Thailand plans to grant multiple-entry visas to tourists from all nations

webfact

Been thinking about this... 6 months multi entry at 5000 baht as opposed to......... a double entry tourist visa that cost about 2500 baht with the extension at immigration x2 2000 = 6500.

I take it with the new visa same any other multi after 3 months you will have to do your bounce still, so only different will be saving two trips to immigration to extending saved if you had a tourist visa and about 1500baht.......

So to me its just some repackaging of something already on offer, unless I'm missing something.... i might have

so not getting to excited about this till more details come out.

You do seem to be missing something.

You can't keep getting back to back double entry tourist visas. They red stamp you, or you need to leave for 3 months, or they just decide to give you one entry.

Therefore this is an important visa that enables me to stay in country with much less risk over a long period.

Unless of course they red stamp you after a few of these visas as well.. no reason why they wouldn't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news that this seems to be going forward despite the questions about immigration raised by the bombing.

Question: will visitors be able to apply for the multi entry visa upon arrival as well? The original release about the changes to immigration policy mentioned that I believe, but this letter seems to communicate that these visas need to be applied for prior to embarking to Thailand.

Great news that this seems to be going forward despite the questions about immigration raised by the bombing.

Question: will visitors be able to apply for the multi entry visa upon arrival as well? The original release about the changes to immigration policy mentioned that I believe, but this letter seems to communicate that these visas need to be applied for prior to embarking to Thailand.

Given 1) Tourist Visas have to be applied for at an Embassy/Consulate outside of Thailand & 2) Every Embassy that's posted the eligibility rules for the METV so far have said that you need to be a citizen or long term resident (See example for ZA in the post above yours), I'd say the chances of getting one on arrival are 0%,

The requirement for "proof of employment" makes this visa seem pretty pointless to me as how many people can take off more than 30days pa never mind in 1 go!!! Even if I were still working in Singapore (where I would have been eligible as I was on a long term pass), I'd never have been able to stay longer than 2-3 weeks so Visa Exempts more than cover the trips & making 8-10 trips a year was never stopped/questioned by immigration.

If the UK doesn't require the proof of employment then I don't mind getting one from there as I visit family 2-3 times a year anyway, but again, if they do then the Visa is pointless to me as I'm retired.

I never thought I'd say this but thank Buddha I'm 50 in 3 months & 3 days...

• 3 weeks later...

TTT69, I'm mystified as to how you think that...for a working stiff

Non-O Spousal...400,000 in the Thai bank (if you don't have a Thai visa, can't open an account) for 3 months, minimum

Or 40,000 in a combined account (only works if you already have a Thai visa...again...)

Non Imm B...have to have a company sponsor.

You see, TT69, not all of us are sexpats, expecting our pensions to be enough for us to play the visa game. Some of us are actually working professionals whom the Thai government seems to lunk into the same group as sexpats.

I can't make enough money in Thailand to support my family in the best way it should be; first class tuition, private school, mortgatge, car, etc. Don't know your situation.

Because Thailand <deleted> farang that are responsible...I can't be on my housebook, I can't own property, I can't do shit except pay money to the government...

I have this choice, working outside of the Land of Suck Me...a visa that let's me see my family more often...you think you have a better solution for me?

Please share it...but your "Non O" "Non ImmB" argument falls outside my toilet. It isn't factual.

If you actually have something constructive to add...I'd be happy t

Non-O Spousal...400,000 in the Thai bank (if you don't have a Thai visa, can't open an account) for 3 months, minimum

Or 40,000 in a combined account (only works if you already have a Thai visa...again...)

You see, TT69, not all of us are sexpats, expecting our pensions to be enough for us to play the visa game. Some of us are actually working professionals whom the Thai government seems to lunk into the same group as sexpats.

I can't make enough money in Thailand to support my family in the best way it should be; first class tuition, private school, mortgatge, car, etc. Don't know your situation.

Because Thailand <deleted> farang that are responsible...I can't be on my housebook, I can't own property, I can't do shit except pay money to the government...

I have this choice, working outside of the Land of Suck Me...a visa that let's me see my family more often...you think you have a better solution for me?

Please share it...but your "Non O" "Non ImmB" argument falls outside my toilet. It isn't factual.

Not sure I understand what point you're making, are you a "Working Professional" in Thailand (in which case you'd only need an income of 40,000 THB pm, less than £800) or you're a "Working Professional" outside of Thailand, in which case you should have no problem opening a bank account (especially with your wife's help) & putting 400,000 THB.

It's the non-married, under 50, not-working ("Officially" as in no non-Imm B + WP) & not able/willing to go for the Elite Visa that has the problem.

You would be wrong, in assuming you can open a bank account - even with your wife's help - legally in Thailand.

According to government regs, you MUST have a valid working or resident visa in which to open such an account.

I work outside of Thailand...can't work for peanuts and support my family.

And as a working professional...making a 400,000 THB savings, while trying to take care of one's family is not every worker's possibility. eh?

Thanks for your contribution...but again, I am not any more informed, after it.

You would be wrong, in assuming you can open a bank account - even with your wife's help - legally in Thailand.

According to government regs, you MUST have a valid working or resident visa in which to open such an account.

I work outside of Thailand...can't work for peanuts and support my family.

And as a working professional...making a 400,000 THB savings, while trying to take care of one's family is not every worker's possibility. eh?

Thanks for your contribution...but again, I am not any more informed, after it.

You've been to the wrong Bank/Branch, try a different one...

Again, if you don't have the 400K in the bank, you only need a verifiable income of 40K THB per month.

I think what you're looking for doesn't exist but the barriers to you being able to stay in Thailand with reasonably little hassles aren't huge, being able to earn a decent wage whilst living there is a different matter altogether.

Edit: Bangkok Bank requirements for opening a Bank Account... http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/SpecialServices/ForeignCustomers/Pages/Openinganaccountnew.aspx

"In Thailand for a short time?

Staying for a long time?

Even if you are only visiting Thailand for

a relatively short period of time, you can open a savings account and get a debit

card to use for shopping and ATM withdrawals. All you will need to provide

is your passport and one other official identification document – for example,

a reference letter from your embassy,

your home bank or a person acceptable

to the bank.

You will also need to provide evidence of your address in Thailand as well as your regular address in your home country".

"Staying for a long time?

If you have a work permit, are a permanent resident, or hold a long-stay visa, you can apply for a wider range of services such as a cheque account, internet banking and online international funds transfer services".

(Non-O for marriage would count as a long-stay visa)

Hopefully you're a little more informed (at least about opening a Bank Account) now...

My consulting bill is in the post ;)

Because Thailand &lt;deleted&gt; farang that are responsible...I can't be on my housebook, I can't own property, I can't do shit except pay money to the government...

The requirements you listed are not for a visa to travel to Thailand.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I think this is a great idea. For someone like myself who at this time cannot afford to stay permanently at the moment This means I can stay for 6 months and then go back home and work and not have the worry of having to renew. I do not agree with a majority of some of the decisions and rules the Government bring in but this feels ok.

The article points out how important tourism is to the country so why keep on bringing in so many foolish ideas, such as the declaration form where you are supposed to put down social sites , bank accounts etc in this age of stolen identities people are going to be put off by this sort of snooping.

So come on Thailand

Archived