Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

Tywais

I cannot believe I read these last few comments. Honestly, if I don't like the service I get in a restaurant, hotel or car repair shop I don't go back. If you don't like how things work here.... go somewhere else. If it is all that big of a deal, just check bin and go. Plenty of other countries around.

By the way. I'd suggest any immigrant complaining about the procedures in your respective countries would get the same response from you.... If you don't like it....go somewhere else. Not to mention that most of us come from countries where they are are very unlikely to allow a Thai person to visit, let alone retire.

On the positive side of things there are many ways around these 'perceived difficulties'. It is up to each and every individual to make their life work smoothly. It is not up to the Thai Immigration to babysit for people.

You should rename your avatar to "Broken Record". That 'Thailand: Love it or leave it' meme is old, tired, and quite worn own.

I'm simply going with an agency next year, which is my way around it. But I will continue to criticize and comment on the parts of the system that I perceive to be broken, as will many other members who plan to spend their lives here, if allowed.

So as far as 'shut up or get out' - think of something new and original 'eh? coffee1.gif

Connda, you're a broken record yourself, although you did volunteer the new piece of information that rather than try to fix the problems that you "continue to criticize and comment" about, you've basically decided to throw in the towel for yourself personally and go with an agency. I believe you've decried the concept of having to use an agency in other emails. Don't really have the time right now to look that up.

But, I don't think it's fair to say someone is a "broken record" when you yourself are also.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14.40 My appointment was called. Papers checked, but officer said I needed the bank book updated. The book had been updated that morning, but he wanted it updated again. A trip to the bank and he then accepted it.

Outrageous

It does appear that they are being a little petty as well as slow and happy to be entertained by their tablets than actually servicing people.

I'm not saying that they want to force everybody to use an agent, but if I were to be trying to force everybody to use an agent or the special weekend service, this is probably the way I'd do it.

I cannot believe I read these last few comments. Honestly, if I don't like the service I get in a restaurant, hotel or car repair shop I don't go back. If you don't like how things work here.... go somewhere else. If it is all that big of a deal, just check bin and go. Plenty of other countries around.

By the way. I'd suggest any immigrant complaining about the procedures in your respective countries would get the same response from you.... If you don't like it....go somewhere else. Not to mention that most of us come from countries where they are are very unlikely to allow a Thai person to visit, let alone retire.

On the positive side of things there are many ways around these 'perceived difficulties'. It is up to each and every individual to make their life work smoothly. It is not up to the Thai Immigration to babysit for people.

You should rename your avatar to "Broken Record". That 'Thailand: Love it or leave it' meme is old, tired, and quite worn own.

I'm simply going with an agency next year, which is my way around it. But I will continue to criticize and comment on the parts of the system that I perceive to be broken, as will many other members who plan to spend their lives here, if allowed.

So as far as 'shut up or get out' - think of something new and original 'eh? coffee1.gif

Why should I think of something new? The incessant complaining if fundamentally wrong. This is their country and they can run it as they see fit. I doubt there is any section of Thai law that guarantees you a right to redress the Thai government. (Yes..there is a complaint line for immigration!)

On a personal level, where do you feel it is OK to criticize the Thai people? I think this is very rude and improper. Example: Just because someone fiddles with a tablet or a cell phone at their desk does not make it a target for anyone to blast both barrels at. Maybe that person finished an hour early one day.... but worked over an hour the day before. Do we really know the back story of every event?

My father used to tell me that you cannot count another person's time or money. It is their business. This applies here. I doubt anyone here is knowledgeable about Thai labor laws or practices of Thai workers. If we complain we are merely applying what we perceive as right onto them.

At the end of the day... if I was as unhappy as some of you are here I would leave. While Thaivisa has some very wonderful and knowledgeable people that have helped me a lot, there is a huge signal to noise ratio. Most of the expats I run into here in CM do not even bother with Thaivisa. I think I'll join them.

