BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fang37

Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs?

Of course young Isaan girls prefer ol' farts.

Ol' farts cause little damage to the lady's personal assets.

The ol' fart pays a reasonable price for damage thereto.

He doesn't normally piss his bed nor in the kitchen sink.

He pays & pays & pays.

He is able to converse about Thai soapies.

No butterfly attributes.

In summary, he is a great catch.

When I met my wife she was 21 & I was 41.

She thought I had "little money"

She told me she would work very hard for us.

But still wanted to get married to me.

Seems to have lasted.

Just reached our 27 year anniversary.

Life can work out.

An objectionable post and a flame reply have been removed from this thread.

I have been married to a beautiful Isaan girl for 5 years who is 37, I am 62. We are living in Australia but will retire to Thailand. In my experience there are a lot of guys who marry Thai and other Asian girls expecting them to be compliant and wait on them hand and foot. These marriages do not last as their wives sooner or later work out that there is another, freer way of living in Oz. I know of a number of girls, many with young children, who are living in Oz after divorcing there partner. I believe it comes down to respect for each other. Surely my wife married me for status and a much better life for her family and herself. We have a great relationship and enjoy doing things together, but I wouldn't say it is love. More friendship and respect.She,of course, says it is love!!

Post of the month year! Doesn't just apply to those relationships that developed back in the home country!

This age thing people need to get over it and think of any marriage as what it is two people who at the point of marriage love each other age does not enter into it. A state of mind if your fit enough and healthy what is the problem. Yes sure there are those who will always say bah humbug and it's only for your money. Money now there's a point I wonder if I bought one of these people who say for your money drinks all day every day he would say he is only drinking with you for your money?????? Anyway I'm a ferang married to a lovely Issan lady with 21 years age difference we are happy we are in love with each other and we respect each others values and cultures. I would say that is as good a marriage as anything in the so called normal range

This age thing people need to get over it and think of any marriage as what it is two people who at the point of marriage love each other age does not enter into it. A state of mind if your fit enough and healthy what is the problem. Yes sure there are those who will always say bah humbug and it's only for your money. Money now there's a point I wonder if I bought one of these people who say for your money drinks all day every day he would say he is only drinking with you for your money?????? Anyway I'm a ferang married to a lovely Issan lady with 21 years age difference we are happy we are in love with each other and we respect each others values and cultures. I would say that is as good a marriage as anything in the so called normal range

well it is most likely that's it's your opinion. You can never be sure that she truly loves you. You should know Thai women well enough to know that they lie for many reasons. Lol

I suppose then you can't be sure your mum liked you after all mum's lie for all sorts of reasons eh. Or is it that you have been burnt and now anti thai women in general they are not all the same but won't waste my reach trying to convince you LOL

well it is most likely that's it's your opinion. You can never be sure that she truly loves you. You should know Thai women well enough to know that they lie for many reasons. Lol

dont project your experiences onto everyone else, just because you got screwed doesn't mean everyone else is going to get screwed,

I suppose then you can't be sure your mum liked you after all mum's lie for all sorts of reasons eh. Or is it that you have been burnt and now anti thai women in general they are not all the same but won't waste my reach trying to convince you LOL

sound immature and illogical. I'm happy married to a Thai u fool. Point was just because u say she loves u does not mean she does or does not. U just don't know. Wake up and join the real world. Lol. Love of a mother is different to love of a wife. A bit over your head? Think so.

Two points Charles the clown

1 I'm no body's fool

2 no I'm not going to bother wasting my battery power have a nice life

I started this thread.

Having spent 13 years in LOS of which 11 years have been with my Thai wife, I admit that is has been a very enjoyable experience to date - and many more I hope.

Never has one of us walked away.

I cannot speak for her but her actions suggest the same.

"Our" (meaning both my wife & her parents) standard of living has increased tremendously.

I am happy that I can share my wealth with the family. There was no repayment plan but I have received many dividends.

She has helped me through some severe medical problems with a smile.

$$$ is always a talking point for most expats. When I got cancer, I brought 100% of my funds into LOS. She can withdraw $$$ as necessary.

She has educated me & vice-versa.

Thailand is a LOS - I cannot resist smiling!

I will add to the previous post.

Logically (western logic), these relationships are insane. That be the case, I very much enjoy my insanity. However, my blood family have criticized me aplenty for my actions.

"Don't build a house & PUT it in HER name". Then, within a short time, they fleeced me for a considerable amount. "Double standard" - of course not.

It has been a pleasure, an honour to enhance their quality of life.

Since then, I have totally severed my ties (shackles) with the blood family. @ 1 decision.

Now, a new life; new family; new culture; revised principles; new religion; new cuisine; new language.

It has its challenges but worth every bit of it.

You can't cheat an honest man.

Most of us are rarely born in the homes of our true family.