New trend of young, educated Thai women with farang husbands emerges: researcher

webfact

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that A grade Thai blokes marry A grade Thai girls. But the A grade girls are not always geniuses, they however come from the correct families and have the right looks. I cant remember seeing or knowing any foreigner marrying an A grade Thai girl. That leaves us with the lower graded girls, thats devided between the rest of the Thai guys and the foreigners.

Princess Ubolratana went to MIT, got a BS in mathematics and a Masters at UCLA. I would call her A grade. She married Peter Jensen, an American.

First prize for most non-sensical comment!

"Third, most of these women do not possess the appearance which is valued by Thai men (Chinese-like faces, white skin and skinny bodies). White men however find them attractive"

I think the writer is looking for a farang husband.

Maybe it because so many Thai men are a*holes ?

That pretty much sums it up. I've had several young, attractive, well educated Thai women with good jobs ask me where they can meet nice young western men. They've had some experience with Thai men and didn't like it.

Unfortunately for me I don't meet the young criteria, and unfortunately for tourists these women are not interested in being someone's short-time girl friend. Unfortunately for these young ladies there is a shortage of decent, responsible young western men who aren't already taken; I couldn't offer the ladies any names.

Haha I can't you agree with this pro

I think it is a natural development, as a lot of these fairly well educated girls have now become relatively financially independent - so they are looking for something else than a monetary security. I also see the demographic of foreigners in Thailand changing over the years - more and more young foreign entrepreneurs coming out here with a good education and career aspirations.

Of course everybody is looking for love, but suddenly the girl can now choose from other parameters than the barstool guy in his wifebeater shirt, and instead loook for a guy who is intellectually stimulating, a guy (or girl for that matter) with a more global approach to life and who have career aspirations etc.

Now with that ground breaking analysis can I have my honorary doctor title from Thammasat?

What a load of rubbish. it is still because FRARANG WHITE MEN are better and have better pension plans. Nothing more nothing less

Yeah. There's no fooling you. Must be a burden sometimes being so much smarter than most everyone else.

Wow. So all those posters with young, university educated wives who never ask for money for their family are real after all biggrin.png

Yes, we are...

Even if the farangs who have never met a Thai woman who didn't work in a bar don't believe us.

I have been Happily ( most of the time) married to a university educated Thai woman for 14 years...and expect another 14 years.

Believe me, it is not money she married me for.

She was doing pretty well before we met!

So does this mean that farangs will no longer be getting fleeced by the cunning Thai female?

But seriously, the only question I would have is why would a young, educated, good-looking, and successful farang guy be searching for a wife in Thailand? Aren't there any young, attractive, and educated farang women in the west anymore?

Yes there are. But unfortunately they're farang women.

Nice article. Apparently the overwhelming reason Thai women hung out with farang men was only financial. But now, it's love.

Is this the most xenophobic article ever written. Prized Chinese faces etc etc.

Obviously the Princess who married a foreigner did so for money.

We all know it's because Thai men have small packers I reckon....

Not lady boys. My gosh they are giant size. I think the above poster should take a trip to boys town just for educational purposes. Or maybe a weekend in Chiang Mai.

Exactly,....one of my friends who is gay can corroborate this....He told me he had a great Thai boyfriend with a giant size one....

I believe that A grade Thai blokes marry A grade Thai girls. But the A grade girls are not always geniuses, they however come from the correct families and have the right looks. I cant remember seeing or knowing any foreigner marrying an A grade Thai girl. That leaves us with the lower graded girls, thats devided between the rest of the Thai guys and the foreigners.

Re. your "I cant remember seeing or knowing any foreigner marrying an A grade Thai girl." Maybe that's because you're not an A-grade farang.

Sounds like a sensible article and conclusion to me. The problem that most farangs have (and I am no exception, I made the big mistake but got out of it as soon as the penny dropped) is that when we come here we mostly consort with the bottom of the barrel in what is basically a 3rd world country, so what can you expect ? There are lots of educated thai ladies out there who are sensible enough to realize that getting married to someone who will treat them like a slave is not what they really want. I won,t say all, but the vast majority of thai males leave a lot to be desired, have a great tendency to throw their wives out as soon as she has a child, plus a feeling that they are entitled to use extreme violence against their wives. I would expect the number of cross race relations to continue to rise as it becomes more socially acceptable, which it will.

wub.png

I wish the guys with the Rose coloured glasses good luck.

You will need it and a lot more.

4 years they say is the average White/Thai marriage.

I never found "they" to be an accurate and reliable source of information.

wub.png

Well, I was married for 2 years, but then I wasn't married to a hooker.

What are you implying with the rose-tinted glasses?

Please elaborate.

Cynics commonly use this term to describe those who disagree with their negative views.

It is not "farang" is "falan".

No, Farang or Farrang.....comes from the time when the French were making the first diplomatic contacts with the Thais. white people were all seen as French or Farancai..../ Farrancai

Most Thais are to lazy to speak there language correctly and replace the R by L...or don't say the S at the end of a word that ends with a s. ....and a lot can not pronounce a R....maybe out of laziness to.....!!!

Check it out....!

wub.png

I think that's more to do with the average remaining life expectancy of the guys that traditionally come here and get married.

wub.png

Please elaborate.

Cynics commonly use this term to describe those who disagree with their negative views.

I'm with my wife for over 16 years and married 9.......but then again she is well educated comes from a good family and has never been a hooker.....!

Well, you either get o domestic Somchai, who beats you up daily, uses all your earnings to gamble, get drunk and fornicate, or you get a handsum import man. No brainer, really.

Maybe not,...some farangs are just like the basic Somchai.....some even worse.....!!!

Farangs, come in all sorts and sizes to......there is no basic Farang...like everywhere ells there are good and bad......

A few years back I was at a night club, went outside as it was about to close. I had a drunk conversation with a young obviously higher class Thai guy. At some point he says to me: "You know, I feel sorry for you farang guys. You always end up with the ugliest chicks!"

And that pretty much sums it up

wub.png

Please elaborate.

I'm with my wife for over 16 years and married 9.......but then again she is well educated comes from a good family and has never been a hooker.....!

school isn't where you get character. the low self-esteem force is out en masse. blind on blind time once again @TV

This is a surprising trend, since only a few months ago it was in the news that more middle class Thai women are remaining single.

I draw the conclusion that educated, middle class women are fleeing Thailand and it's conservative old fart "government" by scores. Step one, get rid of Thai men, step 2, get a farang, step 3, move out with said farang. They were in step 1 a few months ago, so if the trend holds, within six months there should be a mass exodus.

"Westerners like to think that Thai women are good at cooking and doing chores."

Not this westerner. I find it depends largely on the individual. I had one Thai gf that would be aghast if I tried to wash a dish or sweep the floor. I tried to explain the concept of equality in a relationship, whoosh over her head. On the other end of the spectrum my wife is quite happy to see me drudging away with house chores and of course, being the handyman. biggrin.png

Yea and I married her sister

A few years back I was at a night club, went outside as it was about to close. I had a drunk conversation with a young obviously higher class Thai guy. At some point he says to me: "You know, I feel sorry for you farang guys. You always end up with the ugliest chicks!"

And that pretty much sums it up

Do you often base your understanding of things upon a drunk conversation with one person?

Archived