I was not passing any criticism on the behaviour of the officers, and I do not imply that this was a typical day. I merely decided to use the time I was sitting in the office to report what I saw, as information for others.

I do think it was strange that they only issue 20 tickets for retirement extensions, and yet, on that day, Number 20 was called at 14.20. I can only assume that they have to allow for interviews that take longer than normal, and that on this particular day, things went more smoothly than usual.

As for the officer wanting the bank book updated, I think he probably misread the entry, after all he is doing a lot of checking, and everyone makes the odd error. I don't think he was being vindictive towards me. I don't argue with police officers, or cause them to lose face, if I can avoid it.

I was not passing any criticism on the behaviour of the officers, and I do not imply that this was a typical day.

Statistically speaking, it was a typical day. It is far more likely with a random sample size of one that you would experience a "normal" day.

I went in for my 90 day this past Monday (2 days ago) at 10:30AM. Really like the new location, great parking, comfortable both inside and out, good vibes, got my ticket and was done in less than 1 1/2 hours and did not mind the wait at all (walked around etc). I will use the nearby agency for my annual extension this year as they may need time to work out some of the bugs in the system. Only 3000baht, was told if I bring them my paperwork before 11:30am I will get my passport and extension by mid afternoon.

Not sure what all the bitching is about here?

Doug

I went in for my 90 day this past Monday (2 days ago) at 10:30AM. Really like the new location, great parking, comfortable both inside and out, good vibes, got my ticket and was done in less than 1 1/2 hours and did not mind the wait at all (walked around etc). I will use the nearby agency for my annual extension this year as they may need time to work out some of the bugs in the system. Only 3000baht, was told if I bring them my paperwork before 11:30am I will get my passport and extension by mid afternoon.

Doug

Folks don't want to have to spend the extra ฿3,000.

Doug

The "bitching" Musoka is an accumalation of frustration that CM is the only Immigration Office in Thailand where some find it necessary,especially the elderley,or those with cash to spare,to use an Agent for what should be a simple, clerical submission.No different than going to a bank to make a transaction.

This whole Agent v DIY has been rumbling on forever but please understand that many are cheesed off that they are virtually being forced to use an Agent rather than standing at in a queue at 5am for an annual extension ticket.

No one knows why CM expats have been virtually forced into this situation and we will probably never know.Nor will we know why a simple, standard residence letter costs 500 baht (no receipt) when other offices provide them at no charge.They average 30 letters a day x 500 baht,nice !

Tomorrow I will do my 90 day report,as usual, by mail for less than 50 baht,it will take 5 minutes, but an Agent will do it for you for 300 baht.

All a matter of choice but again how and why did it ever get to this and why have some sections of the media been told to not seek an explanation ?

Doug

3000 + 1900 methinks

An hour and a half to do a 90 day report. Glad you're happy about wasting your life thumbsup.gif

I do all the paperwork incl providing photos etc?

Until the online appointment system is back up & running, consider it a cost of living out in the sticks. Sure better than living in the concrete jungle thumbsup.gif

Best of luck!

Posts removed, DO NOT make personal remarks or accusations toward other members.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Fang37 -- you've asked the question several times and have been monitoring the various threads on the forum to know that your choices are O.S. Thai Visa, Assist Thai Visa and the new guys on the block -- G4T, the outfit next door to the Prom. Imm. office. They all do a reliable job by all accounts. The first two will drive you to Imm. Prom. and respond to your emails to quail your fears and answer all your questions in advance. G4T doesn't have a website and I don't think they do emails, either, but you just show up at Imm. Prom. to their place in the morning before 10 am or so and they'll guide you thru the process. With all three, you should have your passport returned in the early afternoon after a morning visit to Imm. Prom.

Or, you can simply show up at Imm. Prom by 6 am. and I'm reasonably certain you'll get a queue ticket for a retirement extension for that day. We haven't seen any recent photos of early morning queues or heard any horror stories of anyone being turned away who was in the queue at opening time.

