lines. In and out in 10 minutes. USD80 must be crisp notes. Also application forms are not for Non O.  Just fill in the form given and let them know at the counter.

Now that Air Asia flies direct at 870 baht it's the best place to go and hang out. Return flight at 5pm means you have plenty of time to pick up the visa and get to the airport.

Hi, thanks for posting. Was wondering is that a single or multi entry non-o visa you got?

9 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Yes, I suspect that too. Just wondering because on the application form there is an option for single or multiple entries but there is only one fee given, $80.

The fee would be $200 for a multiple entry which is only shown for a non-b business visa on the website.

3 minutes ago, jphasia said:

I am paying $200 for a 1 year multiple entries Non O based on child. This is my fourth one in a raw from Yangon Thai Embassy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you please indicate what documents you needed to provide when applying for the multi entry Non O in Yangon.

Can you please indicate what documents you needed to provide when applying for the multi entry Non O in Yangon.

The first 3 times, only a copy of the birth certificate of my child, copy of my Myanmar visa and 2 photos.
The last one, the same but also copy of my Thai book bank. They didn't mention about any minimum balance or whatever, just copy of the bank book. They apologized and told me the immigration rules changed and that was the reason why they are asking for it this time. Very polite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1