Craft Beer Prices

smokie36

Why are some of the beer prices in town so exorbitant?

Had a beer with a pal in Silom the other week and two pints was 870 Baht..and this was the cheapest draught beer on the menu!

When you can get 100 Baht pints of local beer all day long why do I see these places crowded out of an evening?

Are we all mad????

Ahh rant over thanks.

Why are some of the beer prices in town so exorbitant?

Had a beer with a pal in Silom the other week and two pints was 870 Baht..and this was the cheapest draught beer on the menu!

When you can get 100 Baht pints of local beer all day long why do I see these places crowded out of an evening?

Are we all mad????

Ahh rant over thanks.

Praise be they weren't charging that much for Tennants and a Buckie chaser.

Aren't all these fancy pubs the new in trend place in Thailand for the burgeoning middle classes? A fair number of my Thai colleagues love to tell me about how great their Brewdog IPA is (all with corresponding instaspam pic). It's like Krispy Kreme donuts, but with beer instead.

Good thing it's so expensive, otherwise I'd probably never find my way home :-p

Pattaya

Dumb comment of the day. Next.

Dumb reply of the day. Next. I was trying to load a photo that would not load at first. See if I help you in the future.thumbsup.gif

Don't mind smokie old mate he can't help himself.

I could tell him 20 places to get excellent non/Thai beer at reasonable prices but let the big know it all bar owner figure it out for himself.wai2.gif

Pattaya

Dumb reply of the day. Next. I was trying to load a photo that would not load at first. See if I help you in the future.thumbsup.gif

This is the BANGKOK forum.

Try reading properly before commenting.

I know where to get beer in Pattaya thanks.

Pattaya

I could tell him 20 places to get excellent non/Thai beer at reasonable prices but let the big know it all bar owner figure it out for himself.wai2.gif

I don't run a bar smartazz.

Pattaya

I don't run a bar smartazz.

Sorry about that I thought you had a place in who ah hin. Must be some other guy. It is kind of a good thing though as you really should know more about beer prices if you were in the business.

I'm just having a rant about the stupidity of beer prices and all the idiots who are queueing up, lost, that's all...have a good day!

Do you think the prices at Hopf are excessive? The beer is great.

Not a huge fan of the pizza...but yeah the beer is fine...its good at Tawandeng in Bangkok too ...my ire is at these new Craft beer places charging 400 Baht for average American beer.

I'm just having a rant about the stupidity of beer prices and all the idiots who are queueing up, lost, that's all...have a good day!

Not a huge fan of the pizza...but yeah the beer is fine...its good at Tawandeng in Bangkok too ...my ire is at these new Craft beer places charging 400 Baht for average American beer.

Mussels in tomato sauce, German Pork Chop, Pork Knuckles...... I couldn't tell you much about the Pizza as I always eat the German food there. They make their own sauerkraut too.

Mussels in tomato sauce, German Pork Chop, Pork Knuckles...... I couldn't tell you much about the Pizza as I always eat the German food there. They make their own sauerkraut too.

Good beer...pork knuckle and Frankie Knuckles please!

Because people are willing to pay them.

But that's nuts isn't it?

Or do people feel the beer is?...it all gets you drunk local or imported.

You sure you're not a bar owner Smokie?

Quality not quantity (but not at 400 baht!)

It's due to the import duties of alcohol here. Some 300%. Ridiculous. I just came back from the Baltic states where you could get a fantastic mug of draft beer, brewed locally, for 45-60B, or less! With lots of different ones on offer.

500ml bottles of all kinds of beer was at times, less than 30B at the local store. Great beer. Nothing like we have here. Unfortunately. The beer prices here are ridiculous. Way cheaper in neighboring countries.

It's due to the import duties of alcohol here. Some 300%. Ridiculous. I just came back from the Baltic states where you could get a fantastic mug of draft beer, brewed locally, for 45-60B, or less! With lots of different ones on offer.

500ml bottles of all kinds of beer was at times, less than 30B at the local store. Great beer. Nothing like we have here. Unfortunately. The beer prices here are ridiculous. Way cheaper in neighboring countries.

I don't think that applies to craft beer made in Thailand.

Agreed, but allows them to charge ridiculous prices. Right? I never spent more than a few dollars for a draft beer in the Baltics. Same with when I was in Czech. Now Stockholm...that's another story! But outside the Old Town, the prices show here on that bill were about the same. And the quality/variety was much better in Sweden.

You have missed your opportunity to be a true Journalist, and not just a commentator.

I am sure that others, like me, quickly read your post and saw

"Went for beer, pint, 870 Baht ... WOW."

Not nearly as eye catching is --- "Went for beer, pint, 435 baht"

There is an arse for every seat .. never in 100 years would I pay that for ... Beer ... a cocktail .. MAYBE in a really nice place with a million dollar view outside .. and ...inside.

Beer? Madness.

I think its a fad thing or a face thing. I remember going to Nick's Tavern twenty odd years ago and being blown away at the prices and how proud the waiter was to let you pick your own steak that was frozen glacier solid.

Aren't all these fancy pubs the new in trend place in Thailand for the burgeoning middle classes? A fair number of my Thai colleagues love to tell me about how great their Brewdog IPA is (all with corresponding instaspam pic). It's like Krispy Kreme donuts, but with beer instead.

Good thing it's so expensive, otherwise I'd probably never find my way home :-p

this type of grog is brewed for mamby/pampy , wishy/washy . foo/foo , week end tuff guys . by "tuff" guys , i mean dudes that do not mind spending 900 bhat for 2 beers . myself i would have a breakdown , fall on the floor crying mercy , mercy , if the check came my way .

Just one of 5 reasons I am not living here full time after 2016.

They actually make craft beer here? Where? What's it called?

Archived