Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

Tywais

Decided to start a new, clean topic on the new location as the original had a lot of speculation and noise. Now that it is an absolute that immigration will open the new office on the 20th July, Monday, will use this topic for details and members experience with how the new location works and also what is going on at the old location. Note: Off topic and unhelpful posts will be removed to keep this topic clear.

One Stop Service:

Services provided (Ground Floor Building A - see map)
-Retirement
-90 days report
-Tourist Visa
-Medical Case
-Re-entry Permit

Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm

Closed Sat, Sun and Public Holidays

Google Map Location

post-566-0-80516600-1437287454_thumb.jpg

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Questions that still need answers to. Hope members will ask immigration for clarification

Mail in 90 day reports - old address or will there be a new one

Extensions based on marriage/work/academics/teachers - The new site says One Stop Service. Marriage is not but the others are one day service so are they all in the old facility?

Residency certificates - At Promenada mall or the location across from Promenada?

Transportation:

Promenada Shuttle Bus Service

Of course red songthaews, tuk-tuks, taxis, private hire are options.

Special Shuttle between old immigration office and new one.

post-566-0-19648700-1437290056_thumb.jpg

Questions that still need answers to. Hope members will ask immigration for clarification

Extensions based on marriage/work/academics/teachers - The new site says One Stop Service. Marriage is not but the others are one day service so are they all in the old facility?

Residency certificates - At Promenada mall or the location across from Promenada?

Transportation:

attachicon.gifImmigration Shuttle Bus service2.jpg

As I understand it the last shuttle is at 12 noon correct? There should be shuttles up until closing time at immigration but I guess beggars cannot be choosers.

Transportation:

As I understand it the last shuttle is at 12 noon correct? There should be shuttles up until closing time at immigration but I guess beggars cannot be choosers.
t

Looks like the Promenada shuttle service starts as the immigration shuttle service finishes so not exactly a problem?

Looks like the shuttle will only be temporary, too. BTW, It is close to 10 Km +/-. Looks like White Songtaew to San Kampaeng would get you within 2 Km...has anyone else considered that as an option from the Old City? Where does "White" originate from in the City?

I know there was some serious panic about whether there would be photo copying service at prom. Looks like you can sleep easy tonight.

Paper work is not my strong point. I hope that they know what to copy for each visa or what ever one is applying for.

I will be applying for a permison to return one time and have my form filled out plus copies of all my past permisions to stay and of course my passport. If I need more I hope they will have the knowledge.

Looks like the shuttle will only be temporary, too. BTW, It is close to 10 Km +/-. Looks like White Songtaew to San Kampaeng would get you within 2 Km...has anyone else considered that as an option from the Old City? Where does "White" originate from in the City?

People should be able to snag a random songtaew and negotiate a price. 2-300 baht maybe?

Another question - if I need to get my extension to stay and my re-entry permit moved from my old passport to my new passport will it be the old immigration office or the new one?

Go to the old office first, unless you live near the new one.

Another question - if I need to get my extension to stay and my re-entry permit moved from my old passport to my new passport will it be the old immigration office or the new one?

Wait until the end of today by which time it is highly likely someone will have posted the real answer.

Wait until the end of today by which time it is highly likely someone will have posted the real answer.

When I had my permission to stay moved from my old passport to my new one it was a one day thing. Actually only including wait time took about 2 hours. Bur we all know that can change a lot going either way.

I sent my 90 day report via EMS from Lamphun last Friday July 17th to the old Immigration address and said I'd follow up on the EMS tracking. My 90 day report EMS package was accepted with signature this morning July 20th between 9am and 11am at the old address. Now to see how long it takes to come back. I'll keep this updated.

Transportation:

t

Looks like the Promenada shuttle service starts as the immigration shuttle service finishes so not exactly a problem?

I don't think that very many folk have a reason to complain. There ain't no shuttle to my village 70 km South of the Promenade. Buy a motorcycle, bicycle, rent a tuk tuk, songtaw, start a car pool, make a meeting via Meetup.org, call Lanna Care dot Net. There is more than one solution out there. Especially for people not living out in South Lamphun or Lampang provinces or other places out in the rice paddies of rural Thailand nowhere-ville. You think you have issues? Think again. So "Don't Worry; Be Happy."

"But but, I live on Moon Muang and its like a major inconvenience to find transport to that 'way out of the way' Promenade."

coffee1.gif ZZZZzzzzzzzz <falling of deaf ears; you have options that many of us do not>

You think that you have it tough.

I live in Fang - 150km from CNX.

They have a local I/O for 90 reporting

We have to drive 6km - park right outside. 99% of clientele are Burmese. Directly after lunch, empty!

No retirement visa extensions so it is necessary to come to CNX once per year.

