Blood tests (hormone/cholesterol/etc) in Bkk

riorobc023

All of the hospitals offer check-up packages and usually list them on their website.

And they all in my experience do the tests well, but vary greatly in quality of the review of the results - Bumrungrad being in my experience the worst.

I have been happiest with Samitivej and St. Louis in that regard though should add I went only once to St. Louis so may have been a function of which doctor I saw.

Wherever you go, you will need to know what you need in advance, as the advice as to packages is not very good, and the content of packages is geared towards Asian health problems so will not always be the best mix. It is always possible to add tests onto a package, and often less expensive to take a low end package and then selectively add rather than get a high end package that will likely include unnecessary things.

Wherever you go, review the results yourself and make sure any abnormal findings have been explained/investigated to your satisfaction.

I had a full check up at Bangpakok on Rama 2 rd Jomthong. Very nice doctors and service but make sure with any hospital check up that the package will be the price it says..ask if there are any extras on top.

At the end of my check up they tried to charge quite alot extra for a few things claiming I saw extra doctors etc (but its part of the package?)

I think because of being a farang

luckily my thai wife sorted it out

Suspect if you consulted with other doctors because of results there might be an extra charge for that I would think. Believe package would be for tests and one doctor to advise results. But normally doctor visits are well under 1,000 baht at all but the most expensive hospitals.

That is generally correct - price is inclusive of the listed tests and consultation with one doctor to interpret, any referrals based on abnormal results would be extra (and referral should only be if resltl abnormal - and a recommendation to the patient, not automatiocally sending you). Exception in the case of women with packages that include pap smear/thin prep, the cost of the gyn is included as well as the internist who reviews the overall rtesults.

All of the hospitals offer check-up packages and usually list them on their website.

And they all in my experience do the tests well, but vary greatly in quality of the review of the results - Bumrungrad being in my experience the worst.

I have been happiest with Samitivej and St. Louis in that regard though should add I went only once to St. Louis so may have been a function of which doctor I saw.

Wherever you go, you will need to know what you need in advance, as the advice as to packages is not very good, and the content of packages is geared towards Asian health problems so will not always be the best mix. It is always possible to add tests onto a package, and often less expensive to take a low end package and then selectively add rather than get a high end package that will likely include unnecessary things.

Wherever you go, review the results yourself and make sure any abnormal findings have been explained/investigated to your satisfaction.

Sheryl,

Your advice is always topnotch. Today I just had a health checkup at Bumrungrad, so I'm wondering why you note that they (Bumrungrad's) testing is the worse?

The testing part is fine. It is the review of the results that I have repeatedly found to be poor -- missing important findings, not taking the patient history into account in their interpretation etc. Too quick to tell everyone they are fine etc. Bit to be fair, it is some years since I had these experiences. So could have improved.

I would guess, that the OPs 3 tests are available in about a 1000 spots.

He doesn't seem to mention his purpose, and posts no follow up, but I guess one can learn something by reading unrelated answers, which is always good.

• 1 year later...

Hello, can someone explain me how St Louis hospital could be good if they are non profit ?

I mean, how can they buy the expensive equipment and attract good doctors, who mostly are people only working for money without any real interest in what they are doing ?

Still I read many good reviews from St Louis, do you think they have good MRI or CTscan equipment ?

Thank you for your opinion, if you hate them but it's not allowed to say it on this forum (as it seems), please write I LOVE THEM and I will understand :-)

Also, can you tell me if you think it's possible to just walkin to have a full body MRI done ?

http://www.mrithailand.com/index.php?lang=en

I guess that people usually do them when someone tell them, but as I am not people, I would like to do it before I need it, because anyway we do not have any selfie of the inside :-)

Do you think that this place is the cheapest and still good ?

Thank you for all.

Archived