Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs?

fang37

It's not just issan girls that like older men -- many countries have similar ideas and for similar reasons -- stability of a better lifestyle.

Can we add that most detest the sexual act in repetition ...

You must be doing it wrong ;)

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expatitis in Thailand, Is Your Glass Half Empty or Half Full..

Chopped for brevity

Very well written. I agree 100%. Did you write this?

What a long winded way of saying that you bring your troubles with you.

As an aside - what's the difference between a ghetto of expats in Pattaya and a ghetto of Pakistanis in Bolton ? Substitute other collective descriptors to suit your taste ;)

It's not just issan girls that like older men -- many countries have similar ideas and for similar reasons -- stability of a better lifestyle.

Can we add that most detest the sexual act in repetition ...

You must be doing it wrong wink.png

I read it as meaning .... with successively different men.

i.e. not many adjust happily to hooking in their 'needs must' state (which I would agree with).

Well known psychology theory.

The Outer only reflects the Inner. Even stated by Religious founders, philosophers and poets.

What we say about others shouts more loudly about our own self.

It's just our own insecurities that find fault in others. Or the outside world.

Yahhhhh!!! Boring!

-

The older of my two younger sisters (lives Germany) was appalled when I married a 34 year old Thai at the age of 58. She never said it, but I sensed it in every pore. My 24 year old niece (her daughter) wrote me an e-mail worrying (with nice sensitivity) about the dangers of marrying a 'young lady' in Thailand - she loves Thailand and visits often.

Fast track 18 months forward and said niece shacks up with a German guy at least 20 years her senior. Sister very uncomfortable but now had to suck it up. Unfortunately he turned out to be a control freak over her and new baby and completely f**ked up the German side of my family for the last few years.

Live and let live. Stereotyping is foolish.

Don't worry, those Germans are born control freaks and masters in stereotyping.

I've got a sister in Germany, too. She's two years younger than me but already an old woman. She actually envied me, even tried to imitate me, but one thing she never understood: that I was never part of German mainstream society but rather got socialized in South Asia (many years ago)

Same with my "friends" in Heidelberg. I got all kinds of silly warnings about Thai women in general and my Thai girlfriend in particular. All kinds of insults, worse than you can ever imagine. Farang women were the worst, in fact they ran mad when they found out how much I disgusted their brand.

Now I'm here, and they're still there. Many wanted to break out, only a few managed to do so. Some broke out in tears when I finally left and asked me to leave something as a souvenir. I actually pity those who stayed in Germany, and they envy me I guess.

My last remarks about the cultural lag embarrassed them completely. I told them Thai ladies act economically rational while Germans show irrational behaviour, so when I change sides it's rational. Now have a look what's presently going on in Germany. "Laissez-faire" is not what control freaks are after.

Young Isaan ladies that marry an old Farang do not only improve their own and their families' economic situation.

They also contribute to nation building, ie integration of the Isaan into Thailand, on a family base.

The Isaan is developing from a rural to a class society now, and migration is an important part of this process.

Isaan girls migrated to Thai tourist areas once, it actually started in times of the Vietnam war. They found Farangs there that had money but were not really happy in the West. So they made them migrate to the Isaan and married them. Their families and neighbours realized there was some money to be made in places like Pattaya, so young farmers emigrated, too, and became workers - many in construction building eg.

Now industrialisation returns back to the Isaan. Buffaloes are substituted by mechanical products, children go to school, shops open, etc etc. Maybe class consciousness will grow, on a national base, the Isaan farmer becomes a Thai worker.

At the same time, there's an emerging middle class. Commuters from Bangkok come to work in Pattaya, and vice versa. New service jobs emerge, now for Thais as customers.

Nation-building and economic development is a hard process. Good to combine it with family-building, especially when you can rely on attractive females to push and pull development a little bit further.

For me, it's a sociopolitical experiment, and I'm glad to be part of it.

BTW, the pushing and pulling forces are really very sexy. Yes they are.

Isaan ladies' kids will have better education - better skills.

Income in the Nth is well below BKK.

Both the above encourage decentralization=more industry=more jobs=less drift to BKK & Pattaya?

These ol' farts are making a generous contribution to Thailand.

Both the above encourage decentralization=more industry=more jobs=less drift to BKK & Pattaya?

