BANGKOK 27 May 2019 10:48

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fang37

Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs?

I recognise that people marry for different reasons. Having recently relocated from Chiang Mai to Isaan, I observe this occurrence often. I do not mean a 10 year age gap - more a 40 year age gap.

Naturally, $$$ (lack thereof) is a reason.

Other reasons?

The success rate of such a relationship compared to the average?

Security only security, old man has worked all his life, builds a house, gets a pension, marries Thai lady then when the old man leaves our planet she most likely gets it all, and the house will cost alot more than aything they could ever provide.

Not such a bad thing, the old man is happy for his retirement years much more so than back home where it most probably cold and shitty and feels lonely and what does he need any assets for when he's in wooden box.

I will add to the previous post.

Logically (western logic), these relationships are insane. That be the case, I very much enjoy my insanity. However, my blood family have criticized me aplenty for my actions.

"Don't build a house & PUT it in HER name". Then, within a short time, they fleeced me for a considerable amount. "Double standard" - of course not.

It has been a pleasure, an honour to enhance their quality of life.

Since then, I have totally severed my ties (shackles) with the blood family. @ 1 decision.

Now, a new life; new family; new culture; revised principles; new religion; new cuisine; new language.

It has its challenges but worth every bit of it.

They'll be able to buy gold, or just be given it, along with a house in their own name, monthly salary many times that of the minimum wage. Then they'll only have to sleep with them once a week or so. For a few years. then they might even get a pension.

coffee1.gif

They fall off or fall asleepclap2.gif

Posts 4 & 5. Thank you for your input.

Are you relating your personal experience or is it bartalk?

i do have an opinion from experience, might it be a personal question to ask what is your situation age gap etc

i fear the answer might be married same age to Chinese/Thai has her own career/income/works for the family

i have been incorrect many times before but this has the pattern stamped on it

Young Issarn ladies are in most cases poorly educated and respect elderly western gentlemen for their wisdom and knowledge....................thumbsup.gif

I am 67yo - wife is 36yo. We have been together for 11 years. She has no Chinese blood.

Post @8 - yes - relating to the ladies' education. In fact, males in the North seem to lack further education too.

My wife completed a degree in Chiang Mai. Her English language proficiency is good.

Western elderly gentlemen - wisdom & knowledge - extremely rare!

I don't want to judge, but... there, first dash of hypocrisy of this post because what I wright will in some form or other become a judgement, its impossible not to judge or have an opinion on this topic when living in Thailand....

Old guys and young girls... I have an opinion, I wouldn't wish for my daughter (if I had one) or sister to date or marry a guy 20 / 30 / 40 years her elder. Yet, when I have entered my golden years and find myself single I wouldn't have any concerns about dating a girl 20 / 30 / 40 years younger..... There, second dash of hypocrisy...

We see this age divide in areas with far poorer 'social mobility'... many just don't have the chances of 'moving up' as they see it. So, the extra security (either real or perceived) offered by those older foreigners wishing to date a younger, fitter, healthier lady is enough to secure company.

I'm pretty sure its more a decision of finance and security than it is of love and attraction, however, relationships evolve and develop... I'm sure many are happy with this situation so long as mutual respect remains.

My situation: gerry123 pretty much nailed it... But that doesn't mean I'll judge the older guys with poorer younger girls in a negative light, I hope they are happy, respectful of each other and enjoying life... But what are these girls after? For the most part I'd say Financial Security... and beyond that some respect and companionship.

Success rates: Milage must really vary - lets face it, as we become more modern, fickle, changeable and less traditional the success rates of any relationship dwindle....

Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs---OP

Do They.... I hadn't noticed, just been to busy enjoying the Thai food & viewing the temples etc...................wub.png

Maybe for the twinkle in our eyes?

Security only security, old man has worked all his life, builds a house, gets a pension, marries Thai lady then when the old man leaves our planet she most likely gets it all, and the house will cost alot more than aything they could ever provide.

Not such a bad thing, the old man is happy for his retirement years much more so than back home where it most probably cold and shitty and feels lonely and what does he need any assets for when he's in wooden box.

Naturally, this thread invites banter.

In my native country, dating a lady 10 years younger may well be the limit re age disparity.

Having lived in the North for 13 years, I have witnessed ladies in their late 30s - early 40s being ruthless in their pursuit of a new husband. There were some Chinese-Thai included.

They place their sons in the wat for care; consume a considerable amount of alcohol

Each lady of Chinese heritage had been adversely affected by the Global Financial Crisis.

For me it was fate - the law of attraction & a touch of ego?

I am 67yo - wife is 36yo. We have been together for 11 years. She has no Chinese blood.

When you was 36 did you want to bonk a 67 year old woman ? No its disgusting. When you was 25 did you want to bonk a 56 year old hag ? Disgusting