Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

Tywais

I'm quoting the post a mod made in the other topic. Post removed for the same reason.

Spreading rumors about visa shop ownership is not a wise idea, in fact could be considered as defamation and in violation of forum rule:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai Visa I had my doubts even before Malaysian airline disaster the copy’s of stolen identity copy’s passports that come from Thailand, and as I have seen thuggish behavior even an assault on an elderly tourists in the visa queue by a local guy and 3 other local people standing next to them, joined in to intimidate the old guy. Later on I overheard a tourist standing not far from where the assault took place say I am waiting for my lawyer to represent me I never do nothing here on my own. But what surprised me the most what looked like a local guy turned up to possibly talk on behalf of his US client, this local guy he also new the thug stand over that was intimidating the elderly white gentleman that was waiting for some sort of visa.

I have read comments about the possibility of the postal service for 90-day reporting in CM being removed. Has this already been executed?

I have reported by post many times [EMS both ways] and never more than four working days for the confirmation to be on its way back to me.

This time [well within the available 'window'] my submission was confirmed on Thai Post tracking as being received 20th August. No sign yet of a return being sent. For sure it's only six working days and the Promenada queue frustrations have probably caused more to use the postal option but .............................

Is it simply my turn to draw the short straw [and my envelope has slipped off the pile into never-never land] or has anyone else using the CM post option experienced similar protracted processing times recently?

Stopped by the airport immigration office on Friday and they were very busy, no I/O setting around playing games. The room wasn't as packed with applicants as in the past but still had a crowd of people setting around waiting.

Thai Visa I had my doubts even before Malaysian airline disaster the copy’s of stolen identity copy’s passports that come from Thailand, and as I have seen thuggish behavior even an assault on an elderly tourists in the visa queue by a local guy and 3 other local people standing next to them, joined in to intimidate the old guy. Later on I overheard a tourist standing not far from where the assault took place say I am waiting for my lawyer to represent me I never do nothing here on my own. But what surprised me the most what looked like a local guy turned up to possibly talk on behalf of his US client, this local guy he also new the thug stand over that was intimidating the elderly white gentleman that was waiting for some sort of visa.

Dont know what you mean with Malaysian Airline disaster and passports but here it will never be one on one for sure - the local guy needed backup from 3 others even tho he assaulted an elderly tourist ... very normal but what disgust me is that expats here are so ignorant that they dont even back each other up ... Seems like Thailand attract many expats that dont have any honor or ba11s ... bah.gif

Dont know what you mean with Malaysian Airline disaster and passports but here it will never be one on one for sure - the local guy needed backup from 3 others even tho he assaulted an elderly tourist ... very normal but what disgust me is that expats here are so ignorant that they dont even back each other up ... Seems like Thailand attract many expats that dont have any honor or ba11s ... bah.gif

Glad to see you have found more like you. But the facts are Thailand has many fine upstanding expats. They are smart enough not to go out off their way to piss immigration off. Thailand is to nice a place to get kicked out off because once a year they are inconvenienced or pay some one else to do it for them.

Has any one heard or seen any sign of them building a whole new structure on the airport site? That was one of the rumors from reliable sources.

First go to Prom this week for retirement extension. My second extend-o. But have never driven before to Prom from Maya Mall. Since i'll be departing at 4.45 am and hope to be near the front of the queue, can anyone tell me where best to park the car and find the I/O? I do not want to waste time wandering around a large mall.

Looks like i'll be entering from Hiway 1141 or not. Info helpful, thnx.

I promise a report but no photos.

First go to Prom this week for retirement extension. My second extend-o. But have never driven before to Prom from Maya Mall. Since i'll be departing at 4.45 am and hope to be near the front of the queue, can anyone tell me where best to park the car and find the I/O? I do not want to waste time wandering around a large mall.

Looks like i'll be entering from Hiway 1141 or not. Info helpful, thnx.

I promise a report but no photos.

There is parking beneath Building "B". This will get you directly to the Immigration site. There are signs in the drive areas outside the buildings. These signs can be confusing, though. The Immigration office is directly accessible from the parking area.

Thai Visa I had my doubts even before Malaysian airline disaster the copys of stolen identity copys passports that come from Thailand, and as I have seen thuggish behavior even an assault on an elderly tourists in the visa queue by a local guy and 3 other local people standing next to them, joined in to intimidate the old guy. Later on I overheard a tourist standing not far from where the assault took place say I am waiting for my lawyer to represent me I never do nothing here on my own. But what surprised me the most what looked like a local guy turned up to possibly talk on behalf of his US client, this local guy he also new the thug stand over that was intimidating the elderly white gentleman that was waiting for some sort of visa.

Glad to see you have found more like you. But the facts are Thailand has many fine upstanding expats. They are smart enough not to go out off their way to piss immigration off. Thailand is to nice a place to get kicked out off because once a year they are inconvenienced or pay some one else to do it for them.

Has any one heard or seen any sign of them building a whole new structure on the airport site? That was one of the rumors from reliable sources.

Regarding the new structure at the old airport address has been posted before.The "plan" I was told by the young and helpfull, Imm officer who used to sit just inside the side door was that the new building would cover the existing car park and curent building and be 2 levels. This of course is only speculation or what he has been told. "Its in the planning in Bangkok" has been done to death such as new staff coming soon. They have had 5 years of chaos at the airport address, the wheels of the "planning department" are not in tune with reality.With CM Imm believe it when you see it.

