Krabi ghostbusters combat spirits with ancient T-shirt magic

Lite Beer

Krabi ghostbusters combat spirits with ancient T-shirt magic

1438657327_1-org.jpg

Residents of Baan Tai village in Krabi province field deployed red T-shirts and other creative displays to ward off soul-starved ghosts. Photo: Khaosod English

KRABI: One by one, they started fainting. Young and old. Men and women. Ever since July, members of the Baan Tai village in Krabi province suddenly started fainting. Some later died.

Unsure of the cause of their mysterious malady, it didn’t take long for locals to determine the most likely cause: ghosts. Now, armed with ancient knowledge to ward off the malevolent spirits, residents are pushing back to protect their very souls.

Homeowner Rayong Boonroong, 70, said Sunday (August 2) that she herself fainted last month and became fearful for her life, especially after a relative dreamed the God of the Underground was out harvesting fresh souls from the living.

To discourage the wraiths from entering their homes, residents have started hanging red T-shirts and signs to scare off the gullible ghosts.

“This household has no faint-hearted people!” reads one of the signs. “Only strong persons live here!”

The ghosts are believed to be targeting residents born on Wednesdays – just like Rayong.

“This helps me feel more relieved,” she said of the spirit-repelling shirt.

Darunee Wangsop, 26, went one better. She erected a scarecrow wearing a red T-shirt atop a motorcycle in front of her home.

“It looks like someone is guarding us all the time,” she explained.

It’s not the first time in recent memory that the T-shirt solution has been deployed to guard a community’s immortal souls.

Villagers in Buriram province last year used the same strategy to protect themselves from a tall, headless man who claimed several souls while they slept.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/krabi-ghostbusters-combat-spirits-with-ancient-t-shirt-magic-53486.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-04

A return of The Death Phone Number, that Thailand suffered from 2-3 yrs ago?

Answer the call from that number and you drop dead.

Developing country, apparently.

coffee1.gif

Yup, totally agree, because in the West there aren't Chain Emails that have a similar content.

Nope, not one. Hundreds more like.

laugh.png

Kind of illustrates my previous post...................

This superstition is no more bizarre than thinking water turns into Jesus' blood, and catholic crackers become his body, which is then ingested in a ritualistic cannabalism.

People are superstitious everywhere because....life can be scary and we feel safer if we think we are protected. It's not a Thai thing...it's a human thing.

When I am in Australia I wear a magic T-shirt that protects me from lions. It must really work because I have not seen any lions near my house.

haha I used that expression with some Thai today.

They really didn't get it. :(

I find it both sad and pathetic that people believe in this nonsense as it speaks to both their intelligence and intellect or lack there off.

In a more rational country logic would dictate that there is a high likelihood of some contamination as so many people have been effected however, logic has left the building and the local culture remains

I find it both sad and pathetic that people believe in this nonsense as it speaks to both their intelligence and intellect or lack there off.

In a more rational country logic would dictate that there is a high likelihood of some contamination as so many people have been effected however, logic has left the building and the local culture remains

Do you, do you really?

Look up Symbolism & it's use all over the world.

Archived