BANGKOK 23 May 2019 05:40

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fang37

Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs?

1. Have absolutely nothing in common

2. Cultures are so far apart, that even a speed of light rocket would never get either one of them there

3. No common language

4. No clear communication or understanding

5. Totally different set of values and moral

6. 30 years apart energy levels

For her: Money, money and money

For Him: Sex, Nursing and kind words(lies) of what a lovely man he is

Success rate: As long as he realizes of the business arrangement, it may last for long time, plus without her, he could not even get a beer.

As long as she does not meet another one with more money to burn and gives whatever she asks for, love will flourish

konying - top post

The parties are different but blend well?

konying - top post

The parties are different but blend well?

Some do, if both understand the "business deal", but i am not speaking from experience, only from what i have observed and learned in the past 15 years or so.

I am not married and never have been,in my late 30's and do not date anyone younger than 30 :)

My wife is 41 & Im almost 70.

We have a very happy relationship, we do things together and we talk things out its called Communication

Most relationships break down because of the lack of communication.

When we first me she could not speak English & my Thai is a bit iffy. I took her out for lunch

on our first date & I took my notebook and we used google translate.

Today she has picked up a bit of English at times I think I am the only one

that can understand her.

She tells her 13 Y.O. daughter to never marry a Thai man & to look for a falang.

Every 2nd day a Thai woman will ask Mrs Jessi where can they find a falang husband

or B/F, I just tell her not to get involved as there are good & bad Falangs the same as Thai men.

The women she went to Uni with are finding out on the grape vine that she has married a Falang

and are all calling her to check if its the truth as they are in a state of shock when they hear about it

and all want to meet this hansom Falang.wub.png

We hear a lot about the bad/sour relationships in Thailand and its always the bad ones that stick in our minds

We dont hear enough about the good/happy relationships and I think that is sad.

Now to answer the Op's question.

There are many reasons far too many to list here.wai.gif

In the town where I live, farangs have a reputation - a good reputation.

Indeed, some ladies enquire about the possibility of meeting a farang man,

Thai men opinion - no idea.

When I met my wife, her English proficiency - zero. A term at YMCA & constant conversation, she was up & away.

Communication

Consideration, caring & empathy

Sex

Some of the older farangs here have fathered children - the couple seem happy,

It was an issue when I first met my wife but I had been "cut". After COMMUNICATING that, all is fine.

Kids - not for me.

At least COMMUNICATE that to the Thai wife early in order to avoid disappointment & bitterness.

A question lingers in the back of my mind - if I had very little $$$, would we have gotten together? I have asked her. Really. a stupid question - obvious response.

One thing my wife constantly asks - "Do you love me?" Then she shows the love sign with her hand/fingers - teenage stuff - yes. But, OK. It is the little things that count?

1. Have absolutely nothing in common

2. Cultures are so far apart, that even a speed of light rocket would never get either one of them there

3. No common language

4. No clear communication or understanding

5. Totally different set of values and moral

6. 30 years apart energy levels

For her: Money, money and money

For Him: Sex, Nursing and kind words(lies) of what a lovely man he is

Success rate: As long as he realizes of the business arrangement, it may last for long time, plus without her, he could not even get a beer.

As long as she does not meet another one with more money to burn and gives whatever she asks for, love will flourish

Amazing how so many of you on here just want to generalize and have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not picking on konying, but he does have a nice list I can use.

My wife and I are 25 years apart and have a wonderful relationship.

1. No, we didn't have a lot in common initially, we do now. There's nothing wrong with not having a lot in common with someone, it's fun to make your own memories together.

2. Yes, my culture is different than hers, I like that. I personally don't care much for many of the American ladies I left behind.

3. I've learned better Thai, she's learned much better English.

4. After 10 years of being together we understand each other pretty well, better than I ever had with an older western lady.

5. Values and morals are not much different, we are both good people and that's the important part.

6. My energy levels are actually much higher than hers, I don't mind going on a long walk on hot days, she doesn't care for being outside in the heat.

Money: We share most of our money, I certainly do not spoil her. She has no gold, no fancy designer bags or clothing and she understands the value in not buying those things.

Sex, Nursing: I've had plenty of sex back in the states, I didn't need to come here for it. She does take care of me pretty well, however, no different than my mother took care of my father. We were both brought up that way and she enjoys seeing me happy, and I her.

So, next time you guys want to know why someone is with someone else, why don't you just ask them?

Apart from money as a reason, there's only one other reason possible: More money.

Apart from money as a reason, there's only one other reason possible: More money.

I suppose that you have bucket loads of $$$ & spend it on ???

Who cares if they are happy and if not its none of our business.

One of the smartest replies to date.

And why is this any different or worse than arranged marriages on certain cultures? Often teen girls and older men. This at least is consensual with either party free to leave at any time. And of course there is economic motive for poor girls to seek well-off men as husbands. Happens across most countries in the world!

let me guess ..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ whistling.gif certainly not for the good looks.

let me guess ..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ whistling.gif certainly not for the good looks.

I just don't understand - my wife is always telling me that I am handsum man. Why is that?

The foreign husband offers security and the Thai female offers long term care of the foreign husband.

Most sensible answer so far!