Seven Teens Killed In Bangkok Smash

george

Seven teens killed in smash

BANGKOK: -- A car full of teenagers crashed through a road barrier at high speed and plunged into a canal in Bangkok on, killing all seven people inside, police said.

The victims - four men and three women - appeared to have suffered multiple fractures including broken necks, said police Lt. Colonel Pakkaphol Chieblaem.

He said the driver is believed to have been drunk and was reported to have been driving the brand new car at high speed.

No other details were immediately available.

--Agencies 2004-04-02

I pray for these people and all the hundreds who will die on the road over Songkran. Yes, it is irresponsible to drink and drive, but it is still sad when people die in road accidents. The government should study examples from other countries to see how road tolls have been reduced.

it will never happen here, the police are about as much use as the popes balls, we have all seen traffic police standing around ignoring outrageous driving behaviour whilst waiting to grab some kid for a minor motorcycle problem.

until they are taught how to be professional and responsible the motoring laws here are meaningless.

of course it is also quite handy to be able to get away with running a red light by paying 200b rather than going to court and having your licence stamped.

Reminds me of a guy I saw last year riding his motorcycle right past a few Men In Brown standing on a street corner. He had a 26 ouncer of whiskey sticking out the back of his pants... Traffic light turned green, he took off :o , they just kept on blabbing...

BANGKOK: -- A car full of teenagers crashed through a road barrier at high speed and plunged into a canal in Bangkok on, killing all seven people inside, police said.

That's one less person I have to worry about when I'm driving around. The more idiots die the safer the road is for the sensible drivers. Not all Thais are bad drivers.

That's one less person I have to worry about when I'm driving around. The more idiots die the safer the road is for the sensible drivers. Not all Thais are bad drivers.

That's a nice sensitive comment. Seven teenagers are dead. Countless friends and relatives are in shock and you're happy because you figure you'll be safer on the road. You make me sick.

That line about "The people who sold them the beer should be sentenced to life" is soooo stupid... I remember a case where they had tried to blame some waiter in a bar for getting a guy drunk who had then killed someone while driving intoxicated.

A witness later testified he had seen the accused driver chuck out a mickey of hard liquor onto his front lawn (after leaving the bar) DNA results were positive...

So who got who drunk??????

This guy goes out and gets himself a new sportscar, rockets down the highway like a madman, kills himself in a crash and a few more people who just happened to be driving by... So you would sentence for life the car salesman???

So your suggestion is to sentence to life that teen who sold them the beer,trying to earn some honest baht at 7eleven ????

That is one sak full of terds to me.... :o

At my village upcountry the police never seem to bust people for DUI

unless they are involved in an accident that hurts someone "important"

or "connected".

I got to bars / clubs and the police are around watching. When they close up

everyone is drunk off their A$$ - go pile into their vehicles or motorcys and peel

out of the parking lots like Mario Andretti. The whole time police watching. They

seem to more worried about violence breaking out. Every night there is fights

galore.

The strictest thing I saw was a thai guy clearly drunk pulling into a bar

on his motorcy and 2 police walk over and tell him he can only have 2 beers

there.

My wife said the fine is 400bt for DUI, dont give them anymore. Speeding is

100bt.

The people who sold them the beer should be sentenced to life. At least the roads are much safer now with out that driver around.

Why not sue the company that manufactures the beer while you're at it... .

You demonstrate a rediculous thought process that tries to place the blame somewhere other than where it should.

If the driver was drunk then blame can be 100% shared between him and the other occupants of the car (if they knew that he was drunk).

Luckily they didn't manage to kill any other people.

The PM wants to turn Thailand into a 1st worl country. One of the first differences that I notice between the 1st and 2nd world countries that I have visited is traffic safety.

In a first word country the drivers tend to be:

• Courteous and Skilled drivers

Road Rules are:

• Rigourously enforced.

In Australia the old notion of drinking and then driving home has just about disappeared due to the high percentage chance of being caught if you do. Booze Buses and random breath tests are everywhere and the consequences if you get caught are very tough.

why blame anyone for this tragedy...about 6-7 months ago in BKK 6 kids were wiped out in an accident in BKK involving a bimmer jockey and a HGV. Kids will be kids...get fukced up and want to impress their friends and etc. In all cases they didn't know what hit them. It is a tragedy for their families, friends and associates...those that are left.

Leave off blaming anyone...give a thought to the others who now are suffering...shit like this is always gonna happen...

it will never happen here, the police are about as much use as the popes balls, we have all seen traffic police standing around ignoring outrageous driving behaviour whilst waiting to grab some kid for a minor motorcycle problem.

until they are taught how to be professional and responsible the motoring laws here are meaningless.

of course it is also quite handy to be able to get away with running a red light by paying 200b rather than going to court and having your licence stamped.

Amen!