'Tomboy' Late Opening Pub raided by Police in South Pattaya

webfact

“Tomboy” Late Opening Pub raided by Police in South Pattaya

pub-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just before daybreak on Saturday a selection of Police from various divisions in Pattaya, Chonburi and Bangkok, conducted a raid on a Pub, mostly staffed by “Tomboys”, which was suspected of being open and selling alcoholic beverages well after its permitted operating hours.

The raid was prompted by complaints from local residents who were angry at the authorities for allowing the venue to stay open all night and into the early morning and featured Pattaya Police, Chonburi Provincial Police, Narcotics Suppression Bureau Police and Crime Suppression Police from Bangkok, who converged on “The Voices Club” in South Pattaya at 6am.

The venue was still open and approximately 150 patrons were inside and consuming alcoholic drinks. 40 of the patrons were drug tested and 1 female tested positive for methamphetamine in her system.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/203079/tomboy-late-opening-pub-raided-by-police-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-13

This joint is the most popular Tom bar in Pattaya and was packed every night. My ex-staff went there often as she liked Tomboys.

She took me and my wife there one time just to show us what these joints were like. These bars cater to the ladies working in Pattaya and it didn't even open until 12 midnight and stayed open all night. The ladies working around Pattaya didn't get off work until late.

When we were there about two months ago on a normal mid weeknight, it was absolutely packed, and not cheap. Tons of customers and I was a bit surprised. And, in this report, you can see at 6 am there were still 150 customers in the joint.

How this kind of business can work without staying open past 2 am I have no idea, because as I said, it relied on getting most of their customers after they finish work. I suspect it was making enough money that they can now afford a bigger payoff. But, if the neighbors complain enough, who knows?

...why were only 40 of the 150 patrons tested...and none of the staff.....

...same answer as to why was this allowed to go on for so long......

Probably had only 40 test kits on hand.... ?

Can't be. More often than not the BIB used the 'positive' kits twice to cash in again...

Selling alcoholic beverages well after its permitted operating hours. I was Shocked and horrified at this lucky they managed to get some backup cops down from Bangkok I bet they were also shocked that such a thing would take place in Thailand next there will be a bar found with prostitutes working in it, what is the world coming to when things like this are happening in Thailand.

I find it extremely worrying that places are staying open until 6am selling alcoholic drinks to customers.

I might be up and about when said customers are driving home.....

I would much prefer the carnage to be limited to my sleeping hours.

What's the penalty for pretending to be a tomboy who had male reassignment surgery?biggrin.png

it's obvious you all have no clue what is a Tomboy.

a Tomboy has nothing to do with a ladyboy

If you don't get the joke, then you must be a woman?

Hyku obviously has no clue what a joke is either!smile.png

Archived