Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

Tywais

What time did you get there and what was the number you had? Also what time did you get to see the officer?

I didn't have a number, I had an appointment. I was called at the exact time scheduled.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a wee warning...fio...

Had a wander down yesterday to our local Prom and noticed a lot of the "sweating masses" lounging about outside ...err smoking...and some sitting under the NO smoking signs.

Just for as said info...its a 2000 Baht Fine....awaiting...so....u2y....

I have always had a multi O visa which I prefer since it gives me a no excuse reason to leave LOS every 90 days...so only ever visit Imi when I need a confirmation for a new DL...every..5 years..thats often enough......

Next joli (90 days) in Sept will be Singapore and Sentosa wi the family...ye ha...."Slings" are us....

Happened to find myself at Promenada this afternnoon, so I stopped to see how things were going at the zoo. The sheep and goats were gone! The animals that is. At first I thought someone had taken my post to heart and removed them, but naw, they were just in another pen outside, enjoying the mild day while someone was cleaning their pen in the parking garage next to the expats. Now they've been joined by some baby piglets. Unfortunately, I can't post photos now because Hubby is gone and I don't know how to move photos out of the camera.

The expats were stilling milling around outside the Immigration office, but it seems the wait times have vastly improved for 90 day reports and tourist visa extensions. By 2 pm this afternoon, people seemed to be waiting 20 - 30 minutes for 90 day reports. Tourist extensions a little longer. The re-entry permit desk was idle at times.

They still have just one desk processing retirement extensions. I talked with a French gentleman who said he'd arrived at 5 am and was No. 1. The next person didn't arrive until 6 am. There is no pre-queue process and things got hectic when they started to pass out queue cards at 8:30 am, with some shoving. He was seen promptly at 8:30 am and then told to return at 1 pm to pick up his passport.

There still is no way to tell what queue number is being served or where to get a queue card. The desk where you get the queue cards is outside but still stays "check retirement visa papers". Actually, they'll check all papers and are doing a good job of catching problems, by all accounts. Why not put a proper sign over that desk about "get queue card & check documents here"?

It looks like the issue of whether the customers are going to wait inside or out is still unresolved. Today all the chairs were stacked inside and customers were expected to wait on the hard, wooden bench seats in the Coffee Shop. But, some people had gone inside the office and helped themselves to the chairs. As long as they sat quietly, it looked like the Immigration officers were tolerating them waiting inside.

I did see one visa agent who wanted to do multiple 90 day reports. She tried to jump the queue and was promptly told "mai dai". She had to wait until her queue number was called.

There are toilet facilities that can be accessed from the outside, about 30 meters from Immigration. Quite nice ones. The sign on the door says they open at 9:30 am. The French guy who was the first to arrive thought he used them before 9:30 am, but he couldn't remember the exact time. This could be good news. Don't expect this intrepid reporter to get up just to see if they're open at 6 am, though!

Happened to find myself at Promenada this afternnoon, so I stopped to see how things were going at the zoo. The sheep and goats were gone! The animals that is. At first I thought someone had taken my post to heart and removed them, but naw, they were just in another pen outside, enjoying the mild day while someone was cleaning their pen in the parking garage next to the expats. Now they've been joined by some baby piglets. Unfortunately, I can't post photos now because Hubby is gone and I don't know how to move photos out of the camera.

The expats were stilling milling around outside the Immigration office, but it seems the wait times have vastly improved for 90 day reports and tourist visa extensions. By 2 pm this afternoon, people seemed to be waiting 20 - 30 minutes for 90 day reports. Tourist extensions a little longer. The re-entry permit desk was idle at times.

They still have just one desk processing retirement extensions. I talked with a French gentleman who said he'd arrived at 5 am and was No. 1. The next person didn't arrive until 6 am. There is no pre-queue process and things got hectic when they started to pass out queue cards at 8:30 am, with some shoving. He was seen promptly at 8:30 am and then told to return at 1 pm to pick up his passport.

There still is no way to tell what queue number is being served or where to get a queue card. The desk where you get the queue cards is outside but still stays "check retirement visa papers". Actually, they'll check all papers and are doing a good job of catching problems, by all accounts. Why not put a proper sign over that desk about "get queue card & check documents here"?

