Laos Trip - Travel Agents?

Jalph

Hello

Wondering if anyone can recommend a travel agent in town that might be able to organise a trip to Laos. Hoping to go by boat down there and fly back.

Has anyone used an agent they've been happy with that can organise this type of a trip??

thanks

There is very little to organize. I suppose you want to go to Luang Prabang.

Just go to the busstation and take the bus to Chiang Khong (there are two busses, the slowly one goes every halve an hour, the fast :o one every hour or so. The last one is said to do it in 2,5 hour, the first one takes 3 hours). If you arrive before five o'clock in Chiang Khong you check in at a guesthouse and ask them to go for the Laos visa.

At 8 o'clock you will have it and next morning you first take the ferry to the other side and then at about 8 o'clock in the morning the boat to Luang Prabang.

From Luang Prabang you can fly to Chiang Mai as far as I am informed.

Have a nice trip!

Limbo :D

Just go to the busstation and take the bus to Chiang Khong (there are two busses, the slowly one goes every halve an hour, the fast :o one every hour or so. The last one is said to do it in 2,5 hour, the first one takes 3 hours). If you arrive before five o'clock in Chiang Khong you check in at a guesthouse and ask them to go for the Laos visa.

At 8 o'clock you will have it and next morning you first take the ferry to the other side and then at about 8 o'clock in the morning the boat to Luang Prabang.

Have a nice trip!

Limbo,

I have been advised that there are alot of different ferries that will take you down the Mae Kong and that it is important to choose a recommended company to be sure of having the bast trip. I have had friends that have been squashed in like sardines and really did'nt talk very highly of it. On the other hand I have heard from others that some ferries/ rafts were very comfortable.

If this is the case I would like to use a tried and tested company where I know I would enjoy myself.

There must be someone here that has booked a trip through an agent here!

In The Rai!

Edited by In the Rai!

Have a nice trip!

Limbo,

I have been advised that there are alot of different ferries that will take you down the Mae Kong and that it is important to choose a recommended company to be sure of having the bast trip. I have had friends that have been squashed in like sardines and really did'nt talk very highly of it. On the other hand I have heard from others that some ferries/ rafts were very comfortable.

If this is the case I would like to use a tried and tested company where I know I would enjoy myself.

There must be someone here that has booked a trip through an agent here!

In The Rai!

Yeh I'm reading some interesting things on the Lonely Plant site from other travellers - lots of boats that stuff way too many people on them and then try and scam you for accom options. hmmm.

If anyone has a name of a tour boat that is a little more comfortable and reliable that would be great.

Also I'm wondering if I'll need to stay overnight in Chiang Khong if I bus from Chiang Rai? ie.if the boats all leave at 8am?