Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

Tywais

Hi members and guests, I so sorry if my question below had been asked and answered already. Couldn't find any info.....

Is there a decent office that will go early to immigration and pick up a queue for me (I need to extend my retirement visa). All I was able to find are places that will be happy to do the entire package (paperwork, 90 days reminder etc...) for few thousands of bahts. All I need is a queue number. Yes yes, I'm lazy to wake up early and spend hours there. Willing to pay, of course, reasonable fee.

Any first hand experience with such service? I used to do the online queue but the genuis guys cancelled that service, it was too easy for farangs. Let them gather in front of immigration at 4am.....

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi members and guests, I so sorry if my question below had been asked and answered already. Couldn't find any info.....

Is there a decent office that will go early to immigration and pick up a queue for me (I need to extend my retirement visa). All I was able to find are places that will be happy to do the entire package (paperwork, 90 days reminder etc...) for few thousands of bahts. All I need is a queue number. Yes yes, I'm lazy to wake up early and spend hours there. Willing to pay, of course, reasonable fee.

Any first hand experience with such service? I used to do the online queue but the genuis guys cancelled that service, it was too easy for farangs. Let them gather in front of immigration at 4am.....

Thanks in advance.

Try the new agency next to immigration they seem to have a price for most things.

It's the next logical step to have the agencies to charge to just get tickets, then they have most bases covered.

Went down there today and had a chat with a few people. I think you will find that the person who is behind G4T is the same person who owns the coffee and copy shop (hint, ask the managemant at promenada).

When you find out who it is, I think things will become a bit clearer wink.png

Is it some sort of state secret? Why not just tell us?

Sorry, not trying to be a smart ass. I do not think my post would be allowed to stay up if I directty stated. As I say, ask Promenada who rents the 3 spaces next to the immigration office.

Went down there today and had a chat with a few people. I think you will find that the person who is behind G4T is the same person who owns the coffee and copy shop (hint, ask the managemant at promenada).

When you find out who it is, I think things will become a bit clearer wink.png

Is it some sort of state secret? Why not just tell us?

Sorry, not trying to be a smart ass. I do not think my post would be allowed to stay up if I directty stated. As I say, ask Promenada who rents the 3 spaces next to the immigration office.

Could it be a person with a name like Simon maybe ... ?

The queue this morning......

Thank you for your continued morning reports. I was there early yesterday morning, after having endured a very long cross-town trip in the rain. (Fortunately I got a songthaew and not my usual tuk-tuk.) Interestingly, there were very few people there at 8:30 am. About 40 for 90 day reports and they didn't even pass out all 20 queue cards for retirement extensions until 9 am. I guess that's the trick. Come on a rainy day.

By 11 am yesterday morning, they were completely caught up on 90 day reports and tourist extensions! No waiting. Amazing. I imagine that changed in the afternoon because the weather was starting to clear and get nice.

Shuttle- to and from the airport office and Promeneda, the timing of the 2 shuttle vehicles seems to make that quite clear?

Ok, let me try again. Below is a list of the stops on the Promenada shuttle:

Do you see the airport office on that list?

Look at post #2 of this topic and you will see the shuttle schedule between immigration at airport and Promenada. However, that service is temporary and will stop on August 20th.

You didn't read the posts to which I was replying. It's a moot point now as it's the 21st already. I was merely pointing out that there was no shuttle service from the airport office to the new office in the afternoons, only in the mornings.

If I arrive at the I/O @ 8.30am; all documentation in order, when will I walk away for another year? Please include which day.

If I utilize the services of the local visa assist company? What time?

The above is for a retirement visa - B800k in bank.

Bit more info for you all.

Friend of mine was contacted by immigration to ask about his 90 day (expires next month). Call was from a mobile number not office line, which he thought a bit weird. They advised they would come to his house to talk about it.

3 people turn up (2 immigration officers and 1 other no uniform). They told him that he was advised to use the new visa agency next to the office (in Promeneda), and the non uniformed guy gave him a full brochure.

The english speaking officer said his name was Danny.

So now it look like immigration are going to ask people to use their agency only (Sorry Assist guy!).

Therefor I think we can conclude that the service and the waits (as shown above) are not going to go away unless you use a specific immigration controlled visa office.

A shame, as I had really hoped thinks were improving over here. Many will claim this is more proof of corruption and extortion , and it would be challenging to argue with them.

Friend of mine was contacted by immigration to ask about his 90 day (expires next month). Call was from a mobile number not office line, which he thought a bit weird. They advised they would come to his house to talk about it.

3 people turn up (2 immigration officers and 1 other no uniform). They told him that he was advised to use the new visa agency next to the office (in Promeneda), and the non uniformed guy gave him a full brochure.

So now it look like immigration are going to ask people to use their agency only (Sorry Assist guy!).

Therefor I think we can conclude that the service and the waits (as shown above) are not going to go away unless you use a specific immigration controlled visa office.

A shame, as I had really hoped thinks were improving over here. Many will claim this is more proof of corruption and extortion , and it would be challenging to argue with them.

There is the answer confirming what most people had thought. Online booking will not be coming back and the 90 day postal report likely to disappear soon as well perhaps.

There is the answer confirming what most people had thought. Online booking will not be coming back and the 90 day postal report likely to disappear soon as well perhaps.

The online queue was specific to Chiang Mai....the 90 day report by mail is nationwide so it will be, in theory, more difficult to eliminate, no?

The online queue was specific to Chiang Mai....the 90 day report by mail is nationwide so it will be, in theory, more difficult to eliminate, no?