It looks like the issue of whether the customers are going to wait inside or out is still unresolved. Today all the chairs were stacked inside and customers were expected to wait on the hard, wooden bench seats in the Coffee Shop. But, some people had gone inside the office and helped themselves to the chairs. As long as they sat quietly, it looked like the Immigration officers were tolerating them waiting inside.

I did see one visa agent who wanted to do multiple 90 day reports. She tried to jump the queue and was promptly told "mai dai". She had to wait until her queue number was called.

There are toilet facilities that can be accessed from the outside, about 30 meters from Immigration. Quite nice ones. The sign on the door says they open at 9:30 am. The French guy who was the first to arrive thought he used them before 9:30 am, but he couldn't remember the exact time. This could be good news. Don't expect this intrepid reporter to get up just to see if they're open at 6 am, though!

Is the Promenada starting to look good to you now? Two days in a row.

It looked to me like they did not have as much room for applicants as the old one at the airport. Even if they did there was so many people there when I was there the day before they would have had to have them all standing to get them in there. If they (and they should) bring in another officer for the permission to stay it will take up more room. One can always hope they change the system for speedier processing. Even at that some of the onus will still be on the applicant to have paper work in proper order.

In case of emergency when you exit the office do you turn right or left to find the toilets?

Is the Promenada starting to look good to you now? Two days in a row.

It looked to me like they did not have as much room for applicants as the old one at the airport. Even if they did there was so many people there when I was there the day before they would have had to have them all standing to get them in there. If they (and they should) bring in another officer for the permission to stay it will take up more room. One can always hope they change the system for speedier processing. Even at that some of the onus will still be on the applicant to have paper work in proper order.

In case of emergency when you exit the office do you turn right or left to find the toilets?

I was at Promenada Wednesday afternoon and again today, Friday. Not two days in a row. Today (Friday) there were significantly fewer people waiting, but still only one officer processing long-stay (retirement and medical) extensions and two processing tourist extensions. In the old office, they had three doing retirement extensions and two for tourist extensions.

It does seem like the interns at the info desk outside the office are doing a better job of checking paperwork prior to handing out queue cards. That may be speeding up the wait times by allowing the officers to be more efficient, but still, they really need to have at least one more officer for retirement extensions.

There are no signs about where to get a queue card or what color card for what service, so it slows down the process when people arrive, come into the office and interrupt an officer to ask this information. Today, no one was stationed by the door to intercept new arrivals.

To find the toilets, you exit the office and turn left. Or, if you're in the holding pen outside the office, just follow the wall to the right of the door. I'll post photos later.

So for several weeks we have been anticipating the opening of the new office, but not what it would be like.

Moving the same people (or less) to do the same job in a new building did not make anything better. How could it have?

Questions that still need answers to. Hope members will ask immigration for clarification

Mail in 90 day reports - old address or will there be a new one

Extensions based on marriage/work/academics/teachers - The new site says One Stop Service. Marriage is not but the others are one day service so are they all in the old facility?

Residency certificates - At Promenada mall or the location across from Promenada?

Transportation:

Promenada Shuttle Bus Service

Of course red songthaews, tuk-tuks, taxis, private hire are options.

Special Shuttle between old immigration office and new one.

attachicon.gifImmigration Shuttle Bus service2.jpg

As I understand it the last shuttle is at 12 noon correct? There should be shuttles up until closing time at immigration but I guess beggars cannot be choosers.
t

Looks like the Promenada shuttle service starts as the immigration shuttle service finishes so not exactly a problem?

How is the Promenada shuttle of any use if you don't know you need to go there until you have arrived at the airport office? It doesn't go to the airport office as far as I can see.

Any reports from this week?

I've heard from two people who say everyone is still waiting outside and they're still calling queue numbers -- no lighted sign telling you what queue number is being served. Still have one person doing retirement extension and a report of 2-1/2 hours to do a 90 day report.

Doesn't look like any improvements were made over the weekend.

Any other reports from people who visited Promenada this week?

What time did you arrive? Where the toilets open for the early morning arrivals?

How were the sheep and goats?

Questions that still need answers to. Hope members will ask immigration for clarification

Mail in 90 day reports - old address or will there be a new one

Extensions based on marriage/work/academics/teachers - The new site says One Stop Service. Marriage is not but the others are one day service so are they all in the old facility?

