Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs?

fang37

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Young Isaan ladies probably have two main options in marriage:

Option A – marry young Isaan man who has no money and wants lots of boom boom and will likely not be loyal and will sleep with other young Isaan ladies and has a high likelihood to run away at some point.

Option B – marry old farang man who has lots of money and doesn’t need much boom boom and will likely be loyal and not sleep with other young Isaan ladies and will likely stay around until he dies.

I think many young Isaan ladies will choose Option B.

Who says old farang man not need a lot of boom boom. Speak for urself

Option A – marry young Isaan man who has no money and wants lots of boom boom and will likely not be loyal and will sleep with other young Isaan ladies and has a high likelihood to run away at some point.

Option B – marry old farang man who has lots of money and doesn’t need much boom boom and will likely be loyal and not sleep with other young Isaan ladies and will likely stay around until he dies.

Who says old farang man not need a lot of boom boom. Speak for urself.

If that’s the case I think many young Isaan ladies will choose Option A.

Who says old farang man not need a lot of boom boom. Speak for urself.

If that’s the case I think many young Isaan ladies will choose Option A.

Where do you get the idea Isaan ladies don't like sex or its a chore?

Some here are clearly just trying to pick a fight. Dont feed them with explanations and justifications. The clichéd bargirl only wants man for money crap is getting so old. Everyone's different and in a different situation. If someone's happy they're happy. Someone sitting in Bkk or Pattaya is in another world entirely to the North or North East and you would have no idea of what it is like to live here or what the people or lifestyle is about. Most of the malarkey I read here is so far from my reallity. Thailand doesn't start and finish with soi Nana and Soi 7. The families and ladies where I live are just normal folk.

Unfortunately all those " working" in those and similar locations are from there! It just gives a terrible impression of the ladies in that region..never seen so many..it's a real phenomena this last 15 years which co- incidentally parallels the rise of the mansions in the villages.

Some here are clearly just trying to pick a fight. Dont feed them with explanations and justifications. The clichéd bargirl only wants man for money crap is getting so old. Everyone's different and in a different situation. If someone's happy they're happy. Someone sitting in Bkk or Pattaya is in another world entirely to the North or North East and you would have no idea of what it is like to live here or what the people or lifestyle is about. Most of the malarkey I read here is so far from my reallity. Thailand doesn't start and finish with soi Nana and Soi 7. The families and ladies where I live are just normal folk.

Unfortunately all those " working" in those and similar locations are from there! It just gives a terrible impression of the ladies in that region..never seen so many..it's a real phenomena this last 15 years which co- incidentally parallels the rise of the mansions in the villages.

The ladies generally in the villages, or where I live at least aren't like the hardened girls you find in sin city. Some lovely girls here any man would be lucky to have, Sure the majority of the working girls are Isaan but obviously not the cream of the moral crop. In my opinion its us farang that harden them. Surely they don't all start off in Pattaya with blackened hearts. How many blokes come here and promise them the world....and then return to the real world...wife, job, reality and can't follow through.

It seems to me that the guys who do well in relationships here are the ones who have had a terrible relationship back home, and the guys who come to Thailand meet a girl doesn't matter what background they are and drink and I mean (DRINK) abuse their partners and lose everything then moan and then start to slate everything thai are the ones that never really had a decent relationship before.

Of course, young Isaan ladies prefer older farang men.

Mama told them so & Mama is never wrong.

Kap , old mare has probably had a few farangs ,in her time, and she has the knowledge . clap2.gif

When you consider their choices , old poor thai man over 50, wrinkled and has no money. sad.png

Compared to old fart farlang , with pensions ,

my money is on old papa farlang coffee1.gif

People Thai , are not stupid , money talks .wai2.gif

I am with a Thai lady from NNE LOS. There is a large age difference. Concern to us, family, neighbours - Nil.

Over the years, I have WILLINGLY provided financial assistance to family. The family's standard of living has increased significantly. Has the family changed in attitude much - No. FI: still drinks Beer Chang in moderation. FIL still works 7 days/week=no sponging. MIL does her daily chores as previously.

Do neighbours/relatives treat the family any differently? Well, to a limited degree - of course they would like more material assets.

A few younger ladies have approached us with questions about house construction & relationship compatibility.

The young kids stare at the farang. After a while, they become more friendly.

Problems seem to arise when -

lady expects too much

family expects too much

Ol' man BS re his financial situation.

