Koh Samui: Sleeping British expat attacked in his garden by another British expat

webfact

British ex-pat attacked in his garden while sleeping by another British ex-pat

British-man-in-Samui-attacked-300x225.jp

KOH SAMUI: -- On Wednesday the 15th of July long term British ex-pat Nolan Pickering was having a nap in his garden in Koh Samui when another British man jumped out from beind his bushes and attacked him. Mr. Pickering was punched in the face by a man wearing a knuckleduster. After the attack Mr. Pickering was rushed to Thai International hospital by friends where he received seven stitches under his eye.

s2.jpg

Mr. Pickering told the Samui Times the attacker was a man he had previously rented a house to. There had been some dispute over rent payments and several months ago he was forced to evict him. Since then he has had several altercations with the man who Mr. Pickering believes is using drugs. “He used a mop head to prize open the barbed wire fence surrounding my garden” Mr. Pickering told our reporter, “he must have been creeping around in the bushes, I was just sleeping in my hammock with my hands behind my head, it was a totally unprovoked attack”. He went on to say “I could have lost my eye, and to make matters even worse my three children, one aged 8 and two aged 5, witnessed the attack, they were completely traumatized by it”.

s3.jpg

The police were called to the scene of the crime, a house on the Ghost Road in Bangrak, and are now looking for British man Mr. Peter Stirling, the owner of Jezebels Bar in Bangrak in connection with the attack.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-07-16

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a coward to attack a man while he is asleep. I sincerely hope he gets more than a 500 baht fine.

Get well soon Nolan and I hope the kids get over the trauma soon with no lasting effects.

This is the trouble with drugs, when innocent people are affected like this. Hope they bang the cowardly attacker up to get him off the streets.

And from now on I refuse to take a photo of anyone unless they are pointing. biggrin.png

What a coward to attack a man while he is asleep. I sincerely hope he gets more than a 500 baht fine.

Get well soon Nolan and I hope the kids get over the trauma soon with no lasting effects.

I cannot think of a safer time to attack someone if I wanted to win though. shame about the kids though

a coward is always a coward! maybe some of you brits should pay a visit to the bar in Bangkok and see if the coward comes out from under his stool!

The guy must be on something to commit such a cowardly attack I hope the full weight of the law comes down on the offender.

“He used a mop head to prize open the barbed wire fence surrounding my garden”-----OP

Another idyllic residence on Kho Samui...............How did they not see him enter from the gun tower.......................coffee1.gif

Sounds like there is more to the story. Perhaps a rental issue, was the damage deposit returned?

Who knows what the full story is. I am sure this guy will be apprehended quickly and we will hear

the reason for this dust-up. Bringing knuckle-dusters to the scene of the crime makes things

appear to be premeditated. whistling.gif

I do not think this is going to end well.

How do you know which Peter Stirling it is ?

I Googled it. All the information you need is resident in the article.

In fact, in Facebook, his link is on top of the list.

as I have stated before we have them all here in Thailand heres one has a barbed wire fence around his garden and the other couldn't pay his rent resorts to violence we don't need these kind of people in Thailand they act the same here as they would in the uk get rid of them asap.

as I have stated before we have them all here in Thailand heres one has a barbed wire fence around his garden and the other couldn't pay his rent resorts to violence we don't need these kind of people in Thailand they act the same here as they would in the uk get rid of them asap.

Agreed.

It takes a special kind of (<><><><><><>) to assault a sleeping person.

The problem comes with the fact that people admire violence. The sooner we rid the world of the warrior breed the better. Turn on any TV set though and the most sought after programs are the violent ones.

I wonder how many folks who read this article said to themselves, "if it was me I would have killed him."

I have survived so many wars but I am not sure if I will survive the peace.

If this guy had followed the #1 Rule in Thailand, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

1. Never buy (or develop) real estate in Thailand.

Why is that....because you might get attacked in your garden if you buy a condo......or a house?

If this guy had followed the #1 Rule in Thailand, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

1. Never buy (or develop) real estate in Thailand.

So you think renting all your life here? Then not leave your wife and kids anywhere to live after you have gone? Seems a bit selfish to me....

A guy wrote yesterday that he had rented a house from this guy and also had major problems. He had tried to keep the guys deposit for no reason and tried to say the guy owed him money for rent when the guy had paid months in advance. Someone is not telling the whole story!!

A guy wrote yesterday that he had rented a house from this guy and also had major problems. He had tried to keep the guys deposit for no reason and tried to say the guy owed him money for rent when the guy had paid months in advance. Someone is not telling the whole story!!

Maybe Nolan isn't as innocent as he makes out but that is not justification for attacking a sleeping man.

Maybe Nolan isn't as innocent as he makes out but that is not justification for attacking a sleeping man.

This is true. Especially in front of the guys kids and with a knuckleduster!! Place is full of headcases!!

Hence im selling up!!

Sounds like there is more to the story. Perhaps a rental issue, was the damage deposit returned?

Who knows what the full story is. I am sure this guy will be apprehended quickly and we will hear

the reason for this dust-up. Bringing knuckle-dusters to the scene of the crime makes things

appear to be premeditated. whistling.gif

Nah mate, not premeditated...he just happened to have a broom handle and knuckleduster on him when he went round for a cozy afternoon drink and chat.

Archived