Better skills and better jobs will reduce the economic urge to make money in BKK or Pattaya.

Presently, life is more expensive in BKK than elsewhere in Thailand. That's probably the reason why jobs outside BKK are getting more attractive. If more of the high-salary jobs move out of BKK, then this will affect the average wages there. New investments usually go where there is cheap labour, but new factories usually remain where they are even if wages rise. Mining and infrastructure projects in the Isaan can't be done elsewhere, and as long as there is no high unemployment, Isaan workers can go for collective bargaining (unions)

Decentralisation was on the agenda of one of the Thai political parties, but it will probably happen anyway.

And these ol' farts do also get something in reward, something they would not get in the West.

These ol' farts do also get something in reward, something they would not get in the West.

Streets ice cream every 2nd Wednesday?

Alternate Wednesdays - one KFC chicken leg?

-

The older of my two younger sisters (lives Germany) was appalled when I married a 34 year old Thai at the age of 58. She never said it, but I sensed it in every pore. My 24 year old niece (her daughter) wrote me an e-mail worrying (with nice sensitivity) about the dangers of marrying a 'young lady' in Thailand - she loves Thailand and visits often.

Fast track 18 months forward and said niece shacks up with a German guy at least 20 years her senior. Sister very uncomfortable but now had to suck it up. Unfortunately he turned out to be a control freak over her and new baby and completely f**ked up the German side of my family for the last few years.

Farang women were the worst, in fact they ran mad when they found out how much I disgusted their brand.

Now I'm here, and they're still there. Many wanted to break out, only a few managed to do so. Some broke out in tears when I finally left and asked me to leave something as a souvenir. I actually pity those who stayed in Germany, and they envy me I guess.

("they envy me"), total nonsense, why would they envy a loser that went to Pattaya, bought a cheap Issan (Surin) prostitute complete with baggage. They do not envy you but pity you because you only have a prostitute as a partner.

-

Farang women were the worst, in fact they ran mad when they found out how much I disgusted their brand.

("they envy me"), total nonsense, why would they envy a loser that went to Pattaya, bought a cheap Issan (Surin) prostitute complete with baggage. They do not envy you but pity you because you only have a prostitute as a partner.

Harsh, very harsh!

But true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-

brling,

your mantra gets boring.

Guess you a frustrated woman who lost her partner to an Isaan lady.

Just for the record: What would be "cheap" in your opinion?

-

Harsh, very harsh!

But true

People that judge should have an idea about the story behind. So, please enlighten me, and tell your version of my story.

-

L

Good morning, brling.

Did you sleep well, or can't you sleep anymore?

The fact that you permanently repeat yourself with a mantra about a relationship which you don't know is evidence for me that you're in a state of trance, and your wording makes me guess there's a trauma behind.

Do you want to tell what it is all about, or should I also guess?

I would like to try some kind of psychoanalysis on your case, without even knowing you (you're completely anonymous here), just by using some keywords that you repeat all the time. This will be very harsh, and you will hate me (and my rrelationship) even more.

I will apply your mantra on your self.

See what happens.

Are you ready?

Harsh, very harsh!

But true

People that judge should have an idea about the story behind. So, please enlighten me, and tell your version of my story.

Correct, but the story is what YOU have posted on THIS forum about your partner from Surin, who was working as a prostitute in Pattaya. Your replies also say if you marry this damaged woman you would pay sin sod. Only a fool would pay sin sod for a prostitute. To pay sin sod for a prostitute complete with baggage (a child), then I guess that would be a foolish loser.

I'm a 56 years old foreigner living in the middle of Isaan with my 21 years old Thai lady. She doesn't ask for money. Her mother and father don't ask for money. She has NEVER been a prostitute. I have NOT bought land and built a house og given the lady a ton of gold. Actually no gold at all. Not even an IPhone. What other people say about that I just give a sh.....

Good for you. Who pays for the rent and food ? Who pays electricity bills and phone ? Medical bills ? Etc etc etc ?

I'm a 56 years old foreigner living in the middle of Isaan with my 21 years old Thai lady. She doesn't ask for money. Her mother and father don't ask for money. She has NEVER been a prostitute. I have NOT bought land and built a house og given the lady a ton of gold. Actually no gold at all. Not even an IPhone. What other people say about that I just give a sh.....

