Stallions 400cc - Any good?

azerty66

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a bad quality a chinese copy of decades old popular sr400 yamaha.

so wanna ask?

do you buy Sqny or Sunny instead of Sony? Or do you buy Sophone6 instead of a real iphone6?

i do not think so so why you can be so cheap on the motorbikes that carries your soul and your life.

such a bike is disrespect to the heritage of yamaha sr400. So i cannot understand how those sr400 fans like this bike. this chinese knock off is disrespect for all those sr400 followers and disrespect for the Yamaha team designed and created this bike

and sure in a year, it will be a rusty problematic machine like other stallions or lets say like most if not all chinese bikes.

so wanna ask?

do you buy Sqny or Sunny instead of Sony? Or do you buy Sophone6 instead of a real iphone6?

i do not think so so why you can be so cheap on the motorbikes that carries your soul and your life.

such a bike is disrespect to the heritage of yamaha sr400. So i cannot understand how those sr400 fans like this bike. this chinese knock off is disrespect for all those sr400 followers and disrespect for the Yamaha team designed and created this bike

and sure in a year, it will be a rusty problematic machine like other stallions or lets say like most if not all chinese bikes.

Of course the other way to look at it is Yamaha is disrespecting it loyal followers in Thailand by seeking to rip them off with the 300KTHB price tag for the new SR.

so wanna ask?

Of course the other way to look at it is Yamaha is disrespecting it loyal followers in Thailand by seeking to rip them off with the 300KTHB price tag for the new SR.

nope, it is not Yamaha, it is rip off taxes from government that makes it that expensive here.

it is 265 k THB now and next year you can expect some more decrease in price due to trade agreement with Japan.

It's hardly disrespectful, at least no more disrespectful than Yamaha, Kawasaki etc taking a lot of influence from the British bike industry. I mean it's hardly coincidence that a W650 looks like a Bonneville is it?!

Personally I'd rather ride the SR any day of the week, but having a cheaper option for those that want it isn't a bad thing.

Actually the bike is a copy of the double over head cam 4 valve Honda CB400 SS. Almost down to the last detail! Think many parts will be exchangeable?

I have ridden one and it is actually not bad at all. Surprisingly smooth and a reasonable bike. The big thing is will the quality be livable or not?

Factory told me 120k and December but probably January before they are ready to sell.

No Carburettor, just fuel injection. They are still mapping the FI for government compliance!

I will wait for 6 months after they come out just to see how they go and if they hold up

• 2 months later...

Actually the bike is a copy of the double over head cam 4 valve Honda CB400 SS. Almost down to the last detail! Think many parts will be exchangeable?

I have ridden one and it is actually not bad at all. Surprisingly smooth and a reasonable bike. The big thing is will the quality be livable or not?

Factory told me 120k and December but probably January before they are ready to sell.

No Carburettor, just fuel injection. They are still mapping the FI for government compliance!

I will wait for 6 months after they come out just to see how they go and if they hold up

How does it fair size wise, the 150 is small and so is the SR400 and at 285k baht ridiculous? How tall are you and did you fit?

Unlike any other non Jap bike the 150 is very popular here, they are everywhere.

It's hardly disrespectful, at least no more disrespectful than Yamaha, Kawasaki etc taking a lot of influence from the British bike industry. I mean it's hardly coincidence that a W650 looks like a Bonneville is it?!

Personally I'd rather ride the SR any day of the week, but having a cheaper option for those that want it isn't a bad thing.

you are wrong, it is a homage of their old w1 model. so you dont even know where kawa 650 is originating from:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_W_series

and old w series is a licensed production of BSA (not a fake BSA!). so please update your info before posting things here.

and kawasaki looks better than Bonneville and much more durable as well. and not same.

and it is not a one to one copy like stallion 400, right?

plus at least Japanese made it better than Bonneville at the end. reviews say that, check it out. it is evolved in a better way not like making it Chinese and worse:)

and where Bonneville get copied from? maybe BSA and BSA is a copy of other bikes so it all goes. all have two wheels:)

Please stop this nonsense about being disrespectful to the Jap designers, copying is all they have ever done since WW2. For more than half a century, they have spent 99% of their development budget improving production and unashamedly ripped off the Brits and Yanks for their designs.

"Copy and improve" was their motto for years, this is why all their bikes look the same now, the Brits aren't providing the designs for them any more.

The Japs even used the word "influenced" in their advertising, now if the Chinese are now doing the same, ain't it all a bleedin' shame.....

Besides this is a twin, the SR400 is a single, so they have copied the Bonny if anything......it is just a copy though...and it sure isn't a Cafe Racer.

120k for a 400 doesn't sound bad.

Please stop this nonsense about being disrespectful to the Jap designers, copying is all they have ever done since WW2. For more than half a century, they have spent 99% of their development budget improving production and unashamedly ripped off the Brits and Yanks for their designs.

"Copy and improve" was their motto for years, this is why all their bikes look the same now, the Brits aren't providing the designs for them any more.

The Japs even used the word "influenced" in their advertising, now if the Chinese are now doing the same, ain't it all a bleedin' shame.....

Besides this is a twin, the SR400 is a single, so they have copied the Bonny if anything......it is just a copy though...and it sure isn't a Cafe Racer.

Allan, are you trying to say that the Stallions 400 is not a single ?

Assumed it was a single with twin exhaust ports, sounds like a single to me.

that's because it is a single. Allan should get his facts right before chiming in

that's because it is a single. Allan should get his facts right before chiming in

.....well hush my mouth, I looked at the picture and assumed a twin...what are you running this forum now, we have to ask your permission....?

Some mother do have 'em....

perish the thought that anyone should write something without having their facts in order first after all this is a public forum and 10 minutes reading will indicate the overall depth of knowledge that one must have before offering an opinion

I still reckon they should introduce an IQ test suggested in a thread about the poor harassed elephants...

I think a little research may well be in order.

Just off the top of my head -

CB750 -1969

VF750 - 1983

Show me a Brit or Yank inline or V4

This is just Honda, and only two models from one manufacturer.

Ripoff - please.

CB750 -1969

VF750 - 1983

Ripoff - please.

Belgian arms manufacturer FN Herstal, which had been making motorcycles since 1901, began producing motorcycles with inline-fours in 1905. The FN Four had its engine mounted upright with the crankshaft longitudinal. Other manufacturers that used this layout included Pierce, Henderson, Ace, Cleveland, and Indian in the United States, Nimbus in Denmark, Windhoff in Germany, and Wilkinson in the United Kingdom

CB750 -1969

VF750 - 1983

Ripoff - please.

Belgian arms manufacturer FN Herstal, which had been making motorcycles since 1901, began producing motorcycles with inline-fours in 1905. The FN Four had its engine mounted upright with the crankshaft longitudinal. Other manufacturers that used this layout included Pierce, Henderson, Ace, Cleveland, and Indian in the United States, Nimbus in Denmark, Windhoff in Germany, and Wilkinson in the United Kingdom

I believe Triumph developed a 4 pot in the Sixties/Seventies?,but BSA who owned them didn't fund it sufficiently and it got terminated. Probably other manufacturers has similar ideas but never made production,but I may be wrong.

Archived