Will I have enough to Live in Udon Thani with this

BarrieSawadee

Why is a usafruct difficult in Udon? Or is it more than they can do?

Get other quotes as suggested as "some" Lawyers in Thailand are criminals in suits. I am not saying your choice is like that and I hope they come from recommendations.

Hiya

I know that's why I posted it why would Udon be harder I am baffled ?

The advice is from Issan Lawyers who I heard were quite good even though I did expect a high price

Not sure if that is a high price or not I will go searching tonight though

I am waiting for three more quotes as well

Cheers

Barrie

Isaan Lawyers do Usafruct, u know two people who have had them done by them in two different provinces. I know all provinces ate not the same, maybe Udon is a difficult place to get them done. I have never heard any negatives about Isaan Lawyers, and they have given me advice on a couple of things and never charged. I think $35,000 is a fair price, but do shop around.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get other quotes as suggested as "some" Lawyers in Thailand are criminals in suits. I am not saying your choice is like that and I hope they come from recommendations.

Hiya

The advice is from Issan Lawyers who I heard were quite good even though I did expect a high price

Cheers

Barrie

Isaan Lawyers do Usafruct, u know two people who have had them done by them in two different provinces. I know all provinces ate not the same, maybe Udon is a difficult place to get them done. I have never heard any negatives about Isaan Lawyers, and they have given me advice on a couple of things and never charged. I think $35,000 is a fair price, but do shop around.
Neither $35,000 (1.3million Baht) nor 35,000Baht is a reasonable cost to draw up a simple Usufruct for an individual. (Unless you happen to be a lawyer who has a boat payment to make) ;)

Hiya

Cheers

Barrie

Neither $35,000 (1.3million Baht) nor 35,000Baht is a reasonable cost to draw up a simple Usufruct for an individual. (Unless you happen to be a lawyer who has a boat payment to make) wink.png

Maybe the 35K includes wills as well for both the thai owner and the incumbent farang. Is so fair price.

I paid THB 22k which included conveyancing of the property, the usufruct and two wills (one being revised).

When?

Nine months ago. The highly respected Khun Sumalee did the work and even attended the Land Office to ensure all went smoothly.

FWIW we did our usufruct at the time of property purchase where the full value of the property was declared, it is at zero rent and we are not legally married.

I'm sorry to have to tell you that you are viewing all this through "rose tinted spectacles!"

First off your 250,000 baht is not nearly enough, 4 times that should be a starting point!

Do not, repeat DO NOT sell your property in the UK. That will increase in value but property here increases very little if at all!

At 45 you are far too young to take up Thai life style and although you're trying to convince yourself you won't, I would be willing to bet money that you will be bored before you're 50!

You may well get on with your Thai family in Udon and you may well pick up Thai enough to have a conversation but have you any idea what these people talk about? Most of them have no knowledge of the outside world, they life revolves around their back yard! Could you get by on a conversation about the price of rice, how was your somtam or how many chickens you have day in day out?

TV may be your last resort when you become bored! Have you ever watched Thai TV? Even if you can get western programs on True you will find they are repeated that many times you can quote them line for line!

I could go on like this but instead just tell you to take it easy, visit Thailand but do not move here yet! If you still feel you want to move here give at least another 10 years but make sure you have more money to back you up.

Sorry to have been blunt but some of the others have let you think living here is a breath of fresh air when for 365 days a year it is hot and humid!

Almost forgot, this is no longer a cheap country! If you need farang foods you will find these at least twice the price back home, sometimes even more! Thais can "eat off the land" by that I mean they can eat certain leaves etc. Can you?

You really do need to step back and think about what you are doing and take things a lot slower!

Good luck whatever you decide!