No, because mail in is to Chiang Mai office so easy to stop ( too busy, not enough staff etc) Online reporting could be the answer but that does not work well. But again has to be confirmed via Chiang Mai office to the best of my knowledge?

If true, this is disgraceful. I say if because new account, hearsay and other such things (not to mention an awful lot of trouble for 3 people to go to for what is only going to worth a few hundred baht; just sayin').

I refuse (with folded arms and a determined look on my face) to make any payment that is undocumented, illegal or coerced (not sure what will happen when one of us needs certificate of residency now as I've been told that there are no more free ones even though they are supposed to be) so we may run into trouble when it comes time for our annual extensions. I'm glad we travel often enough not to have to do 90 day reports - we've never done one - but we will have no choice for the annual renewal. I quite simply will never knowingly pay a bribe to anyone under any circumstance. I've been putting up with a few inconveniences because of my choice to do this for the entire time I've lived in and travelled around South East Asia, but it's something I feel very strongly about and - so I'm a bit inconvenienced occasionally. Meh, for me, it's worth it.

(You can sit back and shout 'It's only a few dollars, it makes it all go smoothly, it's the way it works here, just pay it, don't rock the boat etc etc etc' as much as you like. If you are happy to break the law and pay bribes or back-handers, that's fine. I don't approve of you doing it, but I'm not going to personally attack you for doing so. I expect my decision to refuse to do so to have the same response from you thankyouverymuch).

Cheer up guys. Once the word gets out there won't be many in the q at Promenada as people that can leave Thailand for more user friendly destinations like Cambodia, and perhaps Burma in the future.

If I wasn't married, I'd probably not be returning to Thailand again due to this sort of thing.

If true, this is disgraceful. I say if because new account, hearsay and other such things (not to mention an awful lot of trouble for 3 people to go to for what is only going to worth a few hundred baht; just sayin').

I refuse (with folded arms and a determined look on my face) to make any payment that is undocumented, illegal or coerced (not sure what will happen when one of us needs certificate of residency now as I've been told that there are no more free ones even though they are supposed to be) so we may run into trouble when it comes time for our annual extensions. I'm glad we travel often enough not to have to do 90 day reports - we've never done one - but we will have no choice for the annual renewal. I quite simply will never knowingly pay a bribe to anyone under any circumstance. I've been putting up with a few inconveniences because of my choice to do this for the entire time I've lived in and travelled around South East Asia, but it's something I feel very strongly about and - so I'm a bit inconvenienced occasionally. Meh, for me, it's worth it.

(You can sit back and shout 'It's only a few dollars, it makes it all go smoothly, it's the way it works here, just pay it, don't rock the boat etc etc etc' as much as you like. If you are happy to break the law and pay bribes or back-handers, that's fine. I don't approve of you doing it, but I'm not going to personally attack you for doing so. I expect my decision to refuse to do so to have the same response from you thankyouverymuch).

Cant blame you for not trusting. I would hazard we are going to see more and more like the below though. All with the "suggestion" we use the new visa company next to their office.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/850874-immigration-house-calls/

Interesting how Immigration can spare three people to make house calls to "encourage" people to use the new visa agent for 90 day reports, but the excuse given on why they don't have more people to process retirement visa extensions is "lack of manpower".

I'd really like to read a first-hand account of a incident like this, rather than "a friend" had this happen.

Also, I don't understand why so many Immigration people would be so interested in someone's "90 day" expiring. "90 day reports" don't expire, they come due.

Something about this story just doesn't make sense.

Youcn goto your consulate if from the US and payaround 50dollars for your residencey certificate if you have a problem paying500baht.

I'd really like to read a first-hand account of a incident like this, rather than "a friend" had this happen.

Also, I don't understand why so many Immigration people would be so interested in someone's "90 day" expiring. "90 day reports" don't expire, they come due.

Something about this story just doesn't make sense.

Valid points. I'll also point out that member markyj has just 5 posts on TV...which I'm attributing to a longer term member not wanting to be identified.

(FWIW, another member - with several thousand posts - has described a similar incident via PM. Not a friend's experience, a first hand experience. Granted, could be the same person.....)

Trying to be factual, consider what we have observed in a relatively short time span:

1. Online queue is eliminated.

2. Retirement extensions limited to 20/day.

3. New visa agent opens adjacent to Immigration.

4. Via firsthand reports, we're told that Immigration is recommending the new visa agent.

5. The new visa agent is (percentage-wise) significantly less expensive than the existing competition.

6. The new visa agent has (apparently) instantaneous access to Immigration (your own eyewitness account tells us 90 day reports are processed on the spot, retirement extensions are processed same day, no appt required.)

Walks, quacks.....duck?

IF TRUE that "Danny" and the visitors described above were actually Immigration Department personnel, the visit could be considered encouraging a profit-making enterprise in lieu of the Immigration Department's being adequately staffed, managed, and inefficient doing the job it is mandated by law to do. Secondhand stories are, of course, suspect. Such a course can only lead in nasty directions: somebody gets paid for what the Immigration Department should be doing as a government service.

Secondly, the presence of a private agency actually adjacent to the Promenada Immigration Office guaranteeing one-day "expedited" service for a fee raises some very serious questions about the conduct of the office and the department. And that is not to let the other agents off the hook, pleasant and efficient as they might be. They really only exist because the Immigration Department is not fulfilling its duty.

The online queue only affected about 20% of the people.

It is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

To hear some of the people carry on here about the loss of it you would think immigration was out to hurt every one closing it down. It only saved time for the lucky ones that got it. It still took just as long for them to process all the reports.

Archived