I plan to go out myself next week early to take a look. The lack of real boots-on-the-ground reports tells me that it really isn't as bad as people are making out.

I'm really surprised no one has posted this yet. It's from Don Webb, who has the website "Don's Life in Thailand", a blog and sends out an email to people on his email list:

"I just came back from Immigration (Promenada Mall). Two things of interest.
1. There are now 35 chairs inside Immigration where you can enjoy the air conditioning.
2. When you walk in the front door, look to the right. A very large section of the wall has been removed. An employee told me they are extending Immigration to make it larger."
This type of first-hand info is much needed. When we had the special Saturday session for CLL/CEC a couple weeks ago they had us wait indoors and I noticed a new info desk inside the office and I wondered if they had the chairs inside the office during the week, too. Apparently, yes.
Also, the office expansion is consistent with what I was told by Marc, the Promenada manager during my interview with him in mid-Sept. He had indicated that wall would be removed and additional space, then used by a retail shop, would be turned over to Immigration to be used as an Imm. customer waiting area. This was reported in the CEC e-newsletter and picked up here on Thai Visa. He said it would be happening within four weeks and it looks to be on schedule.
Nice reporting Don!

Doug

The "bitching" Musoka is an accumalation of frustration that CM is the only Immigration Office in Thailand where some find it necessary,especially the elderley,or those with cash to spare,to use an Agent for what should be a simple, clerical submission.No different than going to a bank to make a transaction.

This whole Agent v DIY has been rumbling on forever but please understand that many are cheesed off that they are virtually being forced to use an Agent rather than standing at in a queue at 5am for an annual extension ticket.

No one knows why CM expats have been virtually forced into this situation and we will probably never know.Nor will we know why a simple, standard residence letter costs 500 baht (no receipt) when other offices provide them at no charge.They average 30 letters a day x 500 baht,nice !

Tomorrow I will do my 90 day report,as usual, by mail for less than 50 baht,it will take 5 minutes, but an Agent will do it for you for 300 baht.

All a matter of choice but again how and why did it ever get to this and why have some sections of the media been told to not seek an explanation ?

Standing in line at5am is not new because of the move to this location, there was a early morning line at the old office as well. If you do not like paying 500 baht go to your embassy then it is 50 dollars at the US Embassy.

Only given it a small amount of consideration in the past but it is getting to the point where we think we should be looking at alternatives, just in case it turns pear shaped here.

I know there is certainly a groundswell of people also looking at other options, again, just in case!

For the record, we love and would prefer to stay in Thailand - if!

We're not there yet, but there may come a day when I actually feel a need to fill out that US Citizen Information form offered by the US embassy.

I wonder what Thai officials will be tasked with dealing with the wives of farangs who are forced out of country, if that scenario ever plays out. I don't see that as an impossibility. One day it's like - moratorium on extension for foreigners for 'national security reasons', don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out farang. Bail (out) or jail.

I have been on this site for years and many have been complaining about how Thais do not want us here and in all of those years never had a problem extending my stay here.

Fang37 -- you've asked the question several times and have been monitoring the various threads on the forum to know that your choices are O.S. Thai Visa, Assist Thai Visa and the new guys on the block -- G4T, the outfit next door to the Prom. Imm. office. They all do a reliable job by all accounts. The first two will drive you to Imm. Prom. and respond to your emails to quail your fears and answer all your questions in advance. G4T doesn't have a website and I don't think they do emails, either, but you just show up at Imm. Prom. to their place in the morning before 10 am or so and they'll guide you thru the process. With all three, you should have your passport returned in the early afternoon after a morning visit to Imm. Prom.

Or, you can simply show up at Imm. Prom by 6 am. and I'm reasonably certain you'll get a queue ticket for a retirement extension for that day. We haven't seen any recent photos of early morning queues or heard any horror stories of anyone being turned away who was in the queue at opening time.

I plan to go out myself next week early to take a look. The lack of real boots-on-the-ground reports tells me that it really isn't as bad as people are making out.