Hiya Mr Happy in French

I am extremely grateful for Your bluntness actually

I have been waiting for about two Years to pose this question as I wanted to make sure that I was as ready as can be and that I would be able to answer the Questions put to Me adequately

Firstly the 250000 THB is rent Plus another 40000 GBP in the Bank and all Property and Vehicles Paid for

I am pretty sure that We can Live on 7500 THB A week"growing some fresh produce/Fish of our own" which granted will be quite basic which really isn`t a problem to Me as I hate all things Western as in Glutony and Greed (How much does a Man actually need when others in the World get by on Nothing)

Selling the Property is something that I would rather not do however I think that You will find that the UK Housing Market is going To boom a little and then Bust again and I would rather sell at todays price in that case so no Guarantees either way on that one

My age and Boredom I semi agree with however when I visit Thailand I do not do the tourist thing I actually love the rural Life not all that Challenging conversations granted although I think that I would rather talk about that than I would talking about Political issues that I can do Jack Crap about or the latest Football Match which to be fair is just there to Dumb down the Masses hardly stimulating conversation now is it

I accept some people really can`t entertain themselves I however can and very well give Me the internet and I will study/research everything for Hours and hours especially the Dark Net where a lot of the truth Lies

As for TV everybody on here needs to look into something called KODI it is a free downloadable programme with all of the World`s TV and Movies on it and it is free including all of the Sky channels just plud Your Computer into Your TV "HDMI Lead" I guess You only know what You know in this World

As far as Weather goes 90 Per Cent of My visits have been in April and May so the Heat/Humidity is no problem it actually helps Me as I have not the best circulation and the cold worsens that Thailand as a Country goes does not Worry Me at all

And down to the Food as I have already Posted I eat Issan food

Toad/River Snail/Ant Ant Eggs/All Bugs and to be fair anything that they throw at Me

My actual Favourite food in the UK and in Thailand is Sticky Rice with mashed up Fish I can and do eat that most days here in the UK already

All of Your comments are Extremely worthy all of them I have been pondering over for quite a few Years now and I have constantly been Preparing Myself on as many things as I can

Thanks again

Barrie

Have a look at KODI though it is amazing I actually found this in Preperation for Thailand biggrin.png

I am pretty sure that We can Live on 7500 THB A week"growing some fresh produce/Fish of our own" which granted will be quite basic which really isn`t a problem to Me as I hate all things Western as in Glutony and Greed (How much does a Man actually need when others in the World get by on Nothing)

Have you ever read the book: My private dancer? If not, please give it a go and rethink everything for your own sake.

When I read some of your posts i get the feeling that you've never lived here for longer than a few weeks.

Their girls are always different, LOL.

To the OP, how many Thai women have you been involved with on a long term relationship?

Whats the longest you have spent in Thailand at any one time?

Can you speak and read the language?

Hiya

All answered previously sorry

I have however also experienced Western Women extremely high maintenance and I am sure that I have heard of a few Western Women leaving their Western Husbands for a richer one I read it in the Papers I think rolleyes.gif

Yes I do understand that there is a massive difference/unknown with them I don`t want the same same in life though

And this post was always supposed to be about selling/renting/and how much do I really need (if My GF stays with Me)

All advice has been appreciated though

You speak or read the Thai Language fluently before You lived there permanently ?

Cheers

Barrie

​ You wrote that you CAPITALIZE all words that are important for you.. Advice doesn't seem to be important, nor appreciated....biggrin.png

Forget all the moaners here, just do it and enjoy your life, but do not sell house in UK just rent it out with a good agent.

I agree - get on with it. You may discover that life is VERY short indeed - too short.

If you don't do it, you will never know. Follow your intuition/instincts.

What is suitable for one does not necessarily fit all.

A relationship takes time to mature/develop - work at it - both of you.

In LOS, YOU are the boss & you have the responsibilities=respect. That is just the way it is in LOS.

Required income (if you own your Thai house) - B20k/mth excl travel, medical. B100k - BS.

I have been in LOS 13 years - 12 years in CNX & a few months in Fang.

Pay cash - if you cannot - defer purchase.

If possible, get a confidente. He is an advisor not a decision maker - bounce things off him/her.

Keep your UK home for say 12 mths & then review. If unsure then, another 6-12 mths.

