BKK Police Chief Angered by Breathalyser Test Requests

Lite Beer

BKK Police Chief Angered by Breathalyser Test Requests

By Kaosod Eng.

14369396961436939729l.jpg

Pol.Lt.Gen. Sriwarah Rangsipramkul (center) visits an exhibition about police checkpoint discipline at the Traffic Police Division in Bangkok, 16 October 2014 [Matichon]

BANGKOK — The commander of Bangkok's police force lashed out at volunteer traffic cops who asked him to take a breathalyser test even after he insisted he was not drunk.

Pol.Lt.Gen. Sriwarah Rangsipramkul described the incident to reporters this morning, and said he has now ordered his subordinates to improve the "quality" of traffic officers.

"Recently I passed through a drunk-driving checkpoint. I rolled down my window and told them I hadn’t drunk any alcohol, but the [police] volunteers said, 'you have to take the breathalyzer test,'" Pol.Lt.Gen. Sriwarah recounted. "I told them no five times, but the volunteers wouldn't give in."

Pol.Lt.Gen. Sriwarah said he was off-duty at the time and not wearing a uniform.

"If those volunteers were quality people, and had some wits, they would have realised that I didn't smell of any alcohol. Eventually, I had to tell them who I was and get out of my car and criticise them."

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1436939696

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-07-15

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he had any quality himself then he should have taken the test and commend the volunteers for doing a good job, everyone are equal to the law... but obviously this high ranking officer sees himself above the law.

Herein lies the whole problem. He should be fired for a statement like this but of course he won't.

Fly Thai biz class at the moment and it's full of military families flying free. Nothing changes.

Ah-ha, so the secret phrase is "I have not drunk any alcohol", and we'll be waived through.

This story also proves that volunteer cops are more honest than normal cops.

The volunteer cop should get a promotion, but we all know what will really happen.

If im a top police chef in any country i surely travel with my own private motorcade and stuff like that... with sirens and flashlights and rounded up people around my route... there is absolutely no way anyone would breathalyze me that way for sure! w00t.gif

I don't particularly like the term 'thainess' but the complete arrogant disregard to anything and anyone but yourself and the naive belief that you are above reproach seems to fit very well within the term as does the deluded idiot who uttered them

It must be quite embarrassing for educated Thais as this constant daily proof provided by the so called educated classes, the leaders and the pillars of society must tell them that something is fundamentally very, very wrong here...

Archived