Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs?

fang37

They marry guys older than their fathers. The newly married foreigner is older than the father in law....what sort of family dynamic is that..very odd....

Financial dynamics , is a far better option .and more sustainable.

Euro excempt . Greece , ugh . krap. wai2.gif

Farlang , USA and UK good man , can take care good , of the bar girl,, aka lady .cheesy.gif

Need you , so mush . LOL giggle.gif

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not very relevant but still very funny.

Had one staff working for me, whose sister was married to an old Norwegian guy.

Guy was around 80, sister was just under 40.

My staff, was always there to help the sister and from my understanding guy was a real a$$, always drunk, and verbally abusive.

Anyhow, she husband got very sick and docs advised he did not have much time left, his son flew in.

My staff, left work without any notice, along with sister to babysit the son.

Behind my back, she did tell another staff she was leaving and did not care because guy would be dead shortly and she be able to split the money with sister.

Cut the story short, son sold everything after father's death, gave wife and sister 100 baht each and sent them off.

In fairness, the 2 sisters really did look after the old man well, but i guess the gold digging plan did not work out

This may be repetitious but my observation in the Noh is that -

Thai ladies marry their Dream (Thai)

Have a baby

He flits off

Now what?

Security is paramount - family, self & children

Will Thai men take her on?

Then, why not take on an older farang?

On the surface, that strategy seems to be the obvious solution

However, it is not that simple of course

We all have an agenda.

A tech college course in farang mariage management?

Pre-marriage counselling?

I really get a kick out of seeing a younger Thai lady & older farang husband seemingly enjoying the encounter.

Young Isaan ladies probably have two main options in marriage:

Option A – marry young Isaan man who has no money and wants lots of boom boom and will likely not be loyal and will sleep with other young Isaan ladies and has a high likelihood to run away at some point.

Option B – marry old farang man who has lots of money and doesn’t need much boom boom and will likely be loyal and not sleep with other young Isaan ladies and will likely stay around until he dies.

I think many young Isaan ladies will choose Option B.

This may be repetitious but my observation in the Noh is that -

Thai ladies marry their Dream (Thai)

Have a baby

He flits off

Now what?

Security is paramount - family, self & children

Will Thai men take her on?

Then, why not take on an older farang?

On the surface, that strategy seems to be the obvious solution

However, it is not that simple of course

We all have an agenda.

A tech college course in farang mariage management?

Pre-marriage counselling?

I really get a kick out of seeing a younger Thai lady & older farang husband seemingly enjoying the encounter.

Same Same ,

I enjoy every Majic moment/ movement , from my young thai wife .

poetry in motion ,I lucky I can afford my beautiful young lady .

Much better than being a grumpy, and bored ,to death ,Hi so , old fart farlang.

RIP , kap

Would I marry a bar-girl? Probably not - logic - against the odds.

Would I remarry? My track record suggests - No.

Why? A feeling of imprisonment.

I have been with the same lady for 11 years - no formal papers - but to me we are "married" by choice. To me, that is a good deal.

Having read so many "for the money" & "poor education" comments ...

Wife (55) has a niece, late 20's, who want's a farang husband -- "like loong klikster". facepalm.gif

Mother (my SIL) is Isaan, father from wealthy Supan Buri Chinese family. She is quite an attractive and personable young woman -- master's degree in computer science, works as a computer programmer for the health ministry in BKK. She has a new car and her own home.

FWIW, I'm pushing 75 and a fair bit overweight.

It ain't all about $$$$$$ every time.

So the niece wants a 50+ year old farang husband, does she? If not then I'm not sure what the point of the anecdote is.

OP in your opening post you state you have moved from Chiang Mai to Issan

Quote " I recognise that people marry for different reasons. Having recently relocated from Chiang Mai to Isaan, I observe this occurrence often. I do not mean a 10 year age gap - more a 40 year age gap."

In another post in Chiang Rai forum you say

Quote I use 3BB in Fang. It is 10Mbps & costs B590/mth. For personal usage only, enough - no downloading of movies or playing games. I would look at TRUE & AIS also. AIS has just introduced a better deal than 3BB.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/841754-internet-speeds-in-cr/

Fang is a very long way from Issan.

My question is if you live in Fang how are you an expert in what happens in Issan.

ripstanley

I do live in Fang - Nthn LOS - not in Isaan. Where did I post that I live in Isaan?

I trust that this assists.

Reread your first post; " Having recently relocated from Chiang Mai to Isaan,". Are you just trying to stir up some sh*t?

I stand corrected! Relevance?

Does that infer that I have no posting rights on this thread? ie unless you have lived in Isaan for a substantial period of time, you are prohibited from sharing experiences here?

No similarities between the North & NE?

You are the ONLY member who has made a fuss of my physical location.

No need for further comment from me.

Money, VISA, ur , olur money fxxxcks them not U, or us!!! Dont believe any Thai Lady!