Residency certificates - At Promenada mall or the location across from Promenada?

Transportation:

Promenada Shuttle Bus Service

Of course red songthaews, tuk-tuks, taxis, private hire are options.

Special Shuttle between old immigration office and new one.

attachicon.gifImmigration Shuttle Bus service2.jpg

As I understand it the last shuttle is at 12 noon correct? There should be shuttles up until closing time at immigration but I guess beggars cannot be choosers.
t

Looks like the Promenada shuttle service starts as the immigration shuttle service finishes so not exactly a problem?

How is the Promenada shuttle of any use if you don't know you need to go there until you have arrived at the airport office? It doesn't go to the airport office as far as I can see.

Shuttle- to and from the airport office and Promeneda, the timing of the 2 shuttle vehicles seems to make that quite clear?

Tuesday 28 July (11:45 as always)

Small reception desk gives me the number 80. The charming girl said that the office closes at noon with number 70. Back to 1h15 Misteuuuuuuuuuuuuur.

We try lunch at Dukes but there was nobody. I do not like empty restaurants and my wife told me that the prices are too high, then We came back to the Thaie canteen on the ground floor. Good pick, even for someone like me who enjoys very moderately local cooking.

At 1:20.Just arrived that the number 80 is called. Phew ! not even time for a good espresso. In 10 minutes the case is settled and we leave to other moons, not forgetting to greet the chevrettes a little further.

Finally a formality effected under pleasant conditions.

Was there 2 days ago to get a tourist visa extension , some impressions and thoughts:

- first, why oh why is this office so far away from the city ? while i am sure 95% of the people going there live in chiang mai this office should be inside the city , driving there and back was a pain in the ass.

- i arrived late , around 2pm , got lucky and still got a number , notice that people that arrive after me have been told that no more numbers and come back tomorrow.

- they call us in really fast - there were 3 officers for the tourist visa extension and they called 3 numbers together every time so that part was going really fast .. but...

the processing was really slow , i talked to a a girl who was waiting there from 10am(!) and still didn't get her passport from the processing ,

then at around 16:20 they started calling out names to pick up the passport , i would say they call all the names in around 20 min , so me and the girl who came at 10am in the morning left around the same time.

so obviously they are still not organized , while they have 3 officers collecting passports and documents they lack man power in the processing department.

overall , not too bad - arrived at 14:00 and left at 16:30 to the long drive back to chiang mai in the heavy rain.

few extras:

- if you plan to fill up any forms there - bring a pen with you , unlike the old office i didn't saw any pens around and had to ask to barrow one.

- hopefully they will get soon an electronic thingy that shows up cue numbers , they don't one at the moment and you need to pay attention to the guy calling up numbers , if you go for a while and come back you have no idea where you at without asking around.

- the copy store is efficient and quick. 6 baht for all the copies , just like in the old office.

- didn't try the coffee.

- did i mention i really hate the fact its so far away from the city?

Had to look up "chevrettes". HappyJoe -- you really live up to your name if you enjoy eating outside, sitting on wooden stools next to the goats. Well, the weather was mild yesterday. Did you try the fresh goat milk? It's good.

Had to look up "chevrettes". HappyJoe -- you really live up to your name if you enjoy eating outside, sitting on wooden stools next to the goats. Well, the weather was mild yesterday. Did you try the fresh goat milk? It's good.

Indeed I write here in a language that is not my native. So I make regular exercise to understand unfamiliar words.
Try to occasionally. It is beneficial for the maintenance of our intellectual faculties.
Chevrette = cute little goats
PS. Thai canteen is on the ground floor inside, away from the goats. The food is OK. We can meet saleswomen and other local staff whose smiling face is nice to see.

Was there 2 days ago to get a tourist visa extension , some impressions and thoughts:

- first, why oh why is this office so far away from the city ? while i am sure 95% of the people going there live in chiang mai this office should be inside the city , driving there and back was a pain in the ass.

- i arrived late , around 2pm , got lucky and still got a number , notice that people that arrive after me have been told that no more numbers and come back tomorrow.

