Koh Samui: Sleeping British expat attacked in his garden by another British expat

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a cut under one eye.

Pretty poor result if that's all the damage that it did after using a knuckle duster on him.

Particularly if he was asleep at the time and not defending himself. We have only heard one side of the story here so you can bet there is a dodgy landlord withholding deposit leading to confrontation and minor scuffle to counter what we have heard so far.

Unfortunately in Thailand, it's other Farang one has to be weary of as you never know what kind of drama or mischief they will cause.

Often wonder if these are the same type of low lifes that enjoy bashing the citizens of their adopted country.

If this guy had followed the #1 Rule in Thailand, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

1. Never buy (or develop) real estate in Thailand.

And because you're dumb enough to believe your own words, you are still riding a Honda Click which you park in front of your rented shag, while I can decide (depending on the weather) if I take my Fortuner or my Harley out today while sipping a perfectly brewed Cappucino by the pool of my Hilltop Villa enjoying the breathtaking view over Thailand's West Coast. But you're correct in a way, you certainly would not have made a positive impact on Thailand's property market if you ever would have entered the property business here, so I am happy you stayed out of it while I took my chances and succeeded smile.png

It's amazing that i have lived 25 years of my life abroad and nobody has ever leaped out from behind a bush and attacked me during my afternoon snooze....

But then i do not get involved with " Riff Raff "

Get Well Soon.

F.J xwub.png

Tell you what, if the attacker was indeed using a duster, and I've no reason to believe he wasn't, he's very, very lucky not to have sustained more serious injuries.

Nonetheless, it was a despicable and lowly attack. Pity his kids had to witness that. What a tramp the attacker must be. A real class act.

If this guy had followed the #1 Rule in Thailand, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

And because you're dumb enough to believe your own words, you are still riding a Honda Click which you park in front of your rented shag, while I can decide (depending on the weather) if I take my Fortuner or my Harley out today while sipping a perfectly brewed Cappucino by the pool of my Hilltop Villa enjoying the breathtaking view over Thailand's West Coast. But you're correct in a way, you certainly would not have made a positive impact on Thailand's property market if you ever would have entered the property business here, so I am happy you stayed out of it while I took my

chances and succeeded smile.png

One of those many dodgy property developers are u, that's prob in hiding now.

Or just dreaming on wot u want to be an have.

Prob the latter.

What a coward to attack a man while he is asleep. I sincerely hope he gets more than a 500 baht fine.

Get well soon Nolan and I hope the kids get over the trauma soon with no lasting effects.

It is disgusting, but why should it be any more than the Thai 500 Baht,

Dlang wrote.

I guess most posters rabidly clicked on it to get in a big sing-song about savage Thais savagely attacking a sleeping farang, only to leave again without posting when it turns out it was a cowardly Brit savage that did it.

There's are 195 other countries on this planet of ours.

I wonder, do you consider any of them to be savages too? Or is this pejorative term reserved exclusively for us "Brits?"

What an loser comment if ever there was one

Say that to the English guy who developed all the Como Group properties in Thailand inc Cape Yamu

The problem comes with the fact that people admire violence. The sooner we rid the world of the warrior breed the better. Turn on any TV set though and the most sought after programs are the violent ones.

I wonder how many folks who read this article said to themselves, "if it was me I would have killed him."

I have survived so many wars but I am not sure if I will survive the peace.

You are so right. And it must be added that some cultures admire violence more than others. Societies where repression (especially self-repression) is high tend to generate hyper violence, due to a simple 'pressure cooker effect'.

Some non British expats on this Forum may also be tempted, on reading the article, to make nasty comments about British expats here in Thailand and the fact that they don't seem to belong to, how shall we say it nicely, the creme de la creme de la British society... but then, isn't that true of all nationalities here ?

Sadly, it must be acknowledged that Thailand tends to not attract the best of people nowadays, full stop, and Thailand ought to ask itself how it came to this, compared to, say, 20 years ago when the image of Thailand around the world was : gentle and smiling people, interesting culture, lovely places, gorgeous beaches, wonderful food, and attractive prices for so much quality. The label is still there, and still widely over-used in travel brochures, but it's just a nice-looking label on an empty bottle...

The problem comes with the fact that people admire violence. The sooner we rid the world of the warrior breed the better. Turn on any TV set though and the most sought after programs are the violent ones.

I wonder how many folks who read this article said to themselves, "if it was me I would have killed him."

I have survived so many wars but I am not sure if I will survive the peace.

You are so right. And it must be added that some cultures admire violence more than others. Societies where repression (especially self-repression) is high tend to generate hyper violence, due to a simple 'pressure cooker effect'.

Some non British expats on this Forum may also be tempted, on reading the article, to make nasty comments about British expats here in Thailand and the fact that they don't seem to belong to, how shall we say it nicely, the creme de la creme de la British society... but then, isn't that true of all nationalities here ?

Sadly, it must be acknowledged that Thailand tends to not attract the best of people nowadays, full stop, and Thailand ought to ask itself how it came to this, compared to, say, 20 years ago when the image of Thailand around the world was : gentle and smiling people, interesting culture, lovely places, gorgeous beaches, wonderful food, and attractive prices for so much quality. The label is still there, and still widely over-used in travel brochures, but it's just a nice-looking label on an empty bottle...

Samui and Phuket are the new Costa Del Sol

Why would you need to have barbed wire around your house..??

I don't know either, but the Thais seem to me to be paranoid about thieves. If they can they'll have a twelve foot wall around their house. Otherwise go for barbed wire. Bars on the windows so you can't get out in case of a fire. This is true everywhere I've lived in Thailand. Makes me think of a Nasruddin story (if you hate Muslims leave now, this is a Sufi story). (Oh, also OT and irrelevant to the thread).

Nasruddin and his wife were abed in the middle of the night when Nasruddin's wife woke him. "Husband, I hear sounds downstairs. I fear it is a burglar." Nasruddin replied, "Hush woman. You know we don't have anything worth stealing. If we stay silent and do not frighten him off, perhaps he will be careless and leave something."

Laughing a bit now ... a Brit tries to possibly kill a sleeping "enemy" ... four pages of comments, and mostly "oh well"

If this was a Thai doing the punching, they would have to redirect the satellites to supply Thai Visa withe the Internet bandwidth to handle the rants.

Amazing Farang.

What a coward.

Mr Pickering. Please let us know his name and address.

Some prick comes in to my garden yielding a knuckle duster will be battered and thrown in to the swamp next door.

Name and business address in the OP (post #1)... whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Please let us know how you get on... gigglem.gif

Laughing a bit now ... a Brit tries to possibly kill a sleeping "enemy" ... four pages of comments, and mostly "oh well"

If this was a Thai doing the punching, they would have to redirect the satellites to supply Thai Visa withe the Internet bandwidth to handle the rants.

Amazing Farang.

Sounds like there is more to the story. Perhaps a rental issue, was the damage deposit returned?

Who knows what the full story is. I am sure this guy will be apprehended quickly and we will hear

the reason for this dust-up. Bringing knuckle-dusters to the scene of the crime makes things

appear to be premeditated. whistling.gif

Which part of this did you not understand?

Mr. Pickering told the Samui Times the attacker was a man he had previously rented a house to. There had been some dispute over rent payments and several months ago he was forced to evict him

This is the trouble with drugs, when innocent people are affected like this. Hope they bang the cowardly attacker up to get him off the streets.

And from now on I refuse to take a photo of anyone unless they are pointing. biggrin.png

You along with all the other arm chair sleuths know nothing, only what you read, you all sound like perfect candidates for the BIB.

Archived