I find your post quite offensive and maybe in your case/experience that is true, but then you just label ALL Thai women because of YOUR bad experience? including my wife? and the various Thai women I am friends with? well my friend, one day you might learn all women are unique human beings regardless of where they are from... UK, Thailand, Russia.... Timbucktoo. One day you will pull your head out of your arse and relies that and you might have better luck with the ladies aye?

I stand corrected! Relevance?

Does that infer that I have no posting rights on this thread? ie unless you have lived in Isaan for a substantial period of time, you are prohibited from sharing experiences here?

No similarities between the North & NE?

You are the ONLY member who has made a fuss of my physical location.

No need for further comment from me.

My wife is Isaan and she probably has a higher IQ than the majority of the numpty <deleted> posting on here, in fact I am sure she does. God knows how some of you even get a women never mind a good looking Thai women.

---

Sure agreed, it can be an eye opener see`ing an 80 year old with a 25 year old, and sure you can get the impression it is solely based on money, but that's assuming someone you know nothing about... but a. it is none of your business, b. some relationships are actually based on love you know? even with the age difference? sure some are based on money... but I know couples in the UK based on money.... c. if they are happy who cares?... so stop referring to this as just a Thai thing... I know several couples in Thailand where the man is alot older than his wife, and if they are happy and not interfering with your life, keep your nose out. I am not old luckily but I have respect for my elders and respect for other peoples lives/relationships... things are not always black and white, sometimes I get wound up with how people can just put everyone in the same box, in my view that is where discrimination stems from and if this was my forum you'd be off it.

I remember when I got with my Mrs, I had various mates in the UK saying 'ahhh shes Thai, just after your money blah blah' 3 years later I have a beautiful son, a house, car which we have BOTH paid for and we are both very happy so god knows how shit my life would be if I had listened to such people.

Get a life and stop blabbing on about others peoples life's who you know nothing about...

Rant over.

Many seem to forget it is considered a status symbol in most of SE Asia to even have a farang friend or acquaintance. Not good grounds for marriage but that plays a big part in creating the desire on the girls part. Of course money and security but again this is central to Asian matrimonial culture. I live in Isaan and I see first hand the gene pool the girls here can select from. Lady next door just promised her 14yo girl to a 32yo thai man providing he can come up with 200kthb by New Years.

Many seem to forget it is considered a status symbol in most of SE Asia to even have a farang friend or acquaintance. Not good grounds for marriage but that plays a big part in creating the desire on the girls part. Of course money and security but again this is central to Asian matrimonial culture. I live in Isaan and I see first hand the gene pool the girls here can select from. Lady next door just promised her 14yo girl to a 32yo thai man providing he can come up with 200kthb by New Years.

Faring status symbol - what a load of rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faring status symbol - what a load of rubbish

You never know. Things might change, and some day it might become a status symbol NOT to be dependant on a Farang.

Ryanhull,agree with you 100%. My Thai wife has a Tourism degree and we've been together for 6 years .She gave birth to a beautiful son four weeks ago and we can't be happier.

I met her in Chiang Mai six years ago where she was working as a tour guide whilst I was teaching at a college.

Told her upfront that I'm not rich but can take care of her but not her family and sick buffalo.

It's not all about the money... And if it is you looked for her in the wrong place.Thailand has more good girls than bad ones.

Ryanhull,agree with you 100%. My Thai wife has a Tourism degree and we've been together for 6 years .She gave birth to a beautiful son four weeks ago and we can't be happier.

I met her in Chiang Mai six years ago where she was working as a tour guide whilst I was teaching at a college.

Told her upfront that I'm not rich but can take care of her but not her family and sick buffalo.

It's not all about the money... And if it is you looked for her in the wrong place.Thailand has more good girls than bad ones.

When's the divorce

Teaching at a college - year right

Tour guide - ok

Whatever you say!

Please ask your drug dealer to check that shit he's selling you....not good for your pea brain!

+1

Congratulations mate and good luck to you both, <deleted> to the bitter ones on here who are clearly not happy... they like to bring others down with them. Ah well, got to laugh it off.

Have you met them all?

Some here are clearly just trying to pick a fight. Dont feed them with explanations and justifications. The clichéd bargirl only wants man for money crap is getting so old. Everyone's different and in a different situation. If someone's happy they're happy. Someone sitting in Bkk or Pattaya is in another world entirely to the North or North East and you would have no idea of what it is like to live here or what the people or lifestyle is about. Most of the malarkey I read here is so far from my reallity. Thailand doesn't start and finish with soi Nana and Soi 7. The families and ladies where I live are just normal folk.

I love a good story & farangs living or lived in Thai certainly know how to make them up.

I've never met so many talented people. They should write fiction novels & as for the ex special forces from a variety of countries, well, they could form a formidable regiment that could take out many countries

Archived