Is there a law for by passing your ISP using a VPN

smalltalk

Recently I moved to another condo, before I was an happy TRUE user (15GB). After one week trying to transfer the line they came with the disappointed news there were no available lines in my building. I could wait until somebody would cancel their subscription, really YEAH really. Only in Thailand!!!

So I need a new ISP. I called AIS, no coverage in my area, TOT never called back, 3BB they called back. The funny thing was, my fist questions if there was coverage in my area. Seems logical right........... No they first explain their promotion plan.

The 3BB team came by 2 days later. I thought to install but no, 4 people came to bring me the documents to sign.... i choose for the cheaper 10GB package (600THB). My IT friend said it did not really matter because we are talking about local speed. I told him we are living in the jungle and normal rules not apply to reason. Nevertheless I choose the cheaper package (being Dutch). Changed it within a week, everything just was to slow!!

The funny part is and this is now out of experience downloading movies also did not work with 3BB. I had to use my VPN again http://www.debestevpn.nl/aanbeveling/purevpn. I am so happy with this not only I am protected but I can by pass my Thai ISP as well, because they are blocking me. Think they should inform me before what I can and cannot do. Not even know it this is illegal? Do you??? Nevertheless I use my VPN to look Dutch TV. There is a nice ranking of VPN on http://www.debestevpn.nl so you can choose the best...... (www debesteVPN nl)

So my questions is am I doing something what is not allowed by passing my Thai ISP?

What website are you using for the TV shows ? I know the BBC block access to the streaming service from outside the UK.

With a VPN you can fool the BBC because it will show up as an UK IP address (depending what server you connect too)

Go to and choose ur VPN : http://www.debestevpn.nl/ u see a ranking there!! Works perfect for iPlayer BBC. But u can also check out newspapers as some newspapers are block in Thailand. Not know why but it is as it is.....

I am using: http://www.debestevpn.nl/aanbeveling/purevpn

This VPN work nice for streaming like Netflix or BBC iPayer. But a VPN is so much more than this. It protect "peeping Toms" accessing ur mobile phone when ur using Free Wifi at Coffee shops or Hotels. Be careful hackers can easily access ur phone and steal ur date. Why you because they can!!! They will sell ur data and u will never know when it is to late!!! But also keep ur local ISP unaware of what u are doing!! I am doing nothing wrong but I have the right to privacy and my emails or what ever I am doing on the net is my own business!!!

Any questions I will be happy to answer them!!

Using a VPN will fool the "host site" into thinking you are from a place other than Thailand.

However, your ISP knows that the "host site" is streaming video to your computer (Machine ID) and also knows that your computer has accessed the VPN.

You would want to "Spoof" your MAC address...and might want to use TOR for encryption. That should make you "nearly" invisible...but it really will not work if they are onto you..or Interpol/Govt agencies want to see what you are doing.

Tor breaks up and scatters pieces of the data..and those pieces are sent to you from a number of "volunteer" computers...comprising a tor network. The data is also encrypted. Certain agencies know how to "read" and piece together your incoming/outgoing data.

Using a VPN will fool the "host site" into thinking you are from a place other than Thailand.

However, your ISP knows that the "host site" is streaming video to your computer (Machine ID) and also knows that your computer has accessed the VPN.

You would want to "Spoof" your MAC address...and might want to use TOR for encryption. That should make you "nearly" invisible...but it really will not work if they are onto you..or Interpol/Govt agencies want to see what you are doing.

Tor breaks up and scatters pieces of the data..and those pieces are sent to you from a number of "volunteer" computers...comprising a tor network. The data is also encrypted. Certain agencies know how to "read" and piece together your incoming/outgoing data.

Not disagreeing with you but surely the simple answer to the OP is just carry on and not worry about it.......smile.png

Unless he is of the tin foil hat brigade...........whistling.gif

Wasn't it the TOR network that Dread Pirate was using?

I think this pretty much says it all: "Certain agencies know how to "read" and piece together your incoming/outgoing data."

Go to and choose ur VPN : http://www.debestevpn.nl/ u see a ranking there!! Works perfect for iPlayer BBC. But u can also check out newspapers as some newspapers are block in Thailand. Not know why but it is as it is.....

I am using: http://www.debestevpn.nl/aanbeveling/purevpn

This VPN work nice for streaming like Netflix or BBC iPayer. But a VPN is so much more than this. It protect "peeping Toms" accessing ur mobile phone when ur using Free Wifi at Coffee shops or Hotels. Be careful hackers can easily access ur phone and steal ur date. Why you because they can!!! They will sell ur data and u will never know when it is to late!!! But also keep ur local ISP unaware of what u are doing!! I am doing nothing wrong but I have the right to privacy and my emails or what ever I am doing on the net is my own business!!!

Any questions I will be happy to answer them!!

what package did you purchase and how long have you been useing it please?

• 2 weeks later...

It would never be illegal to use a VPN. They were actually invented so that business people and IT admins could remotely access their company networks securely. They're designed to prevent industrial espionage. What you do with a VPN is another matter as technically all the rules still apply.

However, if whoever's watching you can break 128bit AES encryption then you have bigger problems than someone finding out that you've been using BBC iplayer out of region.

Archived