- they call us in really fast - there were 3 officers for the tourist visa extension and they called 3 numbers together every time so that part was going really fast .. but...

the processing was really slow , i talked to a a girl who was waiting there from 10am(!) and still didn't get her passport from the processing ,

then at around 16:20 they started calling out names to pick up the passport , i would say they call all the names in around 20 min , so me and the girl who came at 10am in the morning left around the same time.

so obviously they are still not organized , while they have 3 officers collecting passports and documents they lack man power in the processing department.

overall , not too bad - arrived at 14:00 and left at 16:30 to the long drive back to chiang mai in the heavy rain.

few extras:

- if you plan to fill up any forms there - bring a pen with you , unlike the old office i didn't saw any pens around and had to ask to barrow one.

- hopefully they will get soon an electronic thingy that shows up cue numbers , they don't one at the moment and you need to pay attention to the guy calling up numbers , if you go for a while and come back you have no idea where you at without asking around.

- the copy store is efficient and quick. 6 baht for all the copies , just like in the old office.

- didn't try the coffee.

- did i mention i really hate the fact its so far away from the city?

It is probably far away because they got a good deal from Promenada and don't care about people having to travel to get there- not their problem.

I think they have to send the passports to the old office to be processed.

Indeed I write here in a language that is not my native. So I make regular exercise to understand unfamiliar words.
Try to occasionally. It is beneficial for the maintenance of our intellectual faculties.
Chevrette = cute little goats
PS. Thai canteen is on the ground floor inside, away from the goats. The food is OK. We can meet saleswomen and other local staff whose smiling face is nice to see.

I presume you mean the food court, not the canteen. It's where the locals eat, so got to be OK. I always use food courts if available.

I presume you mean the food court, not the canteen. It's where the locals eat, so got to be OK. I always use food courts if available.

Exactly, for a light meal and spend time watching people. I recognized a few working at the immigration office also. Food court seems a better term that canteen I wanted to use with second degree rolleyes.gif

So for retirement extension still need to arrive 5 am, at Prom, for same day service? And is the officer for multiple re-entry stamp also at Prom?

Agree that new location has nothing to do with the 'customers'. This is not a commercial operation but rather a govt buro-cracy decision.

Yes, the desk for re-entry permits is now at Promenada.

When I was there last Friday I talked with someone who arrived at 5 am to do a retirement extension. He was No. 1 in line. He said the second person didn't arrive until 6 am, and then more starting coming -- about four or five more between 6 - 6:30 am. So it looks like you're OK if you arrive at 6 am if you want to be seen in the morning. That will give you time to get a re-entry permit in the afternoon since your passport won't be returned until after lunch.

It really doesn't make sense that the passports and paperwork have to go back to the old immigration office for final approval. I hope this is a temporary situation.

Location is not a big problem, wherever you live, but having to send passports back to the airport office for approval is ridiculous!

Well I guess this is only one head honcho and he prefers to stay at the old office and he won't delegate ,a very Thai thing .Why are we still, successfully, sending mail ins to the old office ? Where are the

extra staff that supposedly were coming from Bangkok ? Why is there less space to wait than the old address ? No electronic number signs ?

The whole (part) move has been a complete shambles. but not unexpected.

The online queue site is currently down http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/th/2011-11-25-13-53-13/285--queue-online.html

Does anyone know whether this is permanent or temporary, and when it might be up and running again?

You could try emailing the address shown on the bottom of the homepage but based on past experience a response is highly unlikely, but maybe worth a shot,

Had a wander down yesterday to our local Prom and noticed a lot of the "sweating masses" lounging about outside ...err smoking...and some sitting under the NO smoking signs.

I have always had a multi O visa which I prefer since it gives me a no excuse reason to leave LOS every 90 days...so only ever visit Imi when I need a confirmation for a new DL...every..5 years..thats often enough......

Next joli (90 days) in Sept will be Singapore and Sentosa wi the family...ye ha...."Slings" are us....

I'm new to this. What you're saying is that if you leave the country every 90 days ahead of the need to "report" then you don't have go thru the reporting hassle?

I'm new to this. What you're saying is that if you leave the country every 90 days ahead of the need to "report" then you don't have go thru the reporting hassle?

If you consider the cost of leaving the country every 90 days and getting re-entry permits less hassle than doing a 90 day report ,by post,online, in person, then it's definitely the route to go.

The sentence from the immigration website - "Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days" If you don't stay in the country for more than 90 days consecutively then it is not required.

Archived