We are suffering!

dont worry be happy i live in chiang dao 1h30 bus to come immigration 555+

You absolutely have my utmost respect and sympathy. It's not like Immigration couldn't have small offices in each province; it's they choose not to.

Which makes me believe we're on the social strata between dogs, buffaloes, and criminals. Well, unless you're a 'connected' foreigner.

I've got an appointment for early-October, on the fixed-time-appointment system, to get my annual-extension based on retirement.

Will that be at the new One-Stop Promenada-office, or the old location, can anybody tell me ?

I've got an appointment for early-October, on the fixed-time-appointment system, to get my annual-extension based on retirement.

Will that be at the new One-Stop Promenada-office, or the old location, can anybody tell me ?

Retirement extensions are done at the new Promenada office.

We had one poster note the crowd in the morning and the unusual number of people who had to have their hand held.

How was it in the Afternoon. Did any one note how many permission to stay a year were given out? They try for 50 a day.

Was there any extra staff such as three for the permission to stay rather than the two. Do they have room for more staff?wai.gif

A friend called to report on how his retirement extension was processed this morning. He had an appointment and the Immigration officer was 20 minutes late in calling his name, but apologized for being late. He said there was only one I/O for each function -- one for retirement extensions, one for 90 day reports, one for re-entry permits and they didn't have assistants like they did at the old office. Customers have to wait outside in the heat and there aren't enough chairs. He wondered how people without appointments were even being seen -- at best the one officer could handle maybe one between appointments.

His appointment was at 10:30 and he was told to come back after lunch to pick up his passport.

He wasn't asked to provide any proof of address.

They did have a couple of interns screening documents, but they missed a copy that he needed. He also heard them tell someone that doing a retirement extension counts as doing a 90-day report. Wrong!

He says the new office is very clean and uncluttered. I guess that's nice anyway.

I went to Promanada to do a 90 day report yesterday. My first one. There were a few snafus. When I went to the first desk I was issued a wrong color card for 90 day reporting. Once I got this figured out I got a green colored card. When I got to the desk and since it was my first time reporting I needed a form (TM 48 I think ....verifiying my residence at the guesthouse I stay) so I was shifted to another desk. I think the immigration people call and verify that you actually live where you reported. But I could be wrong ..just what I was told. When that was completed I went back to the 90 day line.

The girl at the residency desk did not tell any of use that we would need to have our paperwork from the residency desk copied so the first person back to 90 day was told... and then 5 or so of us headed to the copy shop. Then back and completed.

I arrived at 12:15pm and was issued a number. Was told to come back after 1pm. About 1:30 or so I figured out I had the wrong color and swaped it out for the correct one. About 2:30 or 2:45 I got to 90 desk and was sent to 'housemaster' desk. then back to 90 day around 3:45. Completed and out the door a litle before 4pm. Effectively 3 hours total. Those with 90 day reporting only (no residency thing) were in and out in 1 to 1.5 hours total if they came in right after lunch.

One big issue I encountered had nothing to do with immigration. There were no red trucks outside to hitch a ride back to the Old City. sad.png Across the superhighway at the other immigration they were plenty of red trucks)

I lived in Los Angeles for years. Going here and doing the 90 day report was no worse then going to the DMV for a drivers license. But I will do my reports be mail from now on if I can.

A friend called to report on how his retirement extension was processed this morning. He had an appointment and the Immigration officer was 20 minutes late in calling his name, but apologized for being late. He said there was only one I/O for each function -- one for retirement extensions, one for 90 day reports, one for re-entry permits and they didn't have assistants like they did at the old office. Customers have to wait outside in the heat and there aren't enough chairs. He wondered how people without appointments were even being seen -- at best the one officer could handle maybe one between appointments.

His appointment was at 10:30 and he was told to come back after lunch to pick up his passport.

He wasn't asked to provide any proof of address.

They did have a couple of interns screening documents, but they missed a copy that he needed. He also heard them tell someone that doing a retirement extension counts as doing a 90-day report. Wrong!

He says the new office is very clean and uncluttered. I guess that's nice anyway.

90 day reports can be done by mail if online doesn't work. Re entry permits are done at the airport. That would free all i/o to do the real stuff.

Is the I/O near the CNX airport closing after Promenada opens?

The one at the airport is still open for some services and no indication if or when they will transfer all functions to the new facility. Talk on Thaivisa (rumors) is the new facility will be rebuilt, but that is not a certainty at the moment. If so, then the services there will have to move to another location.

Any chance of starting a thread to give experiences at the new office. 31 posts and about two people who had been there and one who talked to some one on the phone. Might as well start up a hamburger thread will get more responses about them than this thread is getting about it's subject. Count me in. You now have 33 posts.

Archived