Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs?

fang37

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40 years difference is insane and pathetic .....and a everyone in that kind of marriage needs urgent counseling...but I know many couples with 25 years difference in age that REALLY are in very successful and loving marriages...with one detail. They live in the US, are very active couples, and the Thai girl becomes very "American", learning and enjoying very much the language, the customs, and the culture..

Without a very good communication and understanding, any marriage is just an exchange of convenience, with or without big difference in age, and in any country. The questions is...Why to get married with your housekeeper or your sexual partner.....getting worry with dishonesty, cheating, money, other people's relatives, intrigues, etc, etc, and losing the freedom of a single man life?

Doesn't make sense to me. .

Only LOVE... will make the needs to chose. Being in a marriage without real love.... it is a lot worst than to being alone, at any age. But....feeling alone in Thailand? ....How?... Why?

Here... it is not easy to find the right lifetime companion, but....you can have the best of the 2 worlds while looking...and being alone may be not so bad... not bad at all. My opinion.....

aha ... finally we have the cut off point to when the age difference is acceptable ....... is that only for marriage or is a bigger difference acceptable if you don't marry ?

I prefer percentages.

If you're 40yo and your gf is 20yo, then you're 100% older than her.

If you're 60yo and she's 40yo, then you're only 50% older.

I am 67yo - wife is 36yo. We have been together for 11 years. She has no Chinese blood.

When you was 36 did you want to bonk a 67 year old woman ? No its disgusting. When you was 25 did you want to bonk a 56 year old hag ? Disgusting

No, but when i was 18-19-20 i had the hots for older women in their late 30s early 40s. Before the term <deleted> had been invented.

Security only security, old man has worked all his life, builds a house, gets a pension, marries Thai lady then when the old man leaves our planet she most likely gets it all, and the house will cost alot more than aything they could ever provide.

Not such a bad thing, the old man is happy for his retirement years much more so than back home where it most probably cold and shitty and feels lonely and what does he need any assets for when he's in wooden box.

Right on....."There are no shops in heaven"...and at home he would be invisible to most people while sitting at the fire waiting to die. A young or older Thai wife beats a Nursing Home any day and she is happy with the situation where she might have a chance of making something of her life in the now and after he moves on.

I'm surprised the moderators hadn't shut this down at the beginning.People must have a lot of time on their hands to read and answer.

This is a refreshing positive thread, and then a man or what ever makes such a negative comment, seems he with 2391 recorded posts has too much time on his hands

I am one of those old folks 71 who has a wife 30 yrs younger, but then I have sufficient money, and most the negative ones are really jealous, we need to pray for them all

I have been married here seven years best everything, love, sex companionship looked after like a king, long may it continue

I have tried a few marriages before :

No 1 USA wife 13 yrs real bitch no sex, after the two children born, seven years older than me, catholic, married at united nations New York

After wife number one I had been successful enough business wise to retire, I thought for a few years but it became permanent with the help of the world stock markets

No 2 from UK upper class very loving but manic depressive, 12 yrs also very loving, one day she just got off our yacht ( we had travelled the world both on our own bat and upmarket cruise liners) and went home never even knew she was not happy, same age as me C of E Married in London

Number 3 well the monster from hell Russian/ Israeli, lasted one year she tried to have me executed by mob friends, had me incarcerated in Israeli jail without access to lawyer or British embassy, I escaped to hospital by cutting myself so badly the prison had to take me to hospital to avoid me dying.

The witch with the help of Israeli government stole 90% of my world wide assets, (she was jewish I was not) ten years younger than me Married in Florida, took my yacht to live in Israel, and bought property there, close to Gaza, used to hear the bombs going over most days !!

At 61 I was near broke, came to Thailand, went back to trading the world stock markets, lived in one bedroom

Today two houses we built six rai of land, never been happier, and I have the experience from the past, and what we have today is substantially due to young wife without whose help I could not have achieved this

Apologies to the negative ones but you can make your own luck, with a positive outlook

What I don’t understand is why people get upset over other people’s relationships? Who should care if a couple’s age difference is one year or forty years? Who should care if someone marries for love or money? How can anyone possibly presume to know if any other couple is happy or not? Why should anyone outside the couple care? These people who say “it’s disgusting” should examine themselves to find out why it bothers them so. To make judgments about other people’s relationships is the height of arrogance and ignorance.

At present, I am enduring the problems associated with having a broken leg. "Nursing" care I receive is superb. The care from from the entire neighbourhood - similar.

Recollections of my native country - don;t even say "hello" to your neighbour.

Nursing homes/retirement villages - no thank you.