I am a firm believer that managing a home from abroad is inferior. Agents look after their own interests first & foremost.

Intuitively, you will know (if you stay sober & away from drugs).

I rent properties in the UK, have excellent agents who look after my interests as well as theirs, it is afterall a business, theirs and mine.

I agree.

I used to rent my properties out myself when I was in NZ and thought property management was a license to print money when considering their fees vs work out in.

However, when I moved over here I had to use a property manager, and admittedly believe I have a good one, as they know the market so much better than I do + have more time than I ever did to interview tenants etc. as a result, they end up getting higher rents for me (which balances out their fees), and they don't have to be "nice people" so don't feel bad about putting up rents etc to keep up with market rates (I always felt like a prick doing that, so ended up underrenting properties if they seemed like nice people).

I'm sorry to have to tell you that you are viewing all this through "rose tinted spectacles!"

First off your 250,000 baht is not nearly enough, 4 times that should be a starting point!

Do not, repeat DO NOT sell your property in the UK. That will increase in value but property here increases very little if at all!

At 45 you are far too young to take up Thai life style and although you're trying to convince yourself you won't, I would be willing to bet money that you will be bored before you're 50!

You may well get on with your Thai family in Udon and you may well pick up Thai enough to have a conversation but have you any idea what these people talk about? Most of them have no knowledge of the outside world, they life revolves around their back yard! Could you get by on a conversation about the price of rice, how was your somtam or how many chickens you have day in day out?

TV may be your last resort when you become bored! Have you ever watched Thai TV? Even if you can get western programs on True you will find they are repeated that many times you can quote them line for line!

I could go on like this but instead just tell you to take it easy, visit Thailand but do not move here yet! If you still feel you want to move here give at least another 10 years but make sure you have more money to back you up.

Sorry to have been blunt but some of the others have let you think living here is a breath of fresh air when for 365 days a year it is hot and humid!

Almost forgot, this is no longer a cheap country! If you need farang foods you will find these at least twice the price back home, sometimes even more! Thais can "eat off the land" by that I mean they can eat certain leaves etc. Can you?

You really do need to step back and think about what you are doing and take things a lot slower!

Good luck whatever you decide!

Hiya Mr Happy in French

I am extremely grateful for Your bluntness actually

I have been waiting for about two Years to pose this question as I wanted to make sure that I was as ready as can be and that I would be able to answer the Questions put to Me adequately

Firstly the 250000 THB is rent Plus another 40000 GBP in the Bank and all Property and Vehicles Paid for

Selling the Property is something that I would rather not do however I think that You will find that the UK Housing Market is going To boom a little and then Bust again and I would rather sell at todays price in that case so no Guarantees either way on that one

My age and Boredom I semi agree with however when I visit Thailand I do not do the tourist thing I actually love the rural Life not all that Challenging conversations granted although I think that I would rather talk about that than I would talking about Political issues that I can do Jack Crap about or the latest Football Match which to be fair is just there to Dumb down the Masses hardly stimulating conversation now is it

I accept some people really can`t entertain themselves I however can and very well give Me the internet and I will study/research everything for Hours and hours especially the Dark Net where a lot of the truth Lies

As for TV everybody on here needs to look into something called KODI it is a free downloadable programme with all of the World`s TV and Movies on it and it is free including all of the Sky channels just plud Your Computer into Your TV "HDMI Lead" I guess You only know what You know in this World

As far as Weather goes 90 Per Cent of My visits have been in April and May so the Heat/Humidity is no problem it actually helps Me as I have not the best circulation and the cold worsens that Thailand as a Country goes does not Worry Me at all

And down to the Food as I have already Posted I eat Issan food

Toad/River Snail/Ant Ant Eggs/All Bugs and to be fair anything that they throw at Me

My actual Favourite food in the UK and in Thailand is Sticky Rice with mashed up Fish I can and do eat that most days here in the UK already

All of Your comments are Extremely worthy all of them I have been pondering over for quite a few Years now and I have constantly been Preparing Myself on as many things as I can

Thanks again

Barrie

Have a look at KODI though it is amazing I actually found this in Preperation for Thailand biggrin.png

Have you ever read the book: My private dancer? If not, please give it a go and rethink everything for your own sake.

