New trend of young, educated Thai women with farang husbands emerges: researcher

webfact

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, for a lot of the women in Thailand (and in Asia in general), foreign husbands can be quite attractive as they value different things. As some pointed out, women who aren't seen as "attractive" here actually have characteristics that appeal to westerners. My wife turns heads among westerners and gets compliments from men and women. In Thailand, forget about it, as her skin is too dark (even though she isn't really that dark at all).

So, it would make total sense for a smart woman who doesn't fit the white, white, white thing to go to those who truly appreciate her. Of course, that is just the beginning of an attraction, but from there, things take off.

I think a lot has to do with increasing independence and education of Thai women which mirrors what has happened in other countries. We come from such countries so we have adapted and accepted women who are independent, work hard and have their own income. I think a lot of Thai men are more traditional and don't easily accept this change. They still want to feel they are the bread winner and in charge. And once their are over 30, their days are numbered in terms of forming a relationship with a Thai man, unless he is substantially older than him.

Well, for a lot of the women in Thailand (and in Asia in general), foreign husbands can be quite attractive as they value different things.

I actually doubt any woman in the world wants a husband who is over age 40.

Old men of any nationality are generally not attractive to women (of any age).

She might want a house, a car, gold, money, but not an old man.

A house full of cats is what 'she' finds really attractive.

Well, for a lot of the women in Thailand (and in Asia in general), foreign husbands can be quite attractive as they value different things.

George Clooney - 54

Brad Pitt - 51

I reckon they'd probably find a wife, even if they had my bank balance rather than theirs.

George Clooney - 54

Brad Pitt - 51

I reckon they'd probably find a wife, even if they had my bank balance rather than theirs.

As long as they stayed in the West. Good looking guys with no cash marry Farang women - at least that has been my experience. Thai women demand a bit more than a pretty face.wai2.gif

wub.png

I wish the guys with the Rose coloured glasses good luck.

You will need it and a lot more.

4 years they say is the average White/Thai marriage.

Well, I am just past the decade mark with my wife and I am as happy with her as many people I know in the west. Sure, some may have "rose colored" glasses, but you have to realize that some people have marriages that work, at least as well as back at home (how long does the average marriage last in those countries?).

Of course, having some knowledge of Asia, Thailand in particular, and the language does help.

wub.png

I wish the guys with the Rose coloured glasses good luck.

You will need it and a lot more.

4 years they say is the average White/Thai marriage.

Well, I am just past the decade mark with my wife and I am as happy with her as many people I know in the west. Sure, some may have "rose colored" glasses, but you have to realize that some people have marriages that work, at least as well as back at home (how long does the average marriage last in those countries?).

Of course, having some knowledge of Asia, Thailand in particular, and the language does help.

Mine lasted about 30 years in the west, first 25 were fine.

Report back how yours is doing in another 15 years.

In Asia mine has lasted 6 years, pretty good so far ..............

• 2 weeks later...

"Third, most of these women do not possess the appearance which is valued by Thai men (Chinese-like faces, white skin and skinny bodies). White men however find them attractive."

Must be millions of disappointed and frustrated Thai guys then.

She contradicted herself there, as the woman in the photo is clearly the type that would attract Thai men.

The days of young Western men only marrying Issan women are fading.

I'm in my mid-40s and am still attracting girls in their early 20s. You have demonstrated that you know nothing about women.

I'm in my mid-40s and am still attracting girls in their early 20s. You have demonstrated that you know nothing about women.

Actually he is correct.

This research is <deleted>. She sets out by implying these relationships are about love and attraction. But later she identifies three main reasons these women go for foreigners: 1) learn English, 2) more applications and dating websites (more of a method than a reason), and 3) Thai guys don't like em. I see this way of thinking in low-end research all the time. The author finds a conclusion they want, then arrive at it even if their evidence doesn't support it. If I were her prof, I'd give her low marks on this one.

This research is <deleted>. She sets out by implying these relationships are about love and attraction. But later she identifies three main reasons these women go for foreigners: 1) learn English, 2) more applications and dating websites (more of a method than a reason), and 3) Thai guys don't like em. I see this way of thinking in low-end research all the time. The author finds a conclusion they want, then arrive at it even if their evidence doesn't support it. If I were her prof, I'd give her low marks on this one.

Alternatively,

Bang her and give her a top score.

Well, for a lot of the women in Thailand (and in Asia in general), foreign husbands can be quite attractive as they value different things. As some pointed out, women who aren't seen as "attractive" here actually have characteristics that appeal to westerners. My wife turns heads among westerners and gets compliments from men and women. In Thailand, forget about it, as her skin is too dark (even though she isn't really that dark at all).

So, it would make total sense for a smart woman who doesn't fit the white, white, white thing to go to those who truly appreciate her. Of course, that is just the beginning of an attraction, but from there, things take off.

I think a lot has to do with increasing independence and education of Thai women which mirrors what has happened in other countries. We come from such countries so we have adapted and accepted women who are independent, work hard and have their own income. I think a lot of Thai men are more traditional and don't easily accept this change. They still want to feel they are the bread winner and in charge. And once their are over 30, their days are numbered in terms of forming a relationship with a Thai man, unless he is substantially older than him.

When push comes to shove though, many of those western women will admit they want a man that makes more money than they do. Just like they'll admit they want an older man and won't date guys that are shorter than they are.

