Do not use Uber to/from Airport

seank

Immigration and customs lines are something of a crapshoot. I do not think they care much about where you are coming from, all flights share the same lines.

Going through customs as long as you don't have any boxes or look like a drug attic you will likely just walk through.

1000 does not seem like a lot, but that the meter taxi fare is 300 it kind of puts it in perspective.

China Airlines (Taiwan based)  or China Eastern/Southern (China based)?

13 hours ago, Songkran18 said:

Uber most likely has been operating illegally  in every city until local governance caved in. 

I live in Miami Beach and use it quite often to cross the causeway and save on $30 parking at whatever event. I'll tinker with it in Thailand at difference scenarios.

BTW, my flight arrives 1140P on Apr 2., China Airlines flight from Beijing. I'm assuming immigration folk cringe when they service passengers from that destination. How bad is passing immigration and customs in BKK ? I will pass on Uber upon arrival even though 1000 sounds cheap via accustomed standards. I'm currently in Orlando and getting a $76 quote, 15 miles from airport. 

I wouldn't bother using uber from the airports. At both BKK airports they have well serviced taxi ranks. The taxi to my place in central BKK is 400 baht (uber 1000 baht).

There have been huge queues getting through immigration in the last year or so.

20 hours ago, strewth mick said:

I wouldn't bother using uber from the airports. At both BKK airports they have well serviced taxi ranks. The taxi to my place in central BKK is 400 baht (uber 1000 baht).

There have been huge queues getting through immigration in the last year or so.

I couldn't agree more I use the ranks all the time.

Next time I fly Into pattaya Airport(U-TapaoI) I might give it a go they have put the price of the Mini Bus up to 250THB which is a lot for a 30MIN ride. And they quoted me 1000THB for a taxi if they want to take liberties that's what they get.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1