Interior Ministry orders further checks on Waterfront Residence in South Pattaya

Rimmer

Cruncher if there was a letter, you and I would know about it by now.No one can claim here in this forum that their sources are better than the rest and that's for you Jiu.

They send letters to their customers every month. A friend of mine has bought into another unfinished project from them, Tulip, and get letters every month where they also talk about waterfront.

They still keep saying that everything is above water and will be cleared in the very near future.

In the letter he received in February the claimed that new plans had been submitted and everyone was satisfied now.

I saw the letter,

"We have fully completed a detailed analysis and breakdown on the space of the building and a full presentation on the car parking set up, and this was submitted to Pattaya City Hall as of Friday 19th February 2016. "

The developer confirmed that they (developer) submitted the revised plan on Feb 19th. But it did not mean the plan was submitted by Pattaya City.

After a month, Pattaya City decided to ask ONEP on March 24th for the advice.

By now Pattaya City rejected the plan.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That may be your opinion and I respect it, however I believe you need a lot of catching up to do with the latest developments.no duck no shootings

I hope with "developments" you don't mean the crap and bs they write in their letters to investors.

The latest "letter" or "update"was sent to developers back in February as Champa stated.

By "Developments",what I mean is, what's happening "these days"...

That may be your opinion and I respect it, however I believe you need a lot of catching up to do with the latest developments.no duck no shootings

I hope with "developments" you don't mean the crap and bs they write in their letters to investors.

The latest "letter" or "update"was sent to developers back in February as Champa stated.

By "Developments",what I mean is, what's happening "these days"...

You stated that you believed that I had a lot of catching up to do. Yet you have no knowledge beyond what has been posted here.

A bit presumptuous don't you think? Notwithstanding, I won't take offence. Suffice to say that I keep abreast of developments.

I would be interested to know what the sales staff say exactly to prospective purchasers who are totally unaware of all the remarks and information that has been posted on this forum.

do they tell unaware people that there is just a minor hiccup and the construction will be commencing soon? Surely they shouldn't be taking money from anyone at this point in time?

What can I tell you..

It's always risky buying into off plan.

They need to pursue legal means if their units can't be turned over per contract.

If they can recover most of their money,fine!

If not..

There are wins and losses in life.

Your beloved wife can walk away with hundreds of thousands $$ after a few years of marriage.That doesn't make you stupid.it doesn't make her a whore.

It's just how life rolls.

Peace

Picked up a very cheap off plan on the 27th floor from someone wanting to get out, confident eventually it will get built and will treble my money

Apart from anything else, it needs to make sense financially to everyone else, not just you. People likely bought on the promise of a regenerated area,

Who would accept that eyesore, metres from the entrance? It might have worked as an extension of the more upmarket properties on the hill, but the whole area is blocked by...crap. The whole area looks quite awful. Back in 2008, big promises were made, but we know the money was not forthcoming. Who now will pay for the area's regeneration? Do you think Pattaya City will cough up in order to benefit the inhabitants of the Waterfront? Have you seen how the whole of Bali Hai looks now...not even taking account of the eyesore adjacent to the hill? Nothing upmarket there has worked. Upmarket starts and stops at Siam Bayshore. The former owners of Julie Complex/Vientiane on Walking Street have made an effort with the Balihai Bay http://www.balihaibay.com/ . Their attempt at a shopping mall failed as the Chinese tourists simply did not attend. So it turned into a complex of nightclubs. Worked out nicely for them when Russians arrived en masse.

As to the Waterfront, all you need now is to find another fool who is willing to take it off your hands.

The amazing thing about the whole saga is that, even by Thailand standards, it is taking a ridiculously long time to resolve.

If even half of the alleged faults with Waterfront were true then the project could and should have been stopped long ago. Indeed City Hall would have all the justification necessary and in many ways this would be the easy option for them. That this has not happened tells a story.

