Help! Where To Find A Maid/babysitter?

blackcroissant

Help! Can anyone help?

I am a single parent. My 4-year old daughter and I are coming to Chiang Mai for 3 months because of my intensive Thai massage teacher training course. I’ve got a place for her in the Lanna International School. However, I still need a part-time babysitter to keep her company in the afternoon (around 14.30 ~ 18.00) while I receive my training.

I’ve tried very hard searching on line for a babysitter agency in Chiang Mai. However, I have found nothing. Can anyone give me some advices, please? I have never been to Thailand and am a bit anxious. Any advice on life in Chiang Mai is also very welcome. Thanks a lot.

Did you check with the school to see if they have facilities or perhaps recommendations?

exactly. there is however a center near anuban varee off kaew nawarat bridge. i'll try to find out the number in a day or two when i send my son to school tomorrow.

Will you be staying in a hotel or apartment? Most people use maids here not babysitters. MOst of those are found through networking with other peoples maids. Any other help needed feel free to ask.

We will be staying in a serviced apartment. The thing is.....I have not found one yet. I have booked a hotel room for 3 nights and plan to look around when I get there.

I've called VIANGBUA MANSION but unfortunately those ones with kitchen are fully booked. Can anyone recommend a nice servied apartment that accept short--term contract?

Will you be staying in a hotel or apartment? Most people use maids here not babysitters. MOst of those are found through networking with other peoples maids. Any other help needed feel free to ask.

We will be staying in a serviced apartment. The thing is.....I have not found one yet. I have booked a hotel room for 3 nights and plan to look around when I get there.

I've called VIANGBUA MANSION but unfortunately those ones with kitchen are fully booked. Can anyone recommend a nice servied apartment that accept short--term contract?

You could try Doi Ping Mansion on Charoenprathet Road. They often have a vacancy and they do take short term arrangements. Close to the centre of town as well.

What time frame are we looking at, and what type of standard do you require / what price range can you afford?

The time frame should be : 04 Oct ~ 28 Dec

Type & Standard: a one-bedroom or a two-bedroom apartment should be sufficient, preferably with a kitchen and a bathtub. I like simple and clean interior. VIANGBUA MANSION on the photos looks great to me.

Budget: Up to 22000 Bhat per month

Thanks a lot.

What time frame are we looking at, and what type of standard do you require / what price range can you afford?

Type & Standard: a one-bedroom or a two-bedroom apartment should be sufficient, preferably with a kitchen and a bathtub. I like simple and clean interior. VIANGBUA MANSION on the photos looks great to me.

Thanks a lot.

Don't know what type of environment you are looking for. Different things appeal to diferent folks. As a mom (as I am) I would think you would want to stay out of the citycenter and look more to the outskirts. Also easier to get to and from the international schools. I am not familiar with many but will ask around. The below quote comes from another section of the Chiang mai thread here.

"The one drawback of Viangbua is that it's in a terrible area, on a really narrow street in one of the most congested parts of town - I lived in Viangbua for a month and was glad to be out of it"

Thanks a lot.

Don't know what type of environment you are looking for. Different things appeal to diferent folks. As a mom (as I am) I would think you would want to stay out of the citycenter and look more to the outskirts. Also easier to get to and from the international schools. I am not familiar with many but will ask around. The below quote comes from another section of the Chiang mai thread here.

"The one drawback of Viangbua is that it's in a terrible area, on a really narrow street in one of the most congested parts of town - I lived in Viangbua for a month and was glad to be out of it"

Dear Bggg,

Thanks indeed for the valuable insight.

The difficult thing for me is that I have never been to Chiang Mai, so the only thing I can do is to look at the map and use my imagination. Not so useful though in my case.

I don't want to live in a hectic and congested environment, but have no idea which part of the city is the better choice. Is the environment around CM University better ? Someone recommended Doi Ping Mansion that is very near to the night market the other day. But I guess it is also located in a bust environment. :o

Thanks a lot.

Dear Bggg,

The difficult thing for me is that I have never been to Chiang Mai, so the only thing I can do is to look at the map and use my imagination. Not so useful though in my case.

I don't want to live in a hectic and congested environment, but have no idea which part of the city is the better choice. Is the environment around CM University better ? Someone recommended Doi Ping Mansion that is very near to the night market the other day. But I guess it is also located in a bust environment. :o

It (Doi Ping) is in a rather busy area particularly between 07.00 - 09.00 and 13.30 - 18.00 (week days) as every student at Montfort, Holy Name & Regina Coeli schools is either delivered or uplifted from their respective school, "most one student one car". Still it has other things going for it and it won't cost you anything remotely close to Baht 22,000 / month either. If available you could get a two bedroom / two bathroom for less than that.

Thanks a lot.

Dear Bggg,

It (Doi Ping) is in a rather busy area particularly between 07.00 - 09.00 and 13.30 - 18.00 (week days) as every student at Montfort, Holy Name & Regina Coeli schools is either delivered or uplifted from their respective school, "most one student one car". Still it has other things going for it and it won't cost you anything remotely close to Baht 22,000 / month either. If available you could get a two bedroom / two bathroom for less than that.

Thanks again.

(really love this forum, can get many useful advices every time)

Definitely I'll have a look at Doi Ping. It sounds like a good deal.