"Educated" is the funny part.

In a country where a blank copy gives you a pass and where no university has any credit whatsoever outside its borders.

A common comment, but in fact not all that true.

Many Thai universities have exchange programs (both directions) with highly credible offshore universities.

The offshore universities wouldn't agree to these arrangements unless they are convinced of local credibility.

In fact all universities, all countries are very serious about accreditation by internationally accepted accreditation bodies which regularly look at numerous internal and external factors.

Example: Universities in Germany (many have exchange programs with several Thai unis) would never enter such arrangements if there was any chance it would damage to their overall accreditations.

• 1 month later...

Many people all around the world are attracted to the exotic, pretty much every average looking human goes up a few notches in perceived attractiveness once they are transplanted to an area where their features are not commonplace.

Actually there is an interesting theory.

That the human genepool is so small and we all come from such a small group, estimated to have been only around 5000 strong, that we are programmed by mother nature to be attracted to those different from us in order to diversify the genepool as much as possible.

Have heard the same theory and it makes a lot of sense - also noticed that mixed race kids (whatever the mix) tend to look healthier than average, be taller than average, and appear (at least to my eyes) more attractive than average.

On the other side, when a limited gene pool is kept to, there can often be found illness and disability - for example the prevalence of haemophilia among European royals.

This references one of the studies, but there are others - http://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/may/24/genes-human-attraction

That's very true. Among Eastern European jews (almost all are now living in US & Israel), breast cancer prevalence is very high, and there are a few other rare genetic diseases.

And since some genes need to be carried by both parents in order for the gene to be active, for a European man, having kids with a Thai woman would be safer from a purely biological standpoint.

We of course only look at them as exotic/hot/pretty or whatever the case is, but underneath it's a pretty sophisticated survival mechanizm.

did you meet my well educated wife ?

she's a doctor and what you just wrote is 100% accurate

I think my wife finished school when she was 12.

She could barely cook a pot of rice when I met her, and scared me 97 ways to Sunday with her driving. Her smile nailed me though.

Nowadays she is a better driver than me, and can damned sure enough cook better than me.

It's quite nice actually, to let her drive and cook all the time.

She's a swift learner. Scary even.

Speaks Thai, Lao, Khmer & English plus knows a lot of Arabic & Spanish.

..........And I thought I had married a dummy.

She could barely cook a pot of rice when I met her, and scared me 97 ways to Sunday with her driving. Her smile nailed me though.

Nowadays she is a better driver than me, and can damned sure enough cook better than me.

Maybe she learned all those languages in another "job" before she met you? Just a thought . whistling.gif

Maybe she learned all those languages in another "job" before she met you? Just a thought . whistling.gif

She grew up on Lao & Khmer (and Thai) in Surin.

She learned her Arabic in Kuwait with me.

She picked up a bit of Spanish watching US television broadcasts.

She's quite the linguist.

----------------

I got accused of NOT being from the USA here the other day.

I had used some British terms.

I'm from Florida, and got TOTALLY BUSTED by the gal that cuts my hair every once in a blue moon in Georgia the other day, due to my Florida accent.

I called her to make an appointment & she says "You're that Florida boy right?".

Wow. So all those posters with young, university educated wives who never ask for money for their family are real after all biggrin.png

The fact that you find the notion that those people do exist impossible to believe is really quite sad. Honestly, there's some of the most bitter people I've ever come across on this forum.

Don't worry about the bitter ones (although I think kkery was just joking) as they are bitter here, there, everywhere. They hate it all cuz they have failed in most things they ever tried (where others succeeded). They go to a country where it's too hot, with too difficult a language, too dirty, too 3rd world, too corrupt so they can do what they do best: complaining, moaning, blaming others. They are some of the most pathetic guys on this planet. Add to that that most are crypto-fascists (and blatant racists!) and u know why I don't talk to them the rare times i encounter them (complaing, moaning, knowing everything better). Looooooooooosers!

I wish to introduce you to my 2nd cousin. She is from a good family. 190cm but very stylish! Mid '40s.

Recently, she observed gay tendencies but has low mileage. Quality care-giver; home-lover; gardener.

She would like to meet you BUT slowly does it - shy!

If you wish to meet, a nominal spotter's fee is payable - series 750 BMW; black (of course); sunroof; BOSE stereo.

Happy journey to you both.

I found quite the opposite, and this was in west, when i hit my early 40's i was swimmin in it.

Never had so much female attention.

I fugure it comes from not trying so dang hard to get to home base all the time and i think females had a tad more respect for that and curiosity about a single older guy with no hangups.

At some stage though i turned into the person that was doing the scrutinising, and it was me doing the picking and choosing instead of having them do that to me.

of course i am older now, and well, in Thailand you only need show a bit of special interest in someone to have them all over you.

sometimes its just a matter of wiggling your eyebrows in a certain way.

And stacks of women in England go out with black men because they are bigger.

You really think that's the reason white women go out with black men?

How old are you? 13?

so pray tell why do they go out with black men? It's funny though why some farang love to use the "penile" comparison when comparing themselves to asian men when it's not set in stone that they will be bigger but suddenly get defensive when it involves black men.

He's not being defensive. He's pointing out a stupid comment where he sees one.

But yeah, you must be right. Black people have nothing at all to offer any potential partners beyond penis size. mellow.png

ok my pt is just the double standards when it comes to penis size.

Archived