How can my Thai Girlfriend get a visa to come to the U.S.?

I met a lovely Thai girl on Thaifriendly.com about six months ago, we've grown quite close and want to be together...however she's saying she can't get a Visa to come here. She seems to be able to go to England with her Aunt with no problem...but says the U.S. won't allow her to have a travel visa. I know she's not using me, she knows I'm not wealthy, and she doesn't know anyone else here in the states. She want's to come stay with my in my mountain home, far from the city. She keeps insisting that I go there, but I hear it's hard for white guys to find work there. Plus my job wont allow me to leave for more than a couple days. What's the best way to get her here? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Have her do a tourist visa in Vientianne...I know a few guys that did this...but it was for their wife. Probably much stricter for a girlfriend. I do know that you have to make an appointment online, and she should bring in some financial data....and perhaps an affidavit from you. They want to ensure that she will not remain in the USA...and that can be done by proof of employment here in thailand, as well as property ownership, children...etc.

I did a fiancee visa...took 18 months, only to get disapproved. I have no permanent address in the USA. They wanted me to go back for six months, rent/but a home, establish a residency, and 'Work"... lol (I am retired).

We are going for a tourist visa for her next year...after we get married. My gal would not want to live in the USA....it was just a thought. But I was thinking it would be nice to get her there for six months, and get a travel trailer to tour the whole country.

anyways...lets see if anyone else thinks vientianne is a better place to acquire a tourist visa for a thai....rather than bangkok. At the US consulate...of course.

• Like 2

Have her do a tourist visa in Vientianne...I know a few guys that did this...but it was for their wife. Probably much stricter for a girlfriend. I do know that you have to make an appointment online, and she should bring in some financial data....and perhaps an affidavit from you. They want to ensure that she will not remain in the USA...and that can be done by proof of employment here in thailand, as well as property ownership, children...etc.

I did a fiancee visa...took 18 months, only to get disapproved. I have no permanent address in the USA. They wanted me to go back for six months, rent/but a home, establish a residency, and 'Work"... lol (I am retired).

We are going for a tourist visa for her next year...after we get married. My gal would not want to live in the USA....it was just a thought. But I was thinking it would be nice to get her there for six months, and get a travel trailer to tour the whole country.

anyways...lets see if anyone else thinks vientianne is a better place to acquire a tourist visa for a thai....rather than bangkok. At the US consulate...of course.

Sir would you mind if i asked you some questions...your situation seems to mirror mine in many respects...i tried to pm you but i got some weird message about message storage limit met must delete old messages...

Well that's unfortunate. I don't anticipate being able to fly there to marry first for a looooong time. Just got a new job. So they don't advocate people meeting online? Yes she has a job and a daughter...but I don't think she's planning on going back. More like sending for her daughter to join us. So the U.S. can help us? How do I contact them. Thank you very much for your insight.

Ahahah actually i want to ask slipper l... i live thailand and wanna bring my gf back for a visit. I have no home or job in usa

She might need somebody to "guarantee/sponsor" her...like a relative. I have never tried it yet.

I do know, that for a fiancee visa....the USA requires you to be employed/(or have retirement income) and you must have a home (Physical Address) for six months. I have that in writing.

On the tourist visa, I plan on having a friend/family member sponsor her. I have not yet asked about the "physical address"...

To get the visa she needs to apply at the US embassy.

I don't know what else you want people to tell you. Maybe pray to Vishnu for a visa or something ? Ship her by fedex?

Sorry it is sarcasm but that is the reality when you decide you want to date someone on the other side of the world and at the same time you are unwilling or don't have the ability to travel to that country.

Difficult choices but that is what life is about.

• Like 1

Had similar experiences 10 years ago....Met my present wife (girlfriend then) and wanted to bring her to the US for a visit. Denied.

It was explained to me then that her passport was empty (never traveled outside Thailand), her employment undocumentable, she owned no property....so their concern was that she would go to the US and just disappear...ie no visa.

Within the next year we remedied all those concerns and she got the visa. She presently holds a 10 tourist visa and travels with me to the US often.

Your situation is different in that she HAS traveled (UK visa) and returned ....so, sorry to say, I think she is yanking your proverbial chain.

Has she even tried to get a visa?

Many posters mention a "sponsor" in the US....That idea went out YEARS ago...as NO sponsor can guarantee that someone visiting the US will leave. She has to qualify for a visa on her on merits. ....ie...traveled abroad and returned, has a job to return to, has a home (preferably owned by her), has children in school that she will return to(if she has children)....all show she REALLY is only going to visit for a holiday.

