MH370: Plane wreckage found in Indian Ocean tested

webfact

There is one little thing that to me anyway that is puzzling. It is the fact that the ''damaged luggage seems remarkably clean and seems to have little or no marine life on it.

That seems just a little odd when one considers the time spent in the ocean.

There is of course the possibility that in truth the luggage is from another source and hasty conclusions have been made prompted by a linking of vague coincidences and the subsequent result that is inferred.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all pieces of the jigsaw and it's not going to be resolved anytime soon. The slow de-pressurisation theory seems most logical, but it's anyone's guess until more of the wreck is found.

Meantime the experts will have time to identify this part, hopefully confirm or not if it came from the Malaysia flight and maybe get something on a location from the marine life and back tracking the more obvious oceanic drift.

The luggage could easily be a red herring -- plenty of ships in the Indian Ocean, but wait to see if there were airline tags on it. The photo seems to show that the finder opened the bag.

fwiw - I take a quick pic of my luggage just before checkin, and email it to my family. I started doing this after losing a bag years ago and having trouble getting non English speakers to understand the colour etc, when they were looking for it. The same habit could have solved this bags identity very quickly........

Considering the fact that the only floating debris is composite components of the plane.. it's very likely that whoever was in control of the plane de-pressurized the plane. If there were people still alive.. you'd have found someone floating with a life jacket already.

Regarding the fire in the cabin.. that doesn't make sense because a plane would not be able to stay in the air with a fire for 8 hour + flight.

It simply ran out of gas (a major testament to Boeing Engineering that a lunatic on the wheel couldn't just randomly descend like GermanWings.. I wonder if they took that precaution after 9/11 when 4 boeing planes were used as missiles.)

What Boeing "anti-crash" provision/design are you referring to?

Whatever it is didn't work so well for Asiana Airlines Flight 214.

Considering the fact that the only floating debris is composite components of the plane.. it's very likely that whoever was in control of the plane de-pressurized the plane. If there were people still alive.. you'd have found someone floating with a life jacket already.

Regarding the fire in the cabin.. that doesn't make sense because a plane would not be able to stay in the air with a fire for 8 hour + flight.

It simply ran out of gas (a major testament to Boeing Engineering that a lunatic on the wheel couldn't just randomly descend like GermanWings.. I wonder if they took that precaution after 9/11 when 4 boeing planes were used as missiles.)

What Boeing "anti-crash" provision/design are you referring to?

Whatever it is didn't work so well for Asiana Airlines Flight 214.

That is pilot error.. the computer worked perfectly setting up the landing and the pilot screwed it up.

From the NTSB itself: The NTSB accident investigation concluded in June 2014 that the pilots committed between 20 and 30 minor to significant errors in their final approach.

A Boeing 777 plane's computer flies a plane on autopilot from 500 feet after takeoff to 500 feet before landing.

That's why the only problems have been..

1. Rolls Royce Engine Problem (not with GE Engines)

2. Pilot Error

3. Flying over a war zone

4. Smoking in the cockpit

and this MH-370.

I'd rather fly a 777 over a Crashbus if I have a choice. Unfortunately sometimes we just don't have that choice anymore.

I've always been of the opinion that the pilot wanted to hide this aircraft by landing it on the sea intact.

To do that would involve flying at the lowest possible speed, which would mean all flaps deployed.

It's therefore plausible that this got ripped off in the crash, and I would think they'll be able to determine that from the damage.

I've always been of the opinion that the pilot wanted to hide this aircraft by landing it on the sea intact.

To do that would involve flying at the lowest possible speed, which would mean all flaps deployed.

It's therefore plausible that this got ripped off in the crash, and I would think they'll be able to determine that from the damage.

They might be able to see the position of the actuator, which would indicate if it was extended or not. Goodness knows what perverse theory would assume the pilot flew thousands of miles to crash -- or does this also assume that he de-pressurised the cabin, killing all the occupants while he was wearing his oxygen mask, then crash-landed, escaped and was whisked away by men dressed in black jumpsuit driving a rib ???

The flap(a bit more than 2 metres long), arrived in France and the expertise will begin on Wednesday. Boeing will send 4 experts to assist. The judge in charge of the affaire will receive a Malaysian delegation on Monday. The suitcase has been sent to a lab just outside of Paris.