Life savers - Thai lady began English classes shortly after we met. I started to learn Thai from a dictionary shortly after my arrival in LOS. Thai lady has learnt some Western ways. Farng has learnt some Thai ways.

The locals are extremely impressed by my language proficiency. Thai eagerness to learn English - what are ya talkin' about?

When the ol' farang eats hot/spicy food, huge excitement.

I have never been approached by the locals for $$$.

I would love to see a young Isaan lady's opinion about this.

My Isaan gf says, of course, we need you as ATM. Not so much for herself, but for her daughter. She has always been honest about this, and we agreed that I would take care for her daughter and pay for her education.

As a reward, I get a family that take care for me, even if I ran completely out of money.

All that's needed is some reliability that the cash flow will be going on. And for that Farangs have a system. It's called pensions.

Gambling is a huge problem in Isaan and usually the Farang is the last to know.

So so true. No one lovely girl here married to a thai guy. Normal village girl. Husband recently died at 35. Lao khao consumption. She got 200k thb insurance. Gone 3 weeks on poker. All she had for her future

Gambling is a huge problem in Isaan and usually the Farang is the last to know.

So so true. No one lovely girl here married to a thai guy. Normal village girl. Husband recently died at 35. Lao khao consumption. She got 200k thb insurance. Gone 3 weeks on poker. All she had for her future

And to kick it back onto subject, I also know a lovely girl late twenties here in our village. She has finally got pregnant after trying a long time. Her husband has just decided to deal as well as use amphetamines. To$$er can't be long before he's banged up.

No bluddy wonder ....

There seems to be a common thread. Young lady - Young man - happy, happy. Baby - bye, bye.

Hello, old geezer. Different style of relationship - different priorities.

This seems to be a reasonable situation except when full disclosure is not there. ie old geezer finds out about the child later.

My wife & I do not have children - snip, snip

Now, in my late 60s, I doubt that I would exit the relationship if the lady had a youngster. It would depend whether I was accepted reasonably into the family; her parents etc.

It depends on the girl. Some good some bad.....mostly good in my opinion. I'm talking about a normal country girl not a hard bar girl. I was so paranoid wen I first met my girl 3 years ago. Hidden husband's, hidden kids. It all seems ridiculous now and surprised she stuck with me. My level of trust was zero...All mostly from what I'd read on TV. I mean there are sharks here for sure but there are some bloody good girls here too, best you would find anywhere. Never been happier in my life. Use Ur head, keep Ur eyes open and U'll be ok

It depends on the girl. Some good some bad.....mostly good in my opinion. I'm talking about a normal country girl not a hard bar girl. I was so paranoid wen I first met my girl 3 years ago. Hidden husband's, hidden kids. It all seems ridiculous now and surprised she stuck with me. My level of trust was zero...All mostly from what I'd read on TV. I mean there are sharks here for sure but there are some bloody good girls here too, best you would find anywhere. Never been happier in my life. Use Ur head, keep Ur eyes open and U'll be ok

Too many generalizations and too many rumours in these forums, TV is even one of the better ones.

I don't think it is oK to divide between normal country girls and bar girls. Both are working in their way, of course a young mother needs extra money for a baby.

I had this paranoia, too, about cheating Isaan ladies with hidden husbands, hidden babies, sick buffaloes etc. Never any rational reason for that, my Isaan lady was honest about this right from the beginning of our relationship.

She's a fine young woman, and, of course, she was allowed to have what I took as naturalness for myself: pre-marital sex.

I never wanted an angel, never wanted an amateurish virgin. I wanted a lady that I can have fun with (sex included), and I wanted to make something out of our relationship. Responsibility for her daughter should be a matter of course.

Relationships like this may be Farang womens' nightmare, but why should I care?

I finally found what I was looking for, so now I'm happy.

You seem to know a lot about girls form Isaan and the North East Kenny. Is it that you just talk to them a lot?

Lets assume you are a user. Remind me ... "it just gives a terrible impression of" who?

The rising numbers of mansions in Isaan villages also co-incidentally (?) parallels some phenomena in the West, namely

- more and more old Farang pensioners,

- declining fertility of Farangs,

- growing disgust of Farang women for their men, and

- growing disgust of Farang families for the elderly.

If more and more Farangs come to settle as expats in the Isaan, then it shouldn't be too surprising that there are houses in which they live.

What do you expect?

Many Farangs experienced their former home as a sexless and careless society.

They tell you "not to burn all bridges". What they mean is "not to take your money out of the West" - that's all they're after.

A functioning Farang - Isaan relationship is a nightmare to Farangs that stayed in the West, they probably want compensation for their envies.

