Russian wanted in connection with fatal stabbing of dog in Jomtien

Lite Beer

If dogs start barking at you, and they are not of potentially dangerous breeds - try squatting down in front of them. They should quiet down. Then slowly put your hand out for them to sniff. Try this with small dogs first; it will help one get over the fear of them.

Just like humans, if you raise a pup with cruelty - there is a high probability that he will become a violent adult.

I can't help feeling tho, I'm sure you'll correct me, that if dogs weren't on the loose in the first place..I wouldn't have to jump through hoops to go out for a walk/run/ride?

I know what you're trying to tell me, it's my own fault for being attacked. Don't be so negative and cynical about dogs, etc.

How am I supposed to determine what a "potentially dangerous breed" is when they all are in my experience?

On a serious note, does anyone have a sensible and humane method for clearing the area of these feral pests? I don't want to hurt them, but I don't want them near where I live.

I would, and so would my guests, like to be able to walk to the main road in safety, without going through some arcane, and probably unsuccessful, appeasement ritual to a vicious animal.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If dogs start barking at you, and they are not of potentially dangerous breeds - try squatting down in front of them. They should quiet down. Then slowly put your hand out for them to sniff. Try this with small dogs first; it will help one get over the fear of them.

Just like humans, if you raise a pup with cruelty - there is a high probability that he will become a violent adult.

I can't help feeling tho, I'm sure you'll correct me, that if dogs weren't on the loose in the first place..I wouldn't have to jump through hoops to go out for a walk/run/ride?

I know what you're trying to tell me, it's my own fault for being attacked. Don't be so negative and cynical about dogs, etc.

How am I supposed to determine what a "potentially dangerous breed" is when they all are in my experience?

On a serious note, does anyone have a sensible and humane method for clearing the area of these feral pests? I don't want to hurt them, but I don't want them near where I live.

I would, and so would my guests, like to be able to walk to the main road in safety, without going through some arcane, and probably unsuccessful, appeasement ritual to a vicious animal.

You moved here.. Thais accept it like this.. its not up to you to change the country. Just adapt.

'You moved here.. Thais accept it like this.. its not up to you to change the country. Just adapt.' Nations learn off each other usually by copying and/or improving on the original. Using Robblok's 'logic there would never be any improvement anywhere; EVER.

Thailand has a number of glaringly obvious problems. Over time they will eradicate them particularly now the Internet connects countries in nano-seconds. Dogs kill; they cause accidents; they disturb the peace; they spread diseases. Thailand's dog population is out of control. The more protests there are, the sooner change will come.

Dogs can sense , perhaps via their scent glands, fear. Have you tried giving them treats?

Tonight on the way back from the driving range, Mrs riding pillion (moony dog lover) 2 attacks.

No, I didn't fear them as I didn't see them until they launched their attacks. I didn't quite have the time to offer the friendly pooches any snacks. Much less the inclination.

As for the other poster and the asinine comment about choosing to live here...the mind boggles at such a statement.

I like living here, so I must accept potential death by dog as a result?

I feel like I'm on a creationist thread. Same level of delusion. Would you expect me to adapt to human trafficking if I lived in a country that condoned it? You ought to think a bit more before you type.

Most dogs, in any country, are a pointless waste of resources and an even more pointless safety and biological risk.

I hate needless suffering. Particularly mine, and partly the dogs (although this thread is beginning to wear down my impartiality).

Most dogs here are suffering and it's because people are thinking emotionally(sic) rather than rationally.

As much as I would hate to harm any animal, or witness, or be party to it (burger anyone, dog food Fido?), my sympathy is firmly with the Russian.

Dogs can sense , perhaps via their scent glands, fear. Have you tried giving them treats?

Have you tried picking up the poop that comes about by the giving of these treats.

You moved here.. Thais accept it like this.. its not up to you to change the country. Just adapt.

And Pattaya has quite clear laws stating that pet dogs shall not be on public property unsupervised. Adapt to that.

And Pattaya has quite clear laws stating that pet dogs shall not be on public property unsupervised. Adapt to that.

And in thailand only 2 allowed to ride on a moter bike and there's laws about overloading vehicles ,double parking, triple parking, and wasnt thailand recently told it had to do something about the slave trade thats being operated in the south . Get the point!!!

rijit

And in thailand only 2 allowed to ride on a moter bike and there's laws about overloading vehicles ,double parking, triple parking, and wasnt thailand recently told it had to do something about the slave trade thats being operated in the south . Get the point!!!

rijit

I know the point. THE DOG, should NOT have been on public property unsupervised. That is the law, like not >2 on a motorbike etc. If the dogs owner had obeyed the LAW the dog would still be alive. That is the point.

Archived