I think lots of cultural bias and "My farang culture views on marriage are right and theirs are wrong". Seems in West marriage equation puts "Love" as over riding factor, and farther down the list somewhere is "security", which may mean financial, or fidelity, or whatever. Probably much more common and accepted cultural value here is security, which farangs are more likely to provide. This can also often include fidelity, especially if farang is older. Too many stories of Thai husbands just walking out the door once Thai wife hits a certain age. I would also hazard that perhaps lower percentage of drunks and beatings of spouse.

Oh yes, in West we have cultural bias against large age differences, but that is okay, that is "natural and correct", which is what most think their culture represents.

I'm surprised the moderators hadn't shut this down at the beginning.People must have a lot of time on their hands to read and answer.

This is a refreshing positive thread, and then a man or what ever makes such a negative comment, seems he with 2391 recorded posts has too much time on his hands

I am one of those old folks 71 who has a wife 30 yrs younger, but then I have sufficient money, and most the negative ones are really jealous, we need to pray for them all

I have been married here seven years best everything, love, sex companionship looked after like a king, long may it continue

I have tried a few marriages before :

No 1 USA wife 13 yrs real bitch no sex, after the two children born, seven years older than me, catholic, married at united nations New York

After wife number one I had been successful enough business wise to retire, I thought for a few years but it became permanent with the help of the world stock markets

No 2 from UK upper class very loving but manic depressive, 12 yrs also very loving, one day she just got off our yacht ( we had travelled the world both on our own bat and upmarket cruise liners) and went home never even knew she was not happy, same age as me C of E Married in London

Number 3 well the monster from hell Russian/ Israeli, lasted one year she tried to have me executed by mob friends, had me incarcerated in Israeli jail without access to lawyer or British embassy, I escaped to hospital by cutting myself so badly the prison had to take me to hospital to avoid me dying.

The witch with the help of Israeli government stole 90% of my world wide assets, (she was jewish I was not) ten years younger than me Married in Florida, took my yacht to live in Israel, and bought property there, close to Gaza, used to hear the bombs going over most days !!

At 61 I was near broke, came to Thailand, went back to trading the world stock markets, lived in one bedroom

Today two houses we built six rai of land, never been happier, and I have the experience from the past, and what we have today is substantially due to young wife without whose help I could not have achieved this

Apologies to the negative ones but you can make your own luck, with a positive outlook

interesting story ... but I gotta ask what the hell led you to marrying an Israeli / Russian for god sake ... you were asking for trouble from day one in my books although easy to say that .. I wasn't you and things don't turn out as they should have ...

'Number 3 well the monster from hell Russian/ Israeli, lasted one year she tried to have me executed by mob friends, had me incarcerated in Israeli jail without access to lawyer or British embassy, I escaped to hospital by cutting myself so badly the prison had to take me to hospital to avoid me dying.

The witch with the help of Israeli government stole 90% of my world wide assets, (she was jewish I was not) ten years younger than me Married in Florida, took my yacht to live in Israel, and bought property there, close to Gaza, used to hear the bombs going over most days !! '

glad to hear it's worked out ok now.

Naturally, this thread invites banter.

In my native country, dating a lady 10 years younger may well be the limit re age disparity.

Having lived in the North for 13 years, I have witnessed ladies in their late 30s - early 40s being ruthless in their pursuit of a new husband. There were some Chinese-Thai included.

They place their sons in the wat for care; consume a considerable amount of alcohol

Each lady of Chinese heritage had been adversely affected by the Global Financial Crisis.

For me it was fate - the law of attraction & a touch of ego?

I have read and re-read this post above- it makes no sense whatsoever are you answering a different forum because I don't see this correlation to anything else that has been posted ................... the subject is 'why young Isaac ladies marry old faring' not chinese thais putting their kids in a temple. disconnection between thought process and keyboard??coffee1.gif

BTW having lived in 37 countries since I was 18 yo, its common for every Asian, North, South S East, Pacific islander, for younger women to marry older men for a lot of the same reasons previously posted = mostly for prestige and financial security...........thumbsup.gif

I am 67yo - wife is 36yo. We have been together for 11 years. She has no Chinese blood.

When you was 36 did you want to bonk a 67 year old woman ? No its disgusting. When you was 25 did you want to bonk a 56 year old hag ? Disgusting

One of the greatest descriptions of the difference between men and women:

Men love with their eyes, women love with their heart.

That said, clearly the reason most of these younger women select an old man is for money and/or perceived security, as many have already indicated. More often then not, the girl is more interested in her family than in herself. Personal experience has demonstrated that often these relationships will evolve a love, as often happens when two people share their life together. You might say it is more the love a daughter would have for her father, but it is more complex than that.