Spreading rumors about visa shop ownership is not a wise idea, in fact could be considered as defamation and in violation of forum rule:

Very curious. Under what circumstances could the identification of the owner of a business be considered defamatory? (rhetorical question)

Very curious. Under what circumstances could the identification of the owner of a business be considered defamatory? (rhetorical question)

I have been wondering about this a bit myself. Some "conspiracy thinkers" always seem to be posting on TV Chiang Mai from time to time. But what actually would be defamatory about asking who is renting the facilities adjacent to the new office? The best way, of course, would be to ask those people directly, especially if you'd like to buy them out.

There is a water course at new immigration, and there is a local Chiang Mai case at the moment in hospital of Malaria, "That is resisted to treatment and is not looking good for the patient", so maybe good idea where long shirt jeans and shoes.

I passed by the Prom imm recently at 3.30 pm. They still had tickets available for 90 day.

The requirement for proof of address/ rent agreement is now written on the photocopied paper at the outside desk stating necessary documents to bring. NB just written in pen, NOT typed. Is this just a C M requirement?

I passed by the Prom imm recently at 3.30 pm. They still had tickets available for 90 day.

The requirement for proof of address/ rent agreement is now written on the photocopied paper at the outside desk stating necessary documents to bring. NB just written in pen, NOT typed. Is this just a C M requirement?

Interesting, I renewed my retirement extension last week and wasn't asked for any such proof of address.

@zziffle. Speculation about the ownership of newly opened businesses near the Immig Office which directly serves the Immig affairs necessarily involves the management of the Immig, which is the military government of Thailand. And since all comments (except those positive and congratulatory) about the government in power are deemed offensive to said powers, whether true or false, this forum cannot permit such comments.

Just like we see in Malaysia now, if the govt in power does not like your comment about the govt performance, you are deemed 'unpatriotic' and subject to punishment. It's the law. No farang can have any influence, even in speaking or writing.

Without straying into the rest of your comments.....

@zziffle. Speculation about the ownership of newly opened businesses near the Immig Office which directly serves the Immig affairs necessarily involves the management of the Immig, which is the military government of Thailand.

Isn't immigration a function/division of police? I could very well be wrong, but I've always though that, and had the idea that whilst the army is the more powerful and influential of the only two gangs in Thailand that the two gangs pretty much keep to their own affairs and don't interfere with the affairs of the other on a kind of gentleman's agreement.

Serious question.

@zziffle. Speculation about the ownership of newly opened businesses near the Immig Office which directly serves the Immig affairs necessarily involves the management of the Immig, which is the military government of Thailand.

Isn't immigration a function/division of police? I could very well be wrong, but I've always though that, and had the idea that whilst the army is the more powerful and influential of the only two gangs in Thailand that the two gangs pretty much keep to their own affairs and don't interfere with the affairs of the other on a kind of gentleman's agreement.

Serious question.

Yes, I'm relatively certain that Immigration is run by the Royal Thai Police.

After reading all the post i am thinking of other options for 1 year & 90 day reporting like local Thai visa service,”We should only give our business to the one Agent that most of us recommend?” so we can Control the Prices. “If we all get together we can make one Visa Service rich, or make it Poor no work no business.

Any idea Guys what sort of credentials do Visa Services need to obtain from the Thai government" before they receive license to handle so many different countries citizens passports?

Serious question.

Immigration Officers are members of the Royal Thai Police and have absolute authority to arrest and imprison based upon their own judgements.

Serious question.

Immigration Officers are members of the Royal Thai Police and have absolute authority to arrest and imprison based upon their own judgements.

I get what you mean but I think there is probably another process or two between arrest and imprisonment.

And I believe there is only one person with absolute authority in Thailand at the moment?

hey guys

i just been to the old immigration airport and it was great

i have my online meeting a 1h30 pm and the officer take the paper at 1h15 pm and at 1h45 got passport back , no have anyone outside and inside really cool just few people

i ask the girl for online meeting she say it gonna back soon when they gonna make the new system

i just get poor of the little girl at the copy photo shop , no one when i arrived lol normal before a long queue lol really good experience thanks you immigration

hey guys

i have my online meeting a 1h30 pm and the officer take the paper at 1h15 pm and at 1h45 got passport back , no have anyone outside and inside really cool just few people

i ask the girl for online meeting she say it gonna back soon when they gonna make the new system

i just get poor of the little girl at the copy photo shop , no one when i arrived lol normal before a long queue lol really good experience thanks you immigration

T

Interesting, signs of a retreat?

Appointments online coming back. No more reports of home visits. Confirmation that 90 day mail in is still OK.90 day online reporting just needs to be tweaked.

Get the agents out of the queues. A few more staff at Promenada and it would be amazing.

Then I woke up?

hey guys

So no Visa Agents running around with Calling Cards trying to push their business and no Agents jumping the queue like at Promenada ...

I recently attended CM Immigration at Promenada for a Retirement extension and a re-entry permit.

My comments are:-

Location and Facilities better - Parkling / Toilets

Service - Airport was better

Que - I could not understand the que was not directed uncover, as against a line leading into the rain /sunshine

I had a reservation for myself and wife

Total time 8 hours

Total time processing 10 minutes submission of paperwork, 5 minutes photo (after a 3 hour wait), receipt of passport 5 minutes again after another 3 hour wait, times are approx.

Bottom line processing was 15/20 minutes approx.

Waiting approx. 8 hours

Whilst I was there various Visa agents coming and going, it appeared to my wife and I that the new G4T visa agent was in / out with various people paying to get processed in front of the people who had queued

Once I received the visa, I obtained the re-entry visa without waiting

Archived