One week to go: deadline for mandatory prepaid SIM card registration!

Jonathan Fairfield

Registered mine today in Bangkok at the AIS store in the Big C building on Rama 4 Road. I tried dialing the number given here but I was getting messaged in Thai script also and was not sure if I needed to do it or not. I did need to do it I found out at the store and the girl there was very helpful and it took about 1 minute to complete the process. She asked for my phone which had the SIM card in it and my passport, no charge.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think that any Thai issued sim cards lasted for a year? Maximum of 4 months nowadays, and many only a month?

You only need a new sim card if you've got a mad girl chasing you. I've had mine for a couple of years now.

I didn't think that any Thai issued sim cards lasted for a year? Maximum of 4 months nowadays, and many only a month?

You only need a new sim card if you've got a mad girl chasing you. I've had mine for a couple of years now.

Mad girl for a couple of years -- that's some kind of record :)

I should have asked, "Aside from being cut off...." I thought maybe they would have a penalty fine for being late. Thanks for the good thought about long lines tomorrow. I rarely use this cheap old phone anyway... will wait to see if there will be an actual cut-off. Either way I'll.wait till early next week.

Your phoone will be cut off, then reactivated when you register. May be long queues tomorrow.

Do you just make up things as you go along?

Call DTAC.......... you still have 7 days from tomorrow to register and you will not be cut off during that time

Archived