When I read some of your posts i get the feeling that you've never lived here for longer than a few weeks.

Hiya all Comments appreciated except You say

"

When I read some of your posts i get the feeling that you've never lived here for longer than a few weeks."

You are clearly either not reading all of My posts or You are being totally selective with them

I have already posted that the Longest I have stayed there is 4 weeks so yeah trust Your feelings because they are right it`s no secret

I

Their girls are always different, LOL.

To the OP, how many Thai women have you been involved with on a long term relationship?

Whats the longest you have spent in Thailand at any one time?

Can you speak and read the language?

Hiya

All answered previously sorry

I have however also experienced Western Women extremely high maintenance and I am sure that I have heard of a few Western Women leaving their Western Husbands for a richer one I read it in the Papers I think rolleyes.gif

Yes I do understand that there is a massive difference/unknown with them I don`t want the same same in life though

And this post was always supposed to be about selling/renting/and how much do I really need (if My GF stays with Me)

You speak or read the Thai Language fluently before You lived there permanently ?

Cheers

Barrie

​ You wrote that you CAPITALIZE all words that are important for you.. Advice doesn't seem to be important, nor appreciated....biggrin.png

Wow boredom isn`t a problem for You is it if You spend Your time studying posts that closely not My sort of Hobby to be fair though.

I also said that it was OCD which inevitably means that I don`t have control over it

It seems to Me that You are doing that selective thing again

Forget all the moaners here, just do it and enjoy your life, but do not sell house in UK just rent it out with a good agent.

I agree - get on with it. You may discover that life is VERY short indeed - too short.

If you don't do it, you will never know. Follow your intuition/instincts.

What is suitable for one does not necessarily fit all.

A relationship takes time to mature/develop - work at it - both of you.

In LOS, YOU are the boss & you have the responsibilities=respect. That is just the way it is in LOS.

Required income (if you own your Thai house) - B20k/mth excl travel, medical. B100k - BS.

I have been in LOS 13 years - 12 years in CNX & a few months in Fang.

Pay cash - if you cannot - defer purchase.

If possible, get a confidente. He is an advisor not a decision maker - bounce things off him/her.

Keep your UK home for say 12 mths & then review. If unsure then, another 6-12 mths.

I am a firm believer that managing a home from abroad is inferior. Agents look after their own interests first & foremost.

Intuitively, you will know (if you stay sober & away from drugs).

Hiya really good Post Thankyou

Life length totally unknown as You know and I am definitely not One Who likes to think that I could have and didn`t

Trust Me we do have an awesome relationship already obviously with some sulking biggrin.png

The responsibility/respect thing is something that is already in place and I would much rather Me make more of the decisions than not and already the Children of the Family listen and learn from Me and now Education is a big thing to all of them

What do You mean about paying cash if I can

Drink and Drugs been there and done that and won`t go back

Cheers for everything

Warm Regards

Barrie

Hiya all

Just an update on the 30 Year Lease/Usufruct in Udon Thani

What the Solicitor has now said is that a Usufruct in Udon Thani can`t be put in place until a Month after Land Purchase

So what We are going to do now is Purchase the Land before Marriage on His advice with a Legal and Binding document saying that the Usufruct will be put in place in the near future this will mean that the Usufruct will be My property before

Hiya all

What the Solicitor has now said is that a Usufruct in Udon Thani can`t be put in place until a Month after Land Purchase

So what We are going to do now is Purchase the Land before Marriage on His advice with a Legal and Binding document saying that the Usufruct will be put in place in the near future this will mean that the Usufruct will be My property before

Sorry

Hiya all

Sorry

I didn`t finish

Usufruct will be My property before Marriage and We will also add a Prenup when We get Married (Which they will do in with the Original quote)

Cheers

Barrie

Archived