Leica dealers Bangkok?

Thanks mate, never knew that place existed^^

If you use the general link that @halfaboy supplied you will find three places actually.

Of the course the only ones in Thailand.

The next ones in Singapore or Hongkong tongue.png

In MBK on the first floor (near the Starbucks) there is a camera shop that carries new and used Leica.

Also if you come across one that carries the new Q... Post the location & price ;-)

AVcamera got some this week I believe, all reserved. Price around 155,000. If you want one, you will have to put your name on a list.

In MBK on the first floor (near the Starbucks) there is a camera shop that carries new and used Leica.

Also if you come across one that carries the new Q... Post the location & price ;-)

AVcamera got some this week I believe, all reserved. Price around 155,000. If you want one, you will have to put your name on a list.

Hmm, I am going to call in there tomorrow this list sounds kinda shit, <deleted> i I do not wanna mess about with lists and waiting

Hmm, I am going to call in there tomorrow this list sounds kinda shit, <deleted> i I do not wanna mess about with lists and waiting

The Q is out of stock everywhere. If you want one at some point in the near future, you'll have to put your name down in a queue for the Q. I added myself to the waiting list at AV and then cancelled after reading reviews and handling one in the Leica store in Singapore (where they also have a waiting list).

But then maybe you will get lucky!

1. Build quality - Reports from various users with minor problems such as their glasses scratching the viewfinder window and dust on the sensor. In the hand it feels nothing like an M, with plastic construction in various places. Just doesn't feel special enough to justify the price.

2. I decided that 28mm was not really what I wanted to shoot. Rather wait for the inevitable 35mm version; or maybe the Sony RX2 will offer similar for less money.

3. Concerns about warranty - If there are any issues, it would have to go back to Germany. A TV member is going to be waiting 5 months for his M to have the strap lugs refitted.... This, of course, is a concern with buying any new Leica.

In the end, I decided I didn't want to get one. Instead, I cheered myself up by getting this:

19715252005_95c2e639dc_o.jpg1959 Leica M3 by Spike Tennyson, on Flickr

The Q is out of stock everywhere. If you want one at some point in the near future, you'll have to put your name down in a queue for the Q. I added myself to the waiting list at AV and then cancelled after reading reviews and handling one in the Leica store in Singapore (where they also have a waiting list).

But then maybe you will get lucky!

The Q looks nice but I think I will be going for the M Monochrom Silver Chrome.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get one?

Thorsten Overgaard has some interesting articles on this (and other Leica subjects):

http://www.overgaard.dk/leica-M-Monochrom-Type-246-Digital-Rangefinder-Camera-black-and-white-sensor-page-26-The-Leica-M-246-CMOS-Monochrom.html

Just got back to BKK so will be picking it up tomorrow^^

Archived