The French TV is starting up the story of the 2 Iranians travelling on forged passports obtained in Thailand. Also that each time the plane changed direction it made sure to avoid at least four major airports, etc. etc.

1) It has already been confirmed that the part is from a Boeing 777

2) No other Boeing 777 has gone missing

3) Boeing 777 parts do not materialise from nowhere, and suddenly wash up on a beach

Only possible conclusion: this has to be from MH370

I don't understand why they do not announce this logic, and have the relatives accept the tragic reality.

The poor souls have suffered long enough.

They might be able to see the position of the actuator, which would indicate if it was extended or not. Goodness knows what perverse theory would assume the pilot flew thousands of miles to crash -- or does this also assume that he de-pressurised the cabin, killing all the occupants while he was wearing his oxygen mask, then crash-landed, escaped and was whisked away by men dressed in black jumpsuit driving a rib ???

Yes it assumes he took control of the cockpit and flew the passengers to their deaths.

This happened again this year in case it escaped your notice.

As for the rest of your nonsense, I have no real comment.

1) It has already been confirmed that the part is from a Boeing 777

2) No other Boeing 777 has gone missing

3) Boeing 777 parts do not materialise from nowhere, and suddenly wash up on a beach

Only possible conclusion: this has to be from MH370

I don't understand why they do not announce this logic, and have the relatives accept the tragic reality.

The poor souls have suffered long enough.

The relatives who have not yet accepted reality will also not accept it based on your logic. They will only accept it when the wreckage has been found, and some may even have hope after that until all the bodies have been found.

Sounds like Plane door has been washed up on Reunion now

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/845141-thailand-live-sunday-2-aug-2015/page-2#entry9690183

there must be some debris field out there,,,,,,

And it also sounds like they jumped the gun on this one:

An object that could be from the missing plane MH370 has been found washed up on Reunion Island, say Sky sources.

Sky's David Bowden said it was discovered in a different location to the flaperon which is currently undergoing tests in France to find out if it is from MH370.

The flaperon was found on a beach in the town of Saint-Andre. Bowden said the new object was found closer to the capital Saint-Denis.

He said that although it is not known if the object is from the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight or from a Boeing 777, it had Chinese and Malaysian writing on it and was thought to be from the inside of an aircraft.

He said it was taken away by police in a box that was about one foot (30cm) square.

Bowden said he approached the officers on Reunion and was told: "No comment."

It was earlier thought that the object found was the door of a plane, but Bowden said that could now not be confirmed.

If and when more parts are found, at least it will stop these crazy Conspiray Theorists from causing distress to families, and to stop some jumping on the bandwagon to write a book about how the americans stole it, ludicrous. The mindset about everything is a conspiracy makes me sick, and baffles me how some people brains work.

Until the wreckage is found and analyzed, any speculation, by any source, is in fact a conspiracy theory... And in this case I doubt whether that will stop the speculation as the root cause died with the crew...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/845141-thailand-live-sunday-2-aug-2015/page-2#entry9690183

An object that could be from the missing plane MH370 has been found washed up on Reunion Island, say Sky sources.

Sky's David Bowden said it was discovered in a different location to the flaperon which is currently undergoing tests in France to find out if it is from MH370.

The flaperon was found on a beach in the town of Saint-Andre. Bowden said the new object was found closer to the capital Saint-Denis.

He said that although it is not known if the object is from the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight or from a Boeing 777, it had Chinese and Malaysian writing on it and was thought to be from the inside of an aircraft.

He said it was taken away by police in a box that was about one foot (30cm) square.

It was earlier thought that the object found was the door of a plane, but Bowden said that could now not be confirmed.

A one foot square box would not hold a very big door -- unless they mean a locker door from the galley or something like that...

A one foot square box would not hold a very big door -- unless they mean a locker door from the galley or something like that...

yes ... I heard earlier a speculation about it being a fragment of a service trolley door

If they do find another piece of debris on the same island then I really doubt that plane crashed off the coast of Australia.

What was really strange was that US Intelligence suddenly released a new projected flight path for MH370

The elephant in the room just won't go away...

If they do find another piece of debris on the same island then I really doubt that plane crashed off the coast of Australia.

What was really strange was that US Intelligence suddenly released a new projected flight path for MH370

Unfortunately conspiracy theorists just won't go away.