Good for you. Who pays for the rent and food ? Who pays electricity bills and phone ? Medical bills ? Etc etc etc ?

Who pays all those things in a EU/USA household out in the sticks?

Harsh, very harsh!

But true

Correct, but the story is what YOU have posted on THIS forum about your partner from Surin, who was working as a prostitute in Pattaya. Your replies also say if you marry this damaged woman you would pay sin sod. Only a fool would pay sin sod for a prostitute. To pay sin sod for a prostitute complete with baggage (a child), then I guess that would be a foolish loser.

Passing the popcorn around............

Who pays for the rent and food ? Who pays electricity bills and phone ? Medical bills ? Etc etc etc ?

Who pays for the rent and food ? Who pays electricity bills and phone ? Medical bills ? Etc etc etc , for the fat, old wife that you left behind in your home country? or are you a superstud, macho man that all the women kissed your ass and paid to be in your company?

Who pays for the rent and food ? Who pays electricity bills and phone ? Medical bills ? Etc etc etc ?

Who pays for the rent and food ? Who pays electricity bills and phone ? Medical bills ? Etc etc etc , for the fat, old wife that you left behind in your home country? or are you a superstud, macho man that all the women kissed your ass and paid to be in your company?

Great response Norfund! I am in a similar situation to you and you are dead right. Fat, old, greedy women in the West compared to a sweet young Thai. Morons get taken. Losers lose. Looks like a lot of losers around, judging from their harsh comments.

Sorry, brling, you got it wrong.

I posted on this forum that not all bar girl are prostitutes, most of them are simply waitresses. And even if they were prostitutes once, they might change. Then it's not our business to check their past.

My girlfriend was a waitress in a bar, and (in her own words) she was never an angel. Of course not, she has a "whirlwind child", a lovely daughter who is now 18 yo. I know babies don't grow on trees, so no reason for me to investigate.

Paying for sin sod is a traditional habit in Thailand, a man pays for the wedding party and for the mother who raised his bride.

In my case, things went a bit different.

I paid for my girlfriend to get another job, which included a car. Only part of the car was paid by me, her family took her back as a full member when she changed her job. We just made a party in Surin, then made a trip to Laos, and went back to the temple of Surin were we were engaged by a monk. So she's actually my fiancee now, and her "baggage" is my stepdaughter.

We might still marry officially and make another party, but that's not priority #1.

Priority #1 is to guarantee education for my stepdaughter, so she will never get into the trap of working in a bar and end up as a mistitled prostitute. This can be guaranteed from my pensions, they are big enough.

I still have money in the West, there"s a legal debate about how much it really is and when I get it (legal issues are slow). Legal conflicts can be stopped if both sides agree on a compromise. Not so easy in my case, but possible.

Besides that, quite a bit of my physical property is still in the West. I can sell it via Internet, there"s lots of Farangs that are interested. Just a question of logistics. The offers I already have would even add up as enough for buying my lady a house with land - which of course would be hers.

Not as cheap as you think, my lady comes from a well-established family, with more land than you could ever dream of.

And now, please tell me: What did I do wrong?

PS. Don't concentrate on the car too much, I'm using it, too.

With the emerging of a new middle class, the market for marriages might change drastically.

I'm reading this with mixed emotions.

On one side, I wanted my Thai girlfriend to be an emancipated young lady and sponsored her on her way.

On the other side, she might come up one day and tell me she wants a younger Farang now, and I'm too old for her :-(

Is the emancipation operation painful?

Thai ladies would never do that. Kind, thoughtful & a desire for a long-term relationship (if you have $$$ & place it under her control).

Yes, the emancipation operation is painful, for both sides.

It's also a transition from a long-distance to a long term-relationship (I hope)

And also an emancipation from a society that wanted to swallow us.

The answer to the question who has the control over the $$$ is not so easy. My gf works, and I have my pensions, we put everything together in a pool.

With the emerging of a new middle class, the market for marriages might change drastically.

I'm reading this with mixed emotions.

On one side, I wanted my Thai girlfriend to be an emancipated young lady and sponsored her on her way.

On the other side, she might come up one day and tell me she wants a younger Farang now, and I'm too old for her :-(

Then it's time to trade her in for a newer model? : )

Archived