Koh Samui: Sleeping British expat attacked in his garden by another British expat

webfact

If this guy had followed the #1 Rule in Thailand, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

1. Never buy (or develop) real estate in Thailand.

So you think renting all your life here? Then not leave your wife and kids anywhere to live after you have gone? Seems a bit selfish to me....

Gee, you could leave them some money.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a coward is always a coward! maybe some of you brits should pay a visit to the bar in Bangkok and see if the coward comes out from under his stool!

The guy must be on something to commit such a cowardly attack I hope the full weight of the law comes down on the offender.

It may be difficult to find him in Bangkok, I believe the bar was in Bangrak, but don't let a couple of letters spoil your intense investigation.

a coward is always a coward! maybe some of you brits should pay a visit to the bar in Bangkok and see if the coward comes out from under his stool!

The guy must be on something to commit such a cowardly attack I hope the full weight of the law comes down on the offender.

Are you calling all Bits cowards arse wipe?

Do you want my address, or dare you me give me yours?

I will publish mine here if you are interested

or is your favourite colour yellow?

come on big man

8,300 views.

Only 40+ replies.

I guess most posters rabidly clicked on it to get in a big sing-song about savage Thais savagely attcking a sleeping farang, only to leave again without posting when it turns out it was a cowardly Brit savage that did it.

coffee1.gif

Most? I would think only those who cannot read. The head-line plainly said Brit on Brit.

If this guy had followed the #1 Rule in Thailand, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

So you think renting all your life here? Then not leave your wife and kids anywhere to live after you have gone? Seems a bit selfish to me....

Yes, you could leave money, but then they will have to worry all the time if there will be any when you're gone, or even know if if you have money to leave, but the house would be already theirs. Plus, if you only leave them money, say 3-4 million, they will need to use a big chunk of that just to buy a home....what i am trying to say is if you cherish your family, and want the best for them, surely a house is one good way of showing them you care for their future when you are 'toes up'.....i suppose its all down to how much you care for them, i guess...

This is the trouble with drugs, when innocent people are affected like this. Hope they bang the cowardly attacker up to get him off the streets.

And from now on I refuse to take a photo of anyone unless they are pointing. biggrin.png

He said he "thinks" he's on drugs, most likely alcohol as he runs a bar.

Knuckleduster? Who the <deleted> does the proofreading? using drugs. He used a mop head to prize open the barbed wire fence surrounding my garden Mr.Pickering told our reporter. If the reporter would get hit in the eye with a KNUCKLEBUSTER he definitely would know the correct spelling ? and maybe after that he'd be "ed-u-macated" and spell PRY, as in "He used a mop head to pry open the barbed wire fence surrounding my garden" But please don't fire the reporter because that would take all the fun out of reading the news in Thailand.

Yes, you could leave money, but then they will have to worry all the time if there will be any when you're gone, or even know if if you have money to leave, but the house would be already theirs. Plus, if you only leave them money, say 3-4 million, they will need to use a big chunk of that just to buy a home....what i am trying to say is if you cherish your family, and want the best for them, surely a house is one good way of showing them you care for their future when you are 'toes up'.....i suppose its all down to how much you care for them, i guess...

Marrying a woman who has the wherewithal to survive without you may be the best way of knowing your family will do well after you die. Failing that, sending your spouse to school to enable her to get a decent job may be the next best. And, of course having the financial security to leave them independent is the bottom line.

Having a house is merely a stop-gap, especially if your wife has no marketable skills. What happens when they need food, medicine, education expenses, house repairs, tax money, etc. ad infinitim?--the house will be mortgaged to the hilt and most likely lost to the creditors.

Are you calling all Bits cowards arse wipe?

Do you want my address, or dare you me give me yours?

I will publish mine here if you are interested

or is your favourite colour yellow?

come on big man

You may, or may not be ...a good fighter.

One thing for sure ... you suck at reading. No one came close to saying that in this post.

But since it is a good fight you seem to want .. read it again slowly ..

He is saying guys like YOU should make it your business to kick this coward's a**.

Or is your "warrior blood" reserved for the keyboard and a comfortable chair?

Especially considering the guy probably had no legal rights to own the property, run a property renting business and evict a tenant from a property in Thailand. The OP does not explain what methods were used to evict the tenant.

There are always two sides to a story and would be interesting to learn exactly how this state of affairs came about?

Probably the best advice you can give the British male pensioners is to pack up and go home to Ol Blighty. The Poms have constantly been getting into trouble with each other and Asian wives ever since they ditched southern Spain for SEAsia in the early 90's.

If they do leave Thailand they wont be missed. The problem of course is that PM Cameron doesn't want them back.

beware of falang more than thai people biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Traveled the world for 30 years. Had real trouble several times.

Robbery. Assault on my wife. Verbal arguments that came to blows.

100% Farang.

Locals ... Zero.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmmmm"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Probably the best advice you can give the British male pensioners is to pack up and go home to Ol Blighty. The Poms have constantly been getting into trouble with each other and Asian wives ever since they ditched southern Spain for SEAsia in the early 90's.