Huge discrepancies in floor area should have been detected when the original construction permit was issued, when the first EIA approval was given and when the second EIA approval was given, not to mention the many site visits that were made. This alone would justify the cancelling the project because it could not reasonably be rectified. This tells another story.

It seems that City Hall are scratching around for reasons to delay giving the go ahead. Why they are doing this I don’t know. Could it be loss of face because they have already unnecessarily delayed this project already? Could they be worried about possible legal action? Whatever, it is time this was sorted out one way or the other.

The couple of buyers that I know put the blame fully on City Hall. One of them is, however, hacked off with the developer for not issuing a promised update a month after the last letter. With the possibility of legal action the developer has to careful what he says, but something could be put out.

What a coincidence

That 700million baht brand-freaking-new state-of-art boat parking marina project gets damaged with the first storm hits the area!.

Wasn't a study done before spending 700million,whether or not it would withstand a storm?

What a coincidence

State-of-art car parking only attracts a handful amount of people!

Wasn't a study done before spending 700million whether or not it is needed?

What a coincidence

Adjacent to these both projects, a 2billion baht 50floor construction project plans get approved around the same time by the same government office and permitted to go up and up and up and up and.....was stopped after the top-off to be investigated!...

The tiger asks the camel: " why is your neck crooked and twisted?"

The camel sighs and responds in sadness: " what part of me isn't !!!"

What a coincidence

That 700million baht brand-freaking-new state-of-art boat parking marina project gets damaged with the first storm hits the area!.

Wasn't a study done before spending 700million,whether or not it would withstand a storm?

What a coincidence

What a coincidence

Adjacent to these both projects, a 2billion baht 50floor construction project plans get approved around the same time by the same government office and permitted to go up and up and up and up and.....was stopped after the top-off to be investigated!...

That provides food for thought.

An up market condo and hotel in the middle of what was supposed to be an up market regeneration, but turned into an up market raging disaster could prove embarrassing to City Hall.

Perhaps that is the reason why City Hall keeps kicking the can down the road instead of doing what they will have to do in the end – issue a new construction permit.

What a coincidence

What a coincidence

What a coincidence

An up market condo and hotel in the middle of what was supposed to be an up market regeneration, but turned into an up market raging disaster could prove embarrassing to City Hall.

Perhaps that is the reason why City Hall keeps kicking the can down the road instead of doing what they will have to do in the end – issue a new construction permit.

Keep in mind that the folks at City Hall are only there until the 15th of June. Elections are supposed to be held. Likely the NCPO may/will install a council in the interim.

What a coincidence

What a coincidence

What a coincidence

Keep in mind that the folks at City Hall are only there until the 15th of June. Elections are supposed to be held. Likely the NCPO may/will install a council in the interim.

do you really think elections will be that punctual? I don't.

And then it will be interesting to watch someone try to take legal action against an NCPO appointeegiggle.gif

It's funny how all the talk about view blocking, distance from sea, sacred area,road not wide enough to justify a tall building and brown bags etc etc all dwindled down to debatable 5000sqm extra space and inadequate parking.

Don't attack me.its just my perception.

"debatable 5000sqm "

why is it debatable?

because in this polarized climate, with this highly politicized building, the perception of what is the area(sqm) of the 'generator room' depends which side you are on, just like in the classic case of 'one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter'.

Why are you writing this rubbish? A 5000 sq. m. generator room? There are likely more issues, as aforementioned, but perhaps only some are being acted upon in order to avoid further litigation.

because in this polarized climate, with this highly politicized building, the perception of what is the area(sqm) of the 'generator room' depends which side you are on, just like in the classic case of 'one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter'.

Why are you writing this rubbish? A 5000 sq. m. generator room? There are likely more issues, as aforementioned, but perhaps only some are being acted upon in order to avoid further litigation.

I didn't mean "only" the generator room Einstein! Common areas in total is what I meant and generator room was an example. But obviously your perception is different and you're ready to attack even unbiased opinions if they are not in line with yours. Relax! Let the men decide who's right and who's wrong...