If you're trying to get her to the US permenantly.....Tough road to go down....good luckwhistling.gif

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 1

If your rules are as stringent as Canada - marry her.

But in the meantime - those with Thai government jobs and proof of reasonable income are two starting points.

She needs to convince the Nazi-like interrogator that she will indeed return to Thailand.

Don't try for a 6 month visitors visa like I foolishly did - go short time - pardon the pungiggle.gif

OP ....have reread your post.....it is VAGUE.

If I have this right....

You are young, have met a young Thai lady on the internet and have fallen in love with her. You now wish for her to come and live with you in the states. ...Does that sound about right?

First off...be VERY wary of Thai women you meet on the Internet...Not all are what they seem to be.wub.png

Second....you have NEVER met her in person yet! and you want to bring her to the States already? best she get a tourist visa and visit you (she will ask you for the airfare and don't be surprised if she doesn't show up...blink.png ) ...or even better, you come to Thailand and meet her (but I realize you can't ....job won't allow it.....WHAT? no vacation timebah.gif )

Third....read Thai Visa posts about marrying a Thai women, scams, ripoffs etc.

Lastly ....if after everthing I said and you've read many of the Thai Visa posts AND you STILL want to bring her to the states ...you should look into a fiance visa sad.png

Yeah. I'm the caretaker for this rich old Italian guys mansion in the mountains. If I was to leave for an extended period, nature would take over.

But in the meantime - those with Thai government jobs and proof of reasonable income are two starting points.

She needs to convince the Nazi-like interrogator that she will indeed return to Thailand.

Don't try for a 6 month visitors visa like I foolishly did - go short time - pardon the pungiggle.gif

You really should try to get to Thailand - to show her you are seriously interested in her long term - if what you see now is the real deal in your mind.

I'm not kidding, or trying to be a smart ass. Try to go there first - for 2 weeks absolute minimum - hang out with her, meet her parents if she wants you to meet them - that would show she is serious - then work on the visitors visa.

Record everything you do with her, as they want a record that shows and ONGOING relationship. If possible, keep all emails between you from the beginning, receipts for presents - take lots of photos with you together, etc.

Forewarned is Forearmed

PS: Thai women make some of the best wives in the world

Hi Anthony,

All you can do is try. I would think a US visa would be a shoe-in if she has already traveled to UK.

I'm a bit confused though. You want her to come for a visit and see how thing go, or are you looking to get married and have her stay permanently, or?

"we've grown quite close" (online). Not sure whether to laugh, cry or call troll.

Ever hear of Skype Dipshit?

I have researched but cannot find that particular Skype variant only version 7.7.0.103. What's the difference?

OP ....have reread your post.....it is VAGUE.

If I have this right....

You are young, have met a young Thai lady on the internet and have fallen in love with her. You now wish for her to come and live with you in the states. ...Does that sound about right?

First off...be VERY wary of Thai women you meet on the Internet...Not all are what they seem to be.wub.png

Second....you have NEVER met her in person yet! and you want to bring her to the States already? best she get a tourist visa and visit you (she will ask you for the airfare and don't be surprised if she doesn't show up...blink.png ) ...or even better, you come to Thailand and meet her (but I realize you can't ....job won't allow it.....WHAT? no vacation timebah.gif )

Third....read Thai Visa posts about marrying a Thai women, scams, ripoffs etc.

Lastly ....if after everthing I said and you've read many of the Thai Visa posts AND you STILL want to bring her to the states ...you should look into a fiance visa sad.png

Yeah. I'm the caretaker for this rich old Italian guys mansion in the mountains. If I was to leave for an extended period, nature would take over.

OMG! Silvio still has that old rockpile?

If you are not trolling, listen to everyone about the need to come here and meet her first. Always remember though, that her possibility of getting a Visa to the US in virtually nil. She must pay $150 fee to the US Embassy, make an appointment for an interview, and go to the interview by herself. They do not care about anything you would have to say, and therefore are not allowed to participate. They want her to have a successful career here, (being a beer bar girl does not cut it), own a home, be married, or have children. Something that may make her come back to Thailand. You want her to live in the states forever. That is not going to happen anytime soon. Most of these girls just want you to get them into the US so that they can find someone with money and stay forever, or until the money runs out.

When a Nigerian Prince asks for your help in getting $10 million dollars into your bank account, are you one of those that says "Okay"? This is not going to turn out well.

