Sydney Thai Consulate Multi-Entry Non-B Visa: Success

I'm posting this because if my memory serves I thought I read on this forum in the past two months that someone tried to go to the Thai Consulate in Sydney and was told that for a Multi-Entry Non Immigrant-B Visa required dealing with the Embassy in Canberra. If my memory served me badly, please ignore this post.

Summary: Submitted the paperwork for my Multi-Entry Non-Immigrant B Visa on 20 July 2015 and received my passport back with said visa on 22 July 2015.

Details:

Went to the Thai Consulate in Sydney at Level 8, Hudson House 131 Macquarie Sydney NSW 2000. On Tuesday morning at 9:30 dropped of my paperwork and passport with AUD $225 payment. Paperwork included:

- Passport

- Copy of Passport

- Passport photo for applicaiton

- Invitation Letter from local company: Letter from our Thai office requesting a multiple- entry B Visa from our stating the purpose of my visits to Thailand. (Meetings with local suppliers).

- Letter from Employer stating applicant's position, salary, length of employment and purpose of visit: Submitted a letter from my company's headquarters in the USA.

- Copy of my Business ETA for Australia (required by the Sydney Thai Consulate if not applicant Australian). I'm

- The application Form A filled out correctly

- The paperwork requested from our Thai Office

- A photocopy of concerned company/organisation's registration or license in Thailand
- Copies of corporate documents of company in Thailand as follow: 1) list of shareholders 2) company profile 3) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax.

Edited by GotSeoul

Thanks for this report.

Just FYI, most, if not all Australian consulates can issue non-B multi entry visas. Exceptions are for nationals of certain countries, even if they are permanent residents of Australia they still need to apply for any visa (even a tourist visa) in Canberra only. There is a comprehensive list of nationals this applies to, but from memory this list includes Sri Lankans, Chinese and even Vietnamese.

I have been issued with non-B multi entries in Sydney, Perth and Melbourne. When I applied in Sydney in December 2003, the price was already the same as now (AUD 225) and all the documents were faxed to the consulate by my employer so not sure what was provided. Same story for Perth in 2008 - all documents faxed there and I sent my passport over.

Last year I applied for one in Melbourne, and as a dual national (I am Australian and Swiss) I wanted to apply on my Swiss passport but had documents prepared for both passports just in case.

I confirmed with the Melbourne consulate that applying on a Swiss passport was OK - it was. I supplied a letter from my Thai counterpart indicating the need for multiple entries, a letter from my Australian company (initially I didn't have the ABN but this wasn't an issue), I brought along the Thai company licence indicating a capitalization of more than 2 million Baht, as mentioned on the website but in the end they didn't want it. Visa was issued the same day, ready for pick up the next day although they always say they will only return passports 2 days later? My passport was sent back to me in Sydney as I wasn't in Melbourne anymore on the day of pick up and it arrived on the Friday preceding my early morning Monday flight out of Australia, initially to Singapore. So just in time.

Later this year, I plan to apply for a new non-B multi entry, probably again in Melbourne as Sydney seems to require more documents as your example shows.

• Like 1

Actually by the looks of it, the only additional documents you supplied compared to me was the Thai company's registration/licence and company document list, as well as the ETA for your passport (you left it out but it sounds like you are American).

• Like 1

Actually by the looks of it, the only additional documents you supplied compared to me was the Thai company's registration/licence and company document list, as well as the ETA for your passport (you left it out but it sounds like you are American).

" ... (you left it out but it sounds like you are American)."

Yes, from the Great State of Texas. :-)

• Like 1