Curfew Information

Thai-Spy

I am veering towards yes, as I'm sure people will want to drink and party post-coup. As many were drinking and partying during prime-time coup, I don't think there should be a problem. The only concern is whether or not the hours will be normal.

All rumours. This morning, when I left my apartment to work, the girl in the lobby told me that there might be a curfew soon, so I better stay ("her friend told her..."). I didn't pay attention to that and she was surprised that I went out despite her warning. Obviously, there was no curfew.

In these times rumours can spread easily.

What is happening here is your confusing CURFEW AND MARTIAL LAW.

There has been no mention of a curfew which does involve the restriction of movement between certain hours.

Martial law interpreted basically means that the Army have taken over rule in the short term.

macb

movie theaters at emporium and paragon closed early, premiere of 'world trade center' was pushed back until tomorrow.

generally 9pm seems to be closing time for most major places. seem to be plenty of street carts etc open over here in thonburi, as far as i can tell from the 22nd floor... can't speak to watering holes over in 'the city'...

as martial laws go, this is kinda martial law lite. in new york not only did we have tanks we had f16s circling and i had to show my ID to get home.

7:10 pm The ARC issues an order to maintain the status of Khunying Jaruvan Maintaka as the auditor-general.

but then...

The order removes the State Audit Commission but maintains Jaruvan's status as well as maintaining the provision of the SAC Act. :D

7:29 pm A spokesman of the ARC announces that the ARC has not imposed curfew and the people can live their life as usual.....Cowboy Open...Yippee :o:D