Interior Ministry orders further checks on Waterfront Residence in South Pattaya

Rimmer

Interior Ministry orders further checks on Waterfront Residence in South Pattaya

meet-8.jpg

PATTAYA:--The Interior Ministry were in Pattaya on Thursday and Friday to closely examine the work of the Pattaya City Administration, led by Pattaya Mayor, Khun Ittipon and the issue of the issuance of the EIA for the Waterfront Residence at the Bali Hai Port, was once again raised and is set to be investigated.

As part of the two day inspection, Walking Street and the 101 Businesses which are claimed to be encroaching on public land was raised and the local administration has identified 12 buildings that do not possess the correct land title documents, however it appears that common sense may prevail as it was determined that demolition of these buildings, should all legal avenues to protect them be exhausted, would be detrimental to the local tourist industry and to Walking Street, which is seen as the center of tourism activities in Pattaya.

Recent demolition orders for illegally built hotels were discussed as were current land encroachment cases which are being heard in the Courts, but the focus of attention by Major General Nattapit, Assistant to the Minister of the Interior and Chairman of the Committee formed to oversee an investigation into Pattaya City and it’s Mayor, was the Waterfront Residence located at the Bali Hai Port in South Pattaya.

See more:http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/202914/interior-ministry-orders-further-checks-on-waterfront-residence-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-11

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

So it seems that anyone can do anything, including encroaching on land, if it will benefit the tourist industry?

Make laws and then provide loopholes around them - absolutely remarkable! One law for some people, another for anyone that benefits the tourists!

build a bungee jump between rotting towers, let the stray dog population between mafia boat parking area double or triple, let the new marina pilings rot even further and watch this gorgeous view from the viewpoint at top! i am sure tourists as well as local Thai and expats will appreciate all these positive improvements and brilliant solutions...LOL

I went by the area this morning.

No work going on at the building... the sales office next door was open with at least 2 staff waiting for customers.

at the "marina" all the floating boat parking equipment has been removed from the water and piled up on shore

the whole area is in a very run down condition.

post-2109-0-83735900-1454402872_thumb.jppost-2109-0-45505300-1454402895_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-15320800-1454402914_thumb.jppost-2109-0-05862500-1454402936_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-50721500-1454402959_thumb.jp

No work going on at the building... the sales office next door was open with at least 2 staff waiting for customers.

at the "marina" all the floating boat parking equipment has been removed from the water and piled up on shore

attachicon.gifIMG_20160202_105858_1 (Medium).jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20160202_105632_1 (Medium).jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160202_105920_1 (Medium).jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20160202_105603_1 (Medium).jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160202_105941_1 (Medium).jpg

Nice job!!! Congrats to City of Pattaya for wasting 700 million of taxpayers hard earned cash!

For destroying the bay and for filling it with 100s of concrete dock pilings! Nice job!

Congrats to City of Pattaya for for switching green-light to red and back to green and back to red for the 50 floor concrete!..

Arguably the best and the quietest part of the town has become a parking for hundreds of fuel-leaking parked boats, stray and dangerous dogs, a wasteland for the self-dismantling marina debris, a decaying building and so on!

Sometimes I wonder who runs this town!

• 2 weeks later...

From Pattayawatchdog facebook

https://www.facebook.com/PattayaWatchdog/posts/1089003807811206

apologies for my and google's translation effort.

As expected
Pattaya City has not renewed construction permits for Waterfront condominium.

According to a review due on February 13, 2559.

This news follows two main reasons.
1. Parking as described in the EIA report, was for 60 places
but developers only provided 30 places subsequently told Pataya city that
parking would be resolved by using a 2 storey hydraulic system floor height of 3.2 meters, but the city checked and found it inadequate for large vehicles.

2. Pattaya City inspected the developmnt area that permited them 3.8 thousand square meters,
and found more than five thousand square meters used without permission.

City building permit can not be renewed.

attachicon.gifIMG_20160202_105858_1 (Medium).jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20160202_105632_1 (Medium).jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160202_105920_1 (Medium).jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20160202_105603_1 (Medium).jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160202_105941_1 (Medium).jpg

That's a total mess.

What a f-up

Obviously not enough brown envelopes were amassed in the first place.

Amazing Pattaya.

parking would be resolved by using a 2 storey hydraulic system floor height of 3.2 meters, but the city checked and found it inadequate for large vehicles.

Even 60 spaces would be totally inadequate for a building of that size in that location.

There should be an absolute minimum of one parking space for every unit and that should be applied across the board without exceptions to all new condos. That would cover visitors and deliveries and motorbikes.