Yes Nancy I did my yearly permission to stay with the people few doors down I showed up at 1:30 in the afternoon was told no more numbers handed out I just walked down to the new kids on the block had all my paper work they checked it and pointed out I had forgotten to fill in a line (the girls out front at immigration had told me it was all in order). The new kids said yes they could help me. They trimmed my picture to the correct size told me to have a seat.

I did and then a girl came and told me to come with her I went they took my picture put my passport in to a machine. I guess they are using the bar code now and that was it all done by 2:15. Went for a movie and a bite to eat. Picked up my passport on the way out. That was at 6:30 the girls were still there. Also noticed there was about 5 girls working in the immigration office.

Total cost

Immigration 1,900 baht

Agent 3,000 baht.

total 4,900 baht

Last week a friend of mine from Pai came in to do his 90 day. Don't know why he didn't mail it he knows he can. He got there at 6:15 and said there was only 3 other people there. He thought it was a great improvement. A nice coffee shop open early and clean and nice rest rooms open early. Nice seating outside.

I'm really surprised no one has posted this yet. It's from Don Webb, who has the website "Don's Life in Thailand", a blog and sends out an email to people on his email list:

"I just came back from Immigration (Promenada Mall). Two things of interest.
1. There are now 35 chairs inside Immigration where you can enjoy the air conditioning.
2. When you walk in the front door, look to the right. A very large section of the wall has been removed. An employee told me they are extending Immigration to make it larger."
This type of first-hand info is much needed. When we had the special Saturday session for CLL/CEC a couple weeks ago they had us wait indoors and I noticed a new info desk inside the office and I wondered if they had the chairs inside the office during the week, too. Apparently, yes.
Also, the office expansion is consistent with what I was told by Marc, the Promenada manager during my interview with him in mid-Sept. He had indicated that wall would be removed and additional space, then used by a retail shop, would be turned over to Immigration to be used as an Imm. customer waiting area. This was reported in the CEC e-newsletter and picked up here on Thai Visa. He said it would be happening within four weeks and it looks to be on schedule.
Nice reporting Don!

That is good news. Also interesting is that Don finally figured out a way to leave the food court at TOPS in KSK. tongue.png

Actually, this is at least the second time that Don has been to Imm. Prom. The Prom. shuttle van leaves from a hotel near his new home. Trouble is, the shuttle van doesn't start until mid-day, so I don't expect we'll be getting any early morning Imm. reports from Don, but he'll probably be turning in more reports on the remodeling project if I know him. He found the food court at Prom.

Only given it a small amount of consideration in the past but it is getting to the point where we think we should be looking at alternatives, just in case it turns pear shaped here.

I know there is certainly a groundswell of people also looking at other options, again, just in case!

For the record, we love and would prefer to stay in Thailand - if!

We're not there yet, but there may come a day when I actually feel a need to fill out that US Citizen Information form offered by the US embassy.

I wonder what Thai officials will be tasked with dealing with the wives of farangs who are forced out of country, if that scenario ever plays out. I don't see that as an impossibility. One day it's like - moratorium on extension for foreigners for 'national security reasons', don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out farang. Bail (out) or jail.

I have been on this site for years and many have been complaining about how Thais do not want us here and in all of those years never had a problem extending my stay here.

I have also been around for a few years. I have also never had a problem extending my stay in the past.,

Now however the online booking system no longer works, I have had to use an agent for the first time but that was special circumstances, they were next door to immigration and the cheapest by a long way, and they got the job done quickly and efficiently.

I would prefer not to have to spend that money and would prefer to do it myself. Do you have a secret that you can share that would not involve an early morning queue or the use of an agent?

I will be closing this topic out shortly and beginning a new one since the dust has settled and the new site and information has matured. This topic was a learning curve on the new location and as such lot of uncertainty and complaining so a fresh start is in order.

As promised - Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

//Closed//

Archived