Can I buy alcohol in a hotel/restaurant in Pattaya, 30/31st ?

jamie2009

According to the latest announcements... No...

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/alcohol-sales-banned-on-vesak-day/91810/

These announcements are made every year, some holidays are taken more seriously than others, this year it appears more serious, but some restaurants and hotels may take the chance and sell you a 'tea pot' of beer....

When there is a baht to be made, they seem to find a way. Little mom and pop shops perhaps best bet. Lots of bars will serve you in something that doesn't look like alcohol container. Perhaps good day for vodka and OJ? I don't drink, but why should pagans, Christians, whatever have to go along with this?

I've been in Pattaya during many of these 'alcohol free holidays' but have never failed to obtain beer when I want it. Steer clear of the major tourist precincts like Walking St and Beach Rd and busy roads. Try the restaurants and bars down the quieter sois and you will be find some who will accommodate you.

Poor guy! What will he do w/o a drink for 2 days?. The injustice of it all.

I know3

There will be many alcoholics, that cannot do with a drink for 2 days, and go round the sois, begging for a teapot, very sad, but that is the state of some non thais

The Mom and Pops stores, I dont think I have ever been turned down. But when you think about it they are the ones that create all the problems selling to minors as well. Close a few dozen of them and see what happens.

Isn't there some kind of exemption for hotels ?

Maybe you need to be staying in the hotel and perhaps eating a meal in the restaurant, I'm not sure but there was an article I read yesterday talking about places you can't buy alcohol over the next couple of days and an 'editors note' was present saying it had been edited to remove hotels from the list...

It's not necessarily that someone can't go two days without alcohol but someone like me who has to work and only has a long weekend like this to allow enough time to get down to pattaya... Want to actually enjoy pattaya for what it is for!

It's not necessarily that someone can't go two days without alcohol but someone like me who has to work and only has a long weekend like this to allow enough time to get down to pattaya... Want to actually enjoy pattaya for what it is for!

Yes. Does the 31st midnight thing mean that bars and clubs will be open and serving as usual from Friday midnight onwards?

Archived