They should also have significantly more green areas. So much greed here: cram as much development as possible into as small an area as possible.Quite ridiculous in a country with so much empty land.

From Pattayawatchdog facebook

https://www.facebook.com/PattayaWatchdog/posts/1089003807811206

apologies for my and google's translation effort.

As expected

Pattaya City has not renewed construction permits for Waterfront condominium.

According to a review due on February 13, 2559.

This news follows two main reasons.

2. Pattaya City inspected the developmnt area that permited them 3.8 thousand square meters,

and found more than five thousand square meters used without permission.

City building permit can not be renewed.

So how about all those letters Tulip sent to their investors claiming ,we have done everything by the book and all issues are cleared now.

guess the question now is who, if anyone, is going to pay for the demolition?

Generally such failed projects just sit there forever, to serve as a reminder. There are plenty of them around.

However this one is in a particularly prominent position and I suspect that local government and tourism officials will not want it to stay as it is.

something I don't understand however is in johng's post he wrote " Pattaya City has not renewed construction permits for Waterfront condominium ". I'm not sure whether translation plays a factor in this but say for example the developers decide they want to try to rectify 1 and 2 by finding a possible alternative for extra parking provision and demolishing the 5000 m² ,how would they be able to achieve this without any kind of permit whatsoever? not having any kind of construction permit would seem to imply they are not even allowed back on site to do any kind of work?

Why wouldn't the authorities issue a renewed construction permit on the basis that it was conditional upon 1 and 2 being carried out first so the developers could at least look at the feasibility of partial demolition?

guess the question now is who, if anyone, is going to pay for the demolition?

Generally such failed projects just sit there forever, to serve as a reminder. There are plenty of them around.

However this one is in a particularly prominent position and I suspect that local government and tourism officials will not want it to stay as it is.

Grease the correct wheels and train will roll along just nicely.

give it time. wai2.gif

these 2 item are 'fix it" items in construction.Seems like major issues(view block, distance from sea etc.) have been swept under the carpet and the whole thing apparently has been reduced to fixable items.5000 sqm overall(100sqm per floor) won't be a deal-breaker.Developer obviously has experience with crisis-management and handling it good for them.slow but sure steps fwd..

these 2 item are 'fix it" items in construction.Seems like major issues(view block, distance from sea etc.) have been swept under the carpet and the whole thing apparently has been reduced to fixable items.5000 sqm overall(100sqm per floor) won't be a deal-breaker.Developer obviously has experience with crisis-management and handling it good for them.slow but sure steps fwd..

yeah well. number 2 is not exactly a fix it item?ermm.gif

if the feasibility study was carried out on the basis of the area they have already built losing 5000 m² could affect the profitability of the whole project?

I don't think many developers would want to finish off in a breakeven situation

something I don't understand however is in johng's post he wrote " Pattaya City has not renewed construction permits for Waterfront condominium ". I'm not sure whether translation plays a factor in this but say for example the developers decide they want to try to rectify 1 and 2 by finding a possible alternative for extra parking provision and demolishing the 5000 m² ,how would they be able to achieve this without any kind of permit whatsoever? not having any kind of construction permit would seem to imply they are not even allowed back on site to do any kind of work?

Why wouldn't the authorities issue a renewed construction permit on the basis that it was conditional upon 1 and 2 being carried out first so the developers could at least look at the feasibility of partial demolition?

The developer would need to submit plans that solve the problems before any sort of permit to work is issued.

The developer would need to submit plans that solve the problems before any sort of permit to work is issued.

back to the drawing board..this may roll into another year!

ooops ! yes you're quite right I forgot about that stagetongue.png

if the feasibility study was carried out on the basis of the area they have already built losing 5000 m² could affect the profitability of the whole project?

I don't think the 5000 sqm is about the inside of the building.

It say a permit was issued for 3800 sqm, which is nothing if you add up 50 floors, and 5000 sqm was used. I understand a TOTAL of 5000 sqm meter was used, or 1200 sqm on top of what was permitted.

So in my opinion we are talking about the ground floor.

How big is the plot on which the building stands?

I don't think the 5000 sqm is about the inside of the building.

It say a permit was issued for 3800 sqm, which is nothing if you add up 50 floors, and 5000 sqm was used. I understand a TOTAL of 5000 sqm meter was used, or 1200 sqm on top of what was permitted.

So in my opinion we are talking about the ground floor.

How big is the plot on which the building stands?

I received information from another source which said the building should have been 38,516 m² (not 3800 m²). Also if you notice the information in johng’s post says “Pattaya City inspected the developmnt area that permited them 3.8 thousand square meters “

Archived