I believe the success rate is probably about average. Being based on money, which is a little more reliable than love, it might be higher, but cultural differences knock that down a bit. But the simple fact that the time horizon is typically much shorter, there is less time for failure. If both parties have a realistic view of what is going on (in other words, the old guy does not stupidly believe this girl has fallen for him like she might for Tom Cruise, and the girl is not trying to grab all of the guy's money for nothing in return), the chance for success is higher.

Those of us who are actually living our lives do not have the time to judge everyone else.

as long as the guy takes care of her, her kids and family, buys her a house and car and never runs out of money, she will keep him around. I made the mistake of running out of money building a house that cost more than 4 times its original estimate, ... a few weeks later she was gone

the answer is easy because they are poor and lot are uneducated ,and they think we are rich ,blame the government for the low education standards and not stopping all the scams involving ladies /ladyboys and young boys

I try not to judge anyone, not my business. I see nothing wrong with relationships between two people who are in the same league. What I mean by that is if an older guy is in good shape, good looking, carries himself well and is secure then I see no problem with him being with a lovely legal young Thai lady. On the other hand if I see a fat, sloppy, ugly older Farang with the same lady I feel a little bit of disgust.

But I can say the same about a fat, sloppy, ugly young Farang being with a lovely Thai girl, I feel the same disgust.

Beautiful people are beautiful at any age and ugly people are ugly at any age. Best not to mix the two :)

But.... Live and let live.

I try not to judge anyone, not my business. I see nothing wrong with relationships between two people who are in the same league. What I mean by that is if an older guy is in good shape, good looking, carries himself well and is secure then I see no problem with him being with a lovely legal young Thai lady. On the other hand if I see a fat, sloppy, ugly older Farang with the same lady I feel a little bit of disgust.

But I can say the same about a fat, sloppy, ugly young Farang being with a lovely Thai girl, I feel the same disgust.

Beautiful people are beautiful at any age and ugly people are ugly at any age. Best not to mix the two smile.png

So which are you?

Observation -in the North, there is not a surplus of affluent men.

Older men - everywhere.

$$$ matters. Of course it does. But, for the discerning lady, $$$ is not everything.

A reasonable amount of $$$ supplemented by honesty, integrity, affection, caring nature DO MATTER TOO.

Beautiful people are beautiful at any age and ugly people are ugly at any age. Best not to mix the two smile.png

So which are you?
let's just say I am not ugly, fat or sloppy.... My young lovely gf thinks I am the most handsome man in the world.... Hahaha.... Maybe she's right :) but maybe she needs glasses :(

I guess you could say that who the hell cares. As long as Isaan wifey and old farang are both happy then so what - age is just a number right.

My opinion is that it is all about security, not necessarily money.

Even a life with an old skint farang in Isaan where she can still eat som tam and nam pla raa every day is better than life with a skint Thai bloke her same age.

And it's also better than the other alternatives of working 16 hour days in some factory, working in a rice paddy or working the bars in Pattaya.

However, if old farang happens to have a bit of cash in his back pocket and is willing to shower her in gold, iPhones, cars, houses and god knows whatever else then Isaan wifey must wake up thinking she's won the lottery everyday. All them trips to the temple weren't in vain after all.

I recognise that people marry for different reasons. Having recently relocated from Chiang Mai to Isaan, I observe this occurrence often. I do not mean a 10 year age gap - more a 40 year age gap.

Naturally, $$$ (lack thereof) is a reason.

Other reasons?

The success rate of such a relationship compared to the average?

Who cares? When it comes down to it, someone else's life means very little to mine or my family.

Why ask why?

They'll be able to buy gold, or just be given it, along with a house in their own name, monthly salary many times that of the minimum wage. Then they'll only have to sleep with them once a week or so. For a few years. then they might even get a pension.

coffee1.gif

You may be surprised at the number of times the young lady may have to sleep with the old geezer. Sexual dysfunction has a lot to do with the partner. If the partner is old and unattractive, the sex drive diminishes; however, if they are young and sexy, the old boy raises his head and opens his eye. At least, that's what they tell me.

Many farang gray beards want a change from their working lives and their home-country families for their final years. The kids are usually grown and gone; the spouses are divorced, dead, or no longer compatible; and the finances are sufficient to try anew. A new arrangement is often the key to a happier existence. As the Thais say, um mia pai tern.

The only problem I see is if the benefits are one-sided--if the young gf/wife only wants the money and does not care for the old fart. Whatever the geriatric gives in assets, he usually considers well spent, if the gf/wife provides him the care he desires.

"Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs"

has relevance to this thread.

All of us aspire for the highest but few achieve it.

How many Thais do you know that have risen to the top of Maslow's pyramid, self-actualization? In my opinion, not many as most are still concerned with survival on a day to day basis...

Yes, but for a house and acre of land or a 4 year scholarship I'd of boink the hell out of her.

Archived