BANGKOK 20 June 2019 05:48

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fang37

Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs?

SantiSuk - You nailed that!

How many readers will neglect to read the vital word -

NOT

"Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs"

has relevance to this thread.

All of us aspire for the highest but few achieve it.

I have a 36 year old that has a grip on me like super glue. I am 59. I try to buy her clothes which she has very little of. Nope too expensive. I tried to replace her worn out shoes. She bought a pair for 129 Baht. I give her money and she gives it to her mother to take care of her 2 boys.

Money is not always the reason.

I cannot for the life of me see what she sees in me. I still have hair. I have little gray hair and very few wrinkles is her answer. The fact that I will be dead by the time she gets to my age is of very little concern to her.

Sex is not a problem for either of us. She initiates it most of the time. I suspect because she has been convinced that all foreigners require sex at all times. She even wonders why I don't sometimes.

She is a very smart woman. English abilities ar lacking but I understand enough Thai that that is not a problem. She uses a translator very quickly and only needs it 1 time.

We went to a Global House to look around and she saw a school friend. Her friend was freaked that this shy girl that studied all the time and never fooled around with boys, had a farang boyfriend.

No single answer for this question.

Well a thai paper did a survey a few years back, they asked 8 to 10 years old Isaan school girls what they wanted to do after they finished school

99% said that they wanted to marry a "farang",as farangs would take better care of them that a thai husband would

When you ask young women leaving vocational school what are their future plans most say they want to save enough money to buy/build a house! Marriage to a farang isn't even on their radar!

Talk to a 30-35 year old woman and you you get a totally different answer..."find me a farang" is the cry!

Foreign men are kinder, give them more freedom, don't steal from them, don't have mia noi's and basically have more money! Isn't that the main thing, even in the West women are looking for the best provider!

smile.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gif

The foreign husband offers security and the Thai female offers long term care of the foreign husband.

In oz when i was 30 I had a gf who was 17. We are stii best friends.

In Thailand had a gf who was 25 years my junior, still friends.

Now at the wrong side of 50 and my malay girl is 27. She has more money than me and more mature than me. I'm a happy camper.

I'm surprised the moderators hadn't shut this down at the beginning.People must have a lot of time on their hands to read and answer.

Post @8 - yes - relating to the ladies' education. In fact, males in the North seem to lack further education too.

My wife completed a degree in Chiang Mai. Her English language proficiency is good.

Western elderly gentlemen - wisdom & knowledge - extremely rare!

Compared with their Thai counterparts certainly whistling.gif

I'm surprised the moderators hadn't shut this down at the beginning.People must have a lot of time on their hands to read and answer.

So what exactly is bothering you whistling.gif

Young Issarn ladies are in most cases poorly educated and respect elderly western gentlemen for their wisdom and knowledge....................thumbsup.gif

And especially their familiarity with astronomy, marine biology, physics, and world history.

And not forgetting their DIY skills thumbsup.gif

Why do young Issan ladies marry old farangs? LOVE

I do not want to sound racist, or nationalistic, because I am most definitely not. But, I have spoken with countless Thai women, who prefer foreign men, over Thai men. My guess, is it has to do with a certain class of men. Some rich Thai men, or at least middle class, have a decent education, and some have traveled, and they are probably the exception. But many are jealous, possessive, and few have a romantic bone in their bodies. Most are not affectionate. Many are gamblers. Many are smokers and heavy drinkers. And most do not offer financial security. Perhaps. Many Thai women want to be with a foreign man, for some of the same reasons that many of us have so few male Thai friends? There might be a parallel there. Maybe.

So, I get it. A foreigner is usually a ticket to a better life, for most women who are not from families with money. Who would not want that? If it means being with an older man, for many that is not a really big deal.

It seems to me that a high majority of young Isaan girls have given up on men and prefer the "company" of other girls or Tom-boys. I have (politely) asked why is this and a few say " many young Thai guys are not proper men"

Read into their reply what you want??????

I think it's all about the money, honey

What brought you here.whistling.gif

Why do young Issan ladies marry old farangs? LOVE

I have met both Colin & his wife and I can confirm she is "One in a million" wai.gif