Malaysia has been trying to look good to the US, and now, due to a trade deal the current US administration would like to enact, it is in the interest of the US for Malaysia to look good. In the US it is not unusual for deals to be made on the golf course. But if Najib has to step down...

I'm sticking to first impressions on this. The first news I heard of it was that two hours into the flight the plane left Malaysian airspace near Khota Baru. What caught my attention is it didn't make sense, as Khota Baru is more like a half-hour away from KL.

Thie piece that has now been discounted as having come from the aircraft could never have been. It had Chinese lettering (kanji) stamped on it!! The stamp was clearly visible on the TV pics, so no more than a media beat up. Now it's back in the news they'll do anything to keep it there.

Unfortunately conspiracy theorists just won't go away.

Yep, there will be those saying it's at Diego Garcia with pax kept as prisoners, or in the middle east and all pax murdered, before this thread goes another page.

• 2 weeks later...

Except that the electronic evidence, i.e., signals from the aircraft to the engine manufacturer that the engines suffered fuel exhaustion abeam Geraldton in Western Australia, a long way from La Reunion or the maldives.

I am not aware of any "electronic evidence" sent from the aircraft to Rolls Royce at any time after the aircraft"s departure from the South China Sea. The evidence that " the engines suffered fuel exhaustion abeam Geraldton in Western Australia" as far as I know, is purely a theoretical analysis of the ping arcs which were developed from the Immarsat information. Can you enlighten us with regard to this "electronic evidence" with some links please ?

Sorry, I only just saw your post, hence the delayed response.

There was plenty of publicity given to the 'handshakes' between the aircraft via satellite to RR the engine manufacturers at the time, but more recently, this interview refers to just that, the engines flaming out, several minutes after the regular hourly 'contact'. My understanding is that engine info was sent from the aircraft via the Inmarsat satellite to Rolls Royce.

The search authorities seem convinced that the search area is accurate based on that information. From any position, if considered accurate, the aircraft could only glide to a point about 4 times the height (expressed in thousands of feet) expressed in miles, so from 40'000 feet the maximum distance would be 4 X 40 = 160 miles. This could vary a little depending on wind velocity at altitude.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-06/chance-of-finding-mh370-still-good-says-sir-angus/6287434

Except that the electronic evidence, i.e., signals from the aircraft to the engine manufacturer that the engines suffered fuel exhaustion abeam Geraldton in Western Australia, a long way from La Reunion or the maldives.

I am not aware of any "electronic evidence" sent from the aircraft to Rolls Royce at any time after the aircraft"s departure from the South China Sea. The evidence that " the engines suffered fuel exhaustion abeam Geraldton in Western Australia" as far as I know, is purely a theoretical analysis of the ping arcs which were developed from the Immarsat information. Can you enlighten us with regard to this "electronic evidence" with some links please ?

Sorry, I only just saw your post, hence the delayed response.

There was plenty of publicity given to the 'handshakes' between the aircraft via satellite to RR the engine manufacturers at the time, but more recently, this interview refers to just that, the engines flaming out, several minutes after the regular hourly 'contact'. My understanding is that engine info was sent from the aircraft via the Inmarsat satellite to Rolls Royce.

The search authorities seem convinced that the search area is accurate based on that information. From any position, if considered accurate, the aircraft could only glide to a point about 4 times the height (expressed in thousands of feet) expressed in miles, so from 40'000 feet the maximum distance would be 4 X 40 = 160 miles. This could vary a little depending on wind velocity at altitude.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-06/chance-of-finding-mh370-still-good-says-sir-angus/6287434

Sorry but you have no evidence of your supposition. The last message from MH370 to Rolls Royce was at TOC ( top of climb) above the South China Sea - fact ! The later pings are merely a handshake, the equivalent of MH370 saying "hello satellite, are you there ?" and the satellite responding "yes I am here " - nothing more.

From you link:

"ANGUS HOUSTON: The seventh arc is related to the handshakes from the aircraft through the satellite to the satellite ground station. There were seven separate handshakes through the flight. The sixth one occurred more or less as expected, about one hour after the previous transmission. And then the seventh transmission was a partial transmission and it occurred eight minutes after the sixth transmission. And the experts have deducted that that's where the engines probably flamed out or lost power. That's the - that is what has been used to define the search area."

Archived