Unbiased? You are just writing a load of rubbish. 'Polarized'...'politicized'... you are just making it up. It's simply a failed project.

I didn't mean "only" the generator room Einstein! Common areas in total is what I meant and generator room was an example. But obviously your perception is different and you're ready to attack even unbiased opinions if they are not in line with yours. Relax! Let the men decide who's right and who's wrong...

Apart from anything else, why are you posting under two different usernames within the same thread? Looks dodgy to say the least.

pattayadude & dogeatdogworld?

Unbiased? You are just writing a load of rubbish. 'Polarized'...'politicized'... you are just making it up. It's simply a failed project.

I don't care if project fails or succeeds. It will be YOUR eyesore for a long time to come..I'm sipping my fuzzy drink overlooking Caribbean Sea on the other side of the world, far away from that failed tourism spot it once was. Cheers

Another one jumping to silly conclusions.

Does this look like Pattaya to you?

It does but so do these!anyways enjoy your scenery. It looks better than the ones I posted .

You seem to be intent on posting nonsense to this thread. I'm beginning to suspect that you are just Trolling. Posting under differing usernames. For what purpose?

Keep in mind that not everything that is known about this project is posted on the open board. You know nothing.

whenever I'm in the area and I gaze up at the structure I keep wondering about the enormous challenge of partial demolition. About the cost involved of doing so and the practical difficulties.

The other day I started wondering what if they offered pattaya city itself ownership of the extra 5000 m in return for being allowed to immediately recommence the building work?pattaya city could then achieve a rental return from this part of the building which they could apply to all the costs involved in running the city and the developers would avoid the cost and time involved of demolishing the part which they were not meant to have built in the first place?

Does it sound crazy?

You mean like offering an illegal building to city hall and thinking that would make it legal at once.

Yeah, sounds crazy.

you don't think money talks louder than laws in this city?gigglem.gif

Yes but the Thais typically prefer to keep such things on the quiet side. Several gravity defying tall floors are hard to not notice and keep quiet.

I don't care if project fails or succeeds. It will be YOUR eyesore for a long time to come..I'm sipping my fuzzy drink overlooking Caribbean Sea on the other side of the world, far away from that failed tourism spot it once was. Cheers

It does but so do these!anyways enjoy your scenery. It looks better than the ones I posted .

You seem to be intent on posting nonsense to this thread. I'm beginning to suspect that you are just Trolling. Posting under differing usernames. For what purpose?

Keep in mind that not everything that is known about this project is posted on the open board. You know nothing.

Stick to facts.. You keep going off topic and trying to get answers on personal stuff. Both accounts is me and nothing illegal with it. Comprehend? Anyway you're just hard headed one sided tree hugger who is obviously against this project. On the other hand I'm neutral but it doesn't matter. I know where you stand and I don't like biased people. Keep your opinions to yourself and don't be rude.

I repeat,...you know nothing and you are just Trolling.

Stick to facts.. You keep going off topic and trying to get answers on personal stuff. Both accounts is me and nothing illegal with it. Comprehend? Anyway you're just hard headed one sided tree hugger who is obviously against this project. On the other hand I'm neutral but it doesn't matter. I know where you stand and I don't like biased people. Keep your opinions to yourself and don't be rude.

24) Multiple accounts by the same person are not allowed.

Against forum rules...

I'm the one posting facts and you are the one posting conjecture. You don't have any facts in your possession. I do.

From Pattayawatchdog facebook

https://www.facebook.com/PattayaWatchdog/posts/1089003807811206

apologies for my and google's translation effort.

As expected

Pattaya City has not renewed construction permits for Waterfront condominium.

According to a review due on February 13, 2559.

This news follows two main reasons.

1. Parking as described in the EIA report, was for 60 places

but developers only provided 30 places subsequently told Pataya city that

parking would be resolved by using a 2 storey hydraulic system floor height of 3.2 meters, but the city checked and found it inadequate for large vehicles.