You seem to know a lot about girls form Isaan and the North East Kenny. Is it that you just talk to them a lot?

Lets assume you are a user. Remind me ... "it just gives a terrible impression of" who?

What an ignorant assumption. I live in an Isaan village? If u have assumed I'm a player (not really sure what ur saying?) It's not the case. You just can't live that way here nor do I want to. I do however have a very normal life and we have many friends. Many of those friends are single (abandoned) wives / mothers. There are some crackers of girls here. And I don't mean Asian slave brides. Just good hearted, good humored hard working beautiful ladies. U cudnt find a better wife anywhere. Reason blokes don't meet these girls (other than tourist areas) are because a) the people don't speak English and B) normally farang don't come to Isaan unless they come with a lady. there's no hidden meaning or agenda in my post

What an ignorant assumption. I live in an Isaan village? If u have assumed I'm a player (not really sure what ur saying?) It's not the case. You just can't live that way here nor do I want to. I do however have a very normal life and we have many friends. Many of those friends are single (abandoned) wives / mothers. There are some crackers of girls here. And I don't mean Asian slave brides. Just good hearted, good humored hard working beautiful ladies. U cudnt find a better wife anywhere. Reason blokes don't meet these girls (other than tourist areas) are because a) the people don't speak English and B) normally farang don't come to Isaan unless they come with a lady. there's no hidden meaning or agenda in my post

Same old story, "Asian slave brides"

That's exactly the argument of "emancipated" Farang women that hide behind a liberal attitude and tell you it's exploitation if you take an Isaan lady. Wile common Farang myth has it that *you* get exploited by Isaan ladies.

Can't be that wrong it both sides are happy with the situation :D

At least we have established something - no same same.

Within this thread the only thing I have been criticized for is not living in Isaan. I assume that includes not having an Isaan wife.

The difference - I have no idea..

What I do know - I had 2 marriages in the West. Consistent - both ended in the divorce court. One - ENDURED - for 7 years.

Here, we have been together for 11+years; no separations; both learning - not paradise - just living a quality life. Disagreements - yes. Conflict, abuse, physical abuse =zero.

I am happy to enhance the life quality of both my wife & her parents in a financial way. Maybe I overdid it a little - no one is perfect.

I think it fortunate that my wife is an only child=just easier.

The formula - my experience - mutual respect. A traditional Buddhist lifestyle. Plenty of giving - no need to take.

In fact, I am grateful to my former spouses. We gave it all that we had. We agreed to finally terminate for mutual benefit. Smooth dissolution.

I don't think it is oK to divide between normal country girls and bar girls. Both are working in their way, of course a young mother needs extra money for a baby.

I think there is a divide there. I'm not judging a woman trying to feed her family and there are some lovely genuine girls I've met in bars. I do believe after a girls had a few months of "learning the ropes" u would be asking for trouble. Most get an air of easy come easy go after that. Lose one white buffalo not hard to find another. Generally they have family support issues and are exposed to a life of drinking, gambling and drugs. Most normal country girls cudnt even dream of making a living in a bar unless they either had no choice financially or were of loose morals. Still not to say theres not some great girls in the tourist areas but you are gambling. IMHO, that's where blokes come to the tourist areas make the mistake. They'll meet a girl...She'll be beautiful, ton of fun...great drinking partner and likes to party. Like going out with Ur best mate but she's female and u go home at the end of the night for the best boom boom in Ur life. That's not necessarily what u want in a wife though.

I think there is a divide there. I'm not judging a woman trying to feed her family and there are some lovely genuine girls I've met in bars. I do believe after a girls had a few months of "learning the ropes" u would be asking for trouble. Most get an air of easy come easy go after that. Lose one white buffalo not hard to find another. Generally they have family support issues and are exposed to a life of drinking, gambling and drugs. Most normal country girls cudnt even dream of making a living in a bar unless they either had no choice financially or were of loose morals. Still not to say theres not some great girls in the tourist areas but you are gambling. IMHO, that's where blokes come to the tourist areas make the mistake. They'll meet a girl...She'll be beautiful, ton of fun...great drinking partner and likes to party. Like going out with Ur best mate but she's female and u go home at the end of the night for the best boom boom in Ur life. That's not necessarily what u want in a wife though.

I want both.

Don't forget, even a bar girl gets older. And after quite a few disappointments with Farangs that promised her a rose garden, a bar girls might change her attitudes. A sexy housewife is perfect, isn't it?

Archived