If they do leave Thailand they wont be missed. The problem of course is that PM Cameron doesn't want them back.

pommiebasher-logo.png

HTH

British ex-pat attacked in his garden while sleeping by another British ex-pat

“He used a mop head to prize open the barbed wire fence surrounding my garden”.

samuitimes-logo.jpg

-- Samui Times 2015-07-16

The wire surrounded the garden not the house. Probably to keep animals out.

Oh and the word "prize" is used correctly here. Def: "To move or force with a lever; pry: prized open the antique chest."

I hope you learn your lessons, you need to learn to have different people around, you need to learn be peace, balance and harmony but peace coming from inside your self , very deep inside you so it is up to you what kind of life you want live for you and your family. . . . . . . .I wish all the best for you and your family

I HOPE YOU LEARN YOUR LESSONS, YOU NEED TO LEARN TO HAVE DIFFERENT PEOPLE AROUND, YOU NEED TO LEARN BE PEACE, BALANCE AND HARMONY BUT PEACE COMING FROM INSIDE YOUR SELF , VERY DEEP INSIDE YOU SO IT IS UP TO YOU WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU WANT LIVE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. . . . . . . .I WISH ALL THE BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

You need to learn what this does:

article-1287733819810-0bb7c454000005dc-8

Especially considering the guy probably had no legal rights to own the property, run a property renting business and evict a tenant from a property in Thailand. The OP does not explain what methods were used to evict the tenant.

There are always two sides to a story and would be interesting to learn exactly how this state of affairs came about?

As far as I know it is legal for property to be held in a company, maybe in his wife's name.

If the tenant had been illegally evicted then he could have gone to the authorities, that of course if he was legal himself...

Now not only are the police looking for the attacker but probably looking closely at the paperwork of his bar.

samuitimes-logo.jpg

Oh and the word "prize" is used correctly here. Def: "To move or force with a lever; pry: prized open the antique chest."

strange any decent person would have knocked on the front door and used bare fists, but that would still be assault.

He used a mop head to prize open the barbed wire fence surrounding my garden.

samuitimes-logo.jpg

Sorry, but you are wrong! In proper English usage:-

" A prize is an award to be given to a person, a group of people, or organization to recognise and reward actions or achievements."

"Definition of prise in English:

verb

[WITH OBJECT AND ADVERBIAL OF DIRECTION]

Use force in order to move, move apart, or open (something):

I tried to prise Joes fingers away from the stick"

Hmmmm....are we sure he was not drinking and passed out....then fell out of the hammock and smashed his face on the concrete ...then jumped up in a daze while believing someone had punched him.....while previously dreaming about the former tenant that he was having a conflict with.

You know .......lots of Booze will do that to some people....lol

Cheers

samuitimes-logo.jpg

My wife and I don`t have barbed wire surrounding our garden. All we have is a normal 1.5 metre brick wall to keep our dogs in at night and keep the neighbors dogs out at night.

During the day our gate is open and at night we close the gate and lock with a small padlock. But on the other hand, I am not involved in anything here, have nothing to hide, get on with our neighbours and don`t have any enemies, so therefore do not have to secure our property like a fortress.

I think it's more selfish to indulge your BIG RICH FARANG EGO and build or buy a McMansion in some tract home development.

Which your wife is just going to liquidate after you're gone and move back to her moo ban, 555.

The kids will be better off living in Grandfather's humble wood & concrete house, close to their cousins. There, they can always mooch some sticky rice and moo ping.

Those suburban McMansion developments have nothing to offer your offspring.

Why not rent or build your own piece of artwork for under 300,000B?

http://tinyhouseblog.com/dome/steves-thailand-dome/

There's no way in hell you're going to be able to buy anything in BKK, Pattaya or Phuket for that.

You're spending your children's inheritance

Knuckleduster? Who the <deleted> does the proofreading? using drugs. He used a mop head to prize open the barbed wire fence surrounding my garden Mr.Pickering told our reporter. If the reporter would get hit in the eye with a KNUCKLEBUSTER he definitely would know the correct spelling and maybe after that he'd be "ed-u-macated" and spell PRY, as in "He used a mop head to pry open the barbed wire fence surrounding my garden" But please don't fire the reporter because that would take all the fun out of reading the news in Thailand.

Knuckleduster is correct.

I think it's more selfish to indulge your BIG RICH FARANG EGO and build or buy a McMansion in some tract home development.

Which your wife is just going to liquidate after you're gone and move back to her moo ban, 555.

The kids will be better off living in Grandfather's humble wood & concrete house, close to their cousins. There, they can always mooch some sticky rice and moo ping.

Those suburban McMansion developments have nothing to offer your offspring.

Why not rent or build your own piece of artwork for under 300,000B?

http://tinyhouseblog.com/dome/steves-thailand-dome/

There's no way in hell you're going to be able to buy anything in BKK, Pattaya or Phuket for that.

You're spending your children's inheritance

You seem to know the wrong sort of ladies mate....if you are married to a bargirl, i could understand your theory, maybe that's the only type of money orientated slags you associate with. So i forgive you for your weaker knowledge of Thai girls. There are some nice ones out there, maybe you should look further than Thai Friendly, and the bars of Pattaya or Nana Plaza.

Sorry that you have a bad impression of all Thai girls, maybe you should go to another country and try your luck there....i feel sorry for you, i really do.

Archived