2. Pattaya City inspected the developmnt area that permited them 3.8 thousand square meters,

and found more than five thousand square meters used without permission.

City building permit can not be renewed.

60 car park places?

i took this pic aug 2013 of the sign attached to the waterfront gate

post-117580-0-09635600-1461286117_thumb.

guess the question now is who, if anyone, is going to pay for the demolition?

Probably the same person that paid for those useless electronic walk/don't walk signs on beach road to be taken down.....oh, wait.

build a bungee jump between rotting towers, let the stray dog population between mafia boat parking area double or triple, let the new marina pilings rot even further and watch this gorgeous view from the viewpoint at top! i am sure tourists as well as local Thai and expats will appreciate all these positive improvements and brilliant solutions...LOL

Don't forget the "public land" having private business built there. Motorcycle taxi and song tails taking up all the road space meant as a lane. So many food things are happening

From Pattayawatchdog facebook

https://www.facebook.com/PattayaWatchdog/posts/1089003807811206

apologies for my and google's translation effort.

As expected

Pattaya City has not renewed construction permits for Waterfront condominium.

According to a review due on February 13, 2559.

This news follows two main reasons.

1. Parking as described in the EIA report, was for 60 places

but developers only provided 30 places subsequently told Pataya city that

parking would be resolved by using a 2 storey hydraulic system floor height of 3.2 meters, but the city checked and found it inadequate for large vehicles.

2. Pattaya City inspected the developmnt area that permited them 3.8 thousand square meters,

and found more than five thousand square meters used without permission.

City building permit can not be renewed.

60 car park places?

i took this pic aug 2013 of the sign attached to the waterfront gate

attachicon.gifjuly aug 30 001_800x316.jpg

Basement?

Curiouser and curiouser said Alicegiggle.gif

• 1 month later...

City Hall have sunk to new depths of pettiness and stupidity (if that is possible).

They have asked the developer to contact all buyers and get them to say they agree to an automated car parking system. What is the point? The automated car parking is contained in the contract the buyers signed. How can they do anything other than agree?

Some people in City Hall should be held accountable for this farce. These petty delays are a disgrace.

City Hall have sunk to new depths of pettiness and stupidity (if that is possible).

They have asked the developer to contact all buyers and get them to say they agree to an automated car parking system. What is the point? The automated car parking is contained in the contract the buyers signed. How can they do anything other than agree?

Some people in City Hall should be held accountable for this farce. These petty delays are a disgrace.

its a bit strange, considering that across the road is a example of an automated parking system that turned out to be a costly mistake

• 2 months later...

I understand that Tulip Group have been fired and that Park Plaza Hotels have put in their own management.

I have seen a recent letter from the new management saying that they have agreed to demolish the top 5 floors in an effort to compromise.  They have, at the insistence of City Hall, asked all buyers to sign an agreement, which will become part of the sales contract, to say that they agree to the automated car parking.

City Hall are obviously worried that Waterfronts car park will work whilst theirs does not.  Oh the embarrassment!!!

One wonders what somersaults City Hall will turn next to provide further delays.

1 hour ago, CRUNCHER said:

I understand that Tulip Group have been fired and that Park Plaza Hotels have put in their own management.

I have seen a recent letter from the new management saying that they have agreed to demolish the top 5 floors in an effort to compromise.  They have, at the insistence of City Hall, asked all buyers to sign an agreement, which will become part of the sales contract, to say that they agree to the automated car parking.

City Hall are obviously worried that Waterfronts car park will work whilst theirs does not.  Oh the embarrassment!!!

One wonders what somersaults City Hall will turn next to provide further delays.

Not the same administration, so not unexpected. But didn't Park Plaza sell their holding to Red Sea Group? Smoke and mirrors.

http://www.iii.co.uk/stockmarketwire/67778/pphe-hotel-group-sells-interest-pattaya-bay-thailand-20m

Archived