• Like 1

Married 3 years and can't get my wife into the US. The chances of getting a girlfriend from the Internet?

By the way, girls you meet over the Internet rarely work out. Relationships over here are a dime a dozen. If you lived here, I'd give this relationship maybe a month and you would be onto someone else. Although Thai girls make great wives when you find the right one (that takes years), forget about meeting a Thai girl online and bringing her in. Ain't going to happen.

More than one way to skin a cat but your way just isn't going to happen.

I AM weary of scams and bs artists, but I'm convinced she's the real deal...she KNOWS I don't have much money. And keeps harassing me to come out there...if she had I'll intent...what's she gonna get? I've got nothing significant to steal. She's just into white guys. Said Thai guys don't do it for her.

I AM weary of scams and bs artists, but I'm convinced she's the real deal...she KNOWS I don't have much money. And keeps harassing me to come out there...if she had I'll intent...what's she gonna get? I've got nothing significant to steal. She's just into white guys. Said Thai guys don't do it for her.

Sorry to say.....But "Naive" is the word that comes to mind.

As you say you have "nothing"....but keep in mind that you're probably not the "only one" she has "connected" with, on the internet. She's playing the "long" game....So far it has cost you nothing and her nothing ....but time.

Just wait....soon her father will be sick, the buffalo died, Uncle in hospital, motor bike broke down etc.....send money to help....$100 (small money but added to the MANY others she has on the hook ....it adds up)

I know you don't want to hear that ...."I'm convinced she's the real thing".....AND how would you know that? You have never met her? How do you know she is NOT a he? Or some ugly pig just playing an internet scam? ....You Don't!blink.png....OH yeah, I know ....she sent you photos....but have you ever consider, that's just what it is, a photo ...could be anyone, and probably not herwhistling.gif....Could be wrong. Have you Skyped with her....at least talked with her where you can actually see her?

In order to get her to the states ...it's going to cost you a minimum of $2000 (airfare and attempting to get a visa)....Soooo, if you have nothing ....how will you pay? And how do you know she is not playing you and will split once she gets to the US? You don't!

Do yourself a favor and get somebody to take your place at work for at least a week and fly to Thailand and meet her.

Sorry to be so harsh....but what I have indicated above, has a high probability of occuring......Just something to consider

Edited by beachproperty

As you say you have "nothing"....but keep in mind that you're probably not the "only one" she has "connected" with, on the internet. She's playing the "long" game....So far it has cost you nothing and her nothing ....but time.

Just wait....soon her father will be sick, the buffalo died, Uncle in hospital, motor bike broke down etc.....send money to help....$100 (small money but added to the MANY others she has on the hook ....it adds up)

I know you don't want to hear that ...."I'm convinced she's the real thing".....AND how would you know that? You have never met her? How do you know she is NOT a he? Or some ugly pig just playing an internet scam? ....You Don't!blink.png....OH yeah, I know ....she sent you photos....but have you ever consider, that's just what it is, a photo ...could be anyone, and probably not herwhistling.gif....Could be wrong. Have you Skyped with her....at least talked with her where you can actually see her?

In order to get her to the states ...it's going to cost you a minimum of $2000 (airfare and attempting to get a visa)....Soooo, if you have nothing ....how will you pay? And how do you know she is not playing you and will split once she gets to the US? You don't!

Do yourself a favor and get somebody to take your place at work for at least a week and fly to Thailand and meet her.

Sorry to be so harsh....but what I have indicated above, has a high probability of occuring......Just something to consider

Well I know she's who she says she is and that she IS in FACT a SHE because she sometimes gets a little frisky when we talk on video cam chat, and I've checked the plumbing. She's definitely female. And she's added me to her facebook where she only has close friends and family. And I don't see any flirting going on there except with me. And her family knows about me and comments and likes my comments to her. Highly doubt her family would support this kind of stuff with multiple dudes.

The "5" minute short time?

Well I know she's who she says she is and that she IS in FACT a SHE because she sometimes gets a little frisky when we talk on video cam chat, and I've checked the plumbing. She's definitely female. And she's added me to her facebook where she only has close friends and family. And I don't see any flirting going on there except with me. And her family knows about me and comments and likes my comments to her. Highly doubt her family would support this kind of stuff with multiple dudes.

You say....."Highly doubt her family would support this kind of stuff with multiple dudes."

Well that just shows how "naive" you really are....and total lack of understanding